• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon King Daimao downgrade ig

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said earlier, we are waiting for DontTalk to get some free time from his real life responsibilities. That is going to take at least a week. I would appreciate if the rest of you stop spamming unnecessary posts until then.
Of course, but it is understandable that people want this thing to go by faster. However, it’s best to wait until DT is ready to respond again

Guys i just found someone argument :

Note: The following scans are from the official light novel release, where the foreword and afterword and among other things are included and translated well.

Just to point things out, the universe is undoubtedly finite in a small scale however that doesn’t mean that they are all solar system sized and reside in a single universe. The concept of possible worlds introduces all feasible worlds, in the novel, anything that can be written is possible and if something can’t be written then nothing will happen. Elephants that can fly and Hitler existing in a 2000 A.D is physically impossible, Elephants can’t fly as that not our notion of physics works rendering such idea impossible, however it’d be possible in another world. And towards the end where it said there aren’t any planets and stars outside of this solar system is another thing that implies “all possible worlds” aren’t just planets contained in a single universe. The concept of possible worlds in real life philosophy and in this novel, introduces the idea of a multiverse.

The mentions of the afterlife has a finite space is BEFORE Akuto released all possibilities, the entire Afterlife is subjected to his will as he can erase and change it. To keep the stories flat, he prepared an infinite plane with only a few things(table, chairs, fruits) so that they can be held under control. There are two mentions of this followed by Hiroshi’s own mention of it being a never ending plane in which Akuto followed by saying “of course, i can make it look anything I want.” There are no statements after that which refutes its size.

-Quote-

•This, too, was another form of story concluding. It had taken thousands of years to reach this point, and still stories hid themselves from mankind, he now believed. This belief had started as a doubt, and had only grown stronger. To make the stories flat, Akuto prepared an infinite plane, with a chair and table on it, drinks, and a few fruits. Even here, stories still emerged, but they could be kept under control.•
(Volume 13, Chapter 4)

•An infinite flat plane. Akuto summoned a visitor
into that space. There were very few personalities outside his influence now. And only one who could give him advice. Hiroshi was there, with a blushing smile on his face. "It's our first time talking like this, isn't it?" Hiroshi said. He wasn't wearing the suit, but he was still Brave. "We've spent a lot of time apart, haven't we?" "I never thought about trying to talk with you as an equal.” "Maybe not. But I think we knew that this time would come.
"I didn't come here because you called me. I
chose this spacetime to warp to. I knew this time
would come. So for me it's been a few months. For you, a few thousand years? That's a long time.” "Sorry I couldn't find a better place to invite you." Akuto laughed as he offered a drink.
"This place is... an endless flat plane. Like a desert, I guess." Hiroshi looked around.
"Of course, I can make it look like anything I
want. But I'm trying to keep stories from emerging.•

(Volume 13, Chapter 4)

-End Quote-

And before that an inexplicably mention of already existing infinite universes made by TLOI. Note: This is taken from the official light novel release, the Kanji has synonyms for countless number or infinite number. The available translation in the net and the official release both used infinite in this context.

-Quote-

“No, it didn’t change. In the end, I end up here,” Boichiro said, pointing down to his feet with a sarcastic expression. “Here?” “The afterlife.” “That’s hard to understand. There are so many worlds, you know. Earth. Virtual Phase Space. Other dimensions. The outer universe. The afterlife... did I miss any?” Hiroshi frowned. Boichiro corrected him. “That’s a little off. ‘Other dimension’ and ‘outer universe’ are two words for the same thing. We don’t know a lot about other dimensions, except that there’s probably infinite numbers of them. But as for the others, you’re correct. And the Law of Identity is involved in them all. It’s likely that she made them. And that’s why they’re relatively easy to understand.” “Keena made them? Is that why we can understand them?”
(Volume 13, Chapter 1)

-End Quote-

There are four statements which supports infinite possible universes that Akuto created. 1. Was the mention if the combinations being infinite 2. Infinite possibilities explicitly said 3. Akuto needed infinite time to test every possible stories 4. Infinite personalities existing within Akuto

1. The scan posted alongside this comment
2. •“Individuals.” This was the first time that humanity became "individual". With shared words, but no shared stories, no relationships could be born. It was impossible for someone to be an enemy or a friend, of course, but they couldn't be a stranger either. Infinite possibilities made stories impotent.• (Volume 13, Chapter 4)
3. •But recreating all those possible stories took Akuto what amounted to an infinite span of time. Because, of course, he needed to test every story. But even so, the stories instantly became more complicated. As soon as the modern era arrived, they became• (Volume 13, Chapter 4)
4. •"Concepts?" "In this state, I can really understand the fact that a personality is something that can't be truly understood by another person. If another person's responses were actually mechanical, we wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Perhaps the infinite personalities that exist inside us right now are actually that.• (Volume 13, Chapter 4) Further explanation to this, refer to the previous statement above when Akuto summoned Hiroshi, it’s mentioned that there are only a few personalities outside of his influence because those that are part of his influence is part when he released all infinite possibilities.

Last edited:
Also before someone could refer to this single statement(Volume 13 Chapter 4) to lower The Law of Identity’s superiority over others. It should be noted that the other gods became possibilities within Akuto while TLOI isn’t part of it as he can’t summon it. Heck if he can then he can save Keena using that method.

In the afterword of Volume 13, the author invited us to read the earlier volumes for what he meant by most stuffs. That realization Akuto had was the face value of the Law of Identity.

“At face value, that was the undeniable principle that you were yourself.

The fact that you were the person who was thinking your thoughts could not be shaken and that had already been touched on when it came to proving the existence of the world.”

The Faceless Universe after introducing “You” it filled “Who!” The existence of others makes you realize, that you yourself exist. It’s not a limitation of TLOI

Most of these points were already brought up.
And the author litteraly said that "infinite" was a mistranslation, as shown in one of the previous pages.

It would be better to not just copy/paste arguments without taking into account what has already been said.

stories being able to fight back and invade other stories are all possibilities. Also in Volume 13, Chapter 5 it said that stories are classified as “virus” but how can something as insignificant as fiction can be harmful to them let alone be a “virus”?

Before Volume 13, the author of the series told us about his perspective about stories and what they are. Despite them being fictional, they can hold a lot of meaning for us. Sometimes it can influence us, for the better and worse. Stories can be a parasite as how it can subconsciously influence someone to gradually be lenient to death and other things.

It’s a meta-narrative that doesn’t take away the R/F difference

yeah its based on already provided proof of daimao simply not qulifing for our standards of high 1-A or 1-A in general for that matter
I didn't say he did and/or does meet them, I'm saying, this CRT won't be applied on the basis of a bunch of people saying "I agree".

I didn't say he did and/or does meet them, I'm saying, this CRT won't be applied on the basis of a bunch of people saying "I agree".
No, but it will make it clear that this will be an uncontroversial upgrade/downgrade.

Meaning Staff will be more likely to go through with it. As they don't have to worry about fans going rabid lmao.

yes I know its just we are prologing a crt that is pretty damn conclusive with concrete info behind
Yes, but because of how known the verse is for its power, it's definitely going to be controvertial. No reason why it wouldn't be. Besides, the counter arguments that were made were pretty interesting, so this CRT can still go on. Like the Umineko thread, this thread should be based on discussion, not just the number of agrees/disagrees in it.

That said, I personally think the OP is extremely blatant with their arguments, and Umy and I have discussed some of this stuff before, so I agree for now. I'll wait for DT's response before making a conclusive statement.

However, if I'm could offer my 2 cents. From what I've seen, the hierarchy of stories thingy, even if it were just hypothetical or not proven, would still prove the nature of higher levels of existence. It being metaphorical doesn't remove that basis on higher planes of existence in the verse. Then again, if it were metaphorical, it would still downgrade the verse by a lot.

Yes, but because of how known the verse is for its power, it's definitely going to be controvertial. No reason why it wouldn't be. Besides, the counter arguments that were made were pretty interesting, so this CRT can still go on. Like the Umineko thread, this thread should be based on discussion, not just the number of agrees/disagrees in it.

That said, I personally think the OP is extremely blatant with their arguments, and Umy and I have discussed some of this stuff before, so I agree for now. I'll wait for DT's response before making a conclusive statement.

However, if I'm could offer my 2 cents. From what I've seen, the hierarchy of stories thingy, even if it were just hypothetical or not proven, would still prove the nature of higher levels of existence. It being metaphorical doesn't remove that basis on higher planes of existence in the verse. Then again, if it were metaphorical, it would still downgrade the verse by a lot.
oh I know that but im more than certain about 60% doesn't agree with the rating

although i do think they are a tad above 4-B but definitly not high 1-A at least not by wiki standards

oh I know that but im more than certain about 60% doesn't agree with the rating

although i do think they are a tad above 4-B but definitly not high 1-A at least not by wiki standards
I personally agree that the High 1A rating should probably be removed. As well as that, just overlooking the OP again, the R>F hierarchy does just seem to be a bit of a misinterpretation by those that used it in the cosmology in the first place. Then again, I don't know nearly enough about the verse to make a confident reply, so I won't pretend that I do.

I personally agree that the High 1A rating should probably be removed. As well as that, just overlooking the OP again, the R>F hierarchy does just seem to be a bit of a misinterpretation by those that used it in the cosmology in the first place. Then again, I don't know nearly enough about the verse to make a confident reply, so I won't pretend that I do.
well from what I've seen high 1-B low 1-A would be actually some what reasonable but I'm no expert on the verse just know damn well its not high 1-A by any standards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back