• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwatch RP Thread 1

Nobel adjusts himself into the iron caress of its seating, the clatter of his explosive bandolier resounding and commencing to rattle to a resonance with the ship's humming.

The craft descends towards the planet, and slowly the enormous storms and seas of prometheum become clearly distinct. Everywhere you look, even as you descend through the upper layers of the atmosphere, you can tell death alone is here, awaiting.

Jaeger sits quietly aboard the ship reading himself for combat as his excitement rises, a new Death World and potentially new and powerful enemies to slay in the name if the All-Father.

Be'lisarius kept closer his Multi-Melta, focusing on his training and the countless battles he had been through.

This mission will be dangerous, I will have to be ready for anything. He thought.

"... An entire ocean of fuel... Uninhabitable, but harvestable..."

The craft barrels through the choking dust of the atmosphere, the cold black of space transitioning into the very much boiling black of enraged storm clouds. Even through the almost artificial night of the hellscape however, one distinct structure juts out into the sky, unbendable by the planet's wrath.

"And yet even here, life finds a way Templar. Welcome to Sunspire, the capital Hive of this world."

"Some make no distinction of the two."

The craft lands into one of the many airports dotting around the gargantuan structure of the main Hive Spire. From the way other aircraft move and are positioned, you can tell you are being given priority landing favors.

By the time you have touched down, you already see a huge crowd assembled in front of you, kept back by heavily armed Arbites.

"This could be rather cumbersome," the Captain says as moves to emerge as the doors open, followed closely by the pilot of the craft.

"Likely so."

Aonghus gets up, joining the captain in exit.

"Maintain vox-links from now on," the Captain says, the sound resounding in all your ears.

"Affirmative."

His communication clicking into temporary silent once the message was relayed.

The crowd stretches itself towards you, the Angels of the Emperor, even as they are held back. The Captain seems to be in a bad mood.

"This is an unacceptable security breach."

"As if you wouldn't reach to God as well if His angels came down from the sky, my Captain. Desperation seem ripe among these people."

"Indeed so."

Aonghus steps forth to try and quell the stream of the crowd.

"Settle down, settle down... We cannot reach our destination if you so desperately try to reach for us. There will be time later, I assure you."

"I direct no scorn towards the baselines Nobel. The nobility however is another matter. One of them has slipped, likely even boasted about it. The sheer arrogance."

@DMUA

You can see upon closer inspection that the people are equipped all with gas mask. Each seems screwed on, almost molded to the flesh, as if they'd grown around it rather than had it grafted. They are in varying stages of being clothed in industrial grade equipment.

"... It seems this place is quite peculiar in it's filth. Even if it sustains humanity across the galaxy... I envy no man who is born and dies in a place such as this."

"The nobility? That is a predicament..."

Keep trying to quell the crowd.

@DMUA

"Do not bother with them. They are caught between admiration, fear and religious ecstasy. The people of this world are more faithful than most, as you'd imagine."

@Overlord775

"We convene on Plaza Delta with our agents. Half of us will be attending the grand festival of the planetary-governor, to attempt to glean information about the potential cult activities on this world. We will be posing as ambassadors, and nothing more. The rest will head to Squad Thanatos' last known location to investigate their disappearance."

To live in such a place is to know hell and suffering Jaeger thinks to himself as he walks through the crowd trying to avoid hurting any of the anyone.

"Our transport should be here soon. Coordinates have been attached to your cogitators."

In the walk towards the location of what you know now to be a hover train transport system, you notice the bleak beauty of the city around. Hundreds of skyscrapers built in the hardy, boxy shape meant to endure the Hell wrought by the atmospheric conditions. Yet, statues, streets, even basic lighting infrastructure still seems affected by the acid rain.

"Some make no distinction of the two."

The craft lands into one of the many airports dotting around the gargantuan structure of the main Hive Spire. From the way other aircraft move and are positioned, you can tell you are being given priority landing favors.

By the time you have touched down, you already see a huge crowd assembled in front of you, kept back by heavily armed Arbites.

"This could be rather cumbersome," the Captain says as moves to emerge as the doors open, followed closely by the pilot of the craft.
The pilot in turn made no effort to draw any attention to himself. A Techmarine always does though, and the veteran marine’s large servo-harness was impossible to miss. He decides to watch the others to see what ways they’re behaving.

You arrive at a great hub that clearly leads into many routes of transport, whether by private or public means. A great mag-lev train, looking fit to carry massive cargo yet possessing what might pass for luxury on this world stops in one of the tracks nearby. The Captain enters it without hesitation.

Nobel strides behind his superior in akin haste - His curious eyes grasping all in their ocular grip to keep note as they move in.

Aonghus steps onward.

"Ah, I forgot to mention... Half of us will be posing as ambassadors, while half will be investigating... How will we distribute our manpower?"

"I am most suited to direct combat. I will lead the expedition into the Undehive of this place. I will require strength of arms. Crowd control capabilities, in case we discover too many vermin. Structural experts, and experts in ruining structure. And finally, an independent sensory scanner than can give me exactly what I need," the Captain finishes simply thus. "Jaeger, Grimal, Nobel, Uriel. You are with me."

Last edited:
"Ah. Where is the festival that those remaining will attend?"

"Once we meet up with our agents, we should be made aware."

Back