• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwatch RP Thread 1

"I shall attempt to live up to my kins example" Jaeger states before he launches at the Captain without hesitation with an overhead slash at a slight angle with the long sword as he keeps the short sword closer to his being.

The blow is parried with the axe, cold steel grinding against cold steel as Jaeger is sidestepped.

"Explosive aren't you."

Jaeger simply smiles as he again attempts to close the distance between himself and the Captain, using the long sword to slash at the Captains fingers while thrusting the short sword towards the Captains throat.

The Captain blocks the hit with the long sword, weaving out of the short one's reach, and giving Jaeger a meaty shove.

"That savagery is your greatest asset, and greatest downfall. Yes. Do go for the killshot," he says, taunting.

His smile only widens as he thrusts the long sword towards the right side of his face while he uses the short sword to slash at his thigh.

The Captain drops to the ground, kicking out towards Jaeger's legs, before pouncing on him with his axe.

Jaeger grabs the Axes handle, moving the head to the side away from him as he thrusts his short sword at the Captains lower stomach.

The Captain outstretches his arm, attempting to evade the short sword thrust, seemingly succeeding, before breaking Jaeger's grip and delivering a meaty strike to his nose. The Space Wolf senses one, possibly two or three things break, and feels the irony taste of his own blood in his airways and mouth.

Yet as his vision rebounds in less than a second, he sees Deimos has stopped, though not for the reasons he expected.

"First blood," he says once more with finality, pointing at his own abdomen, revealing a small but noticeable cut.

Last edited:
Even through the breaks and strikes the Wolfs smile never faded and has only grown after seeing he had drawn first blood, "What a fantastic battle" he says with vigor and a little struggle due to the blood in his airway as he laughs and coughs still on his back.

The Captain grabs the Wolf's hand and yanks him upward with little effort.

"A commendable bout, indeed. Well, I personally feel like I've seen all I need to. Is anyone else looking forward to a match?" he says, as the cage opens.

Spear in increasingly tense grasp, Nobel presses forth.

"Grand performance, Fenris-son. Now for Vulkan's."

@AkuAkuAkuma

"I have never encountered your Chapter before, Gila Monster. This should be interesting," he says, picking up a sabre and whipping it around.

@PsychoWarper

Several of the serfs bring you a towel that could've very easily passed for a blanket. You feel the bones and cartilage already reknitting itself underneath the skin of your nose.

"Were are sons of the Drake, first, and gallant, second. We speak little of ourselves beyond that."

Nobel stances, the whirl of his spear by sides akin to windmill in motion.

"Fair enough. En garde," Deimos says, and you can see that his posture has shifted ever so slightly. What this means you cannot ascertain yet however.

The rapid twirl of Nobel's spear halts to the call of combat, the comparatively mite size might of Hayreddin stanced before Deimos' titan tact and strength. Posture relaxed, Nobel's threat was immediately made loud from his silence as the spear's head aimed towards the Captain's chest.

Last edited:
The Captain simply jumps into the air several meters, landing to the left and launching a sideward swing.

"You seem to have all forgotten the capabilities of three dimensional fighting."

From soft stone to swift water, Nobel's quickly reacts and retorts by connecting his spear's side to the sword's mid-swing, gliding the blade's blow downward - Soon thrusting forth spear head first at his chest once more in an attempt reestablish the threat of his reach. Hayreddin arms begin to fall under slight strain from the sudden jolt in movement, his eyes snaking into a squint as he pressed on.

"It never slipped the mind, Captain. But I prefer to establish my territory before I go to take more."

Last edited:
The Captain sidesteps the blow, and uses the butt of his sword to strike Nobel, forcing him back. Accelerating to a previously unseen speed, he follows up with a series of faux strikes and kicks, clearly intending to wear down moreso than actually wound.

"A fair approach, but it is granting you very little as of yet."

Pressed back by the tide of blows, grunts flowing free from his helmet, the Gila Monster allows himself to succumb to gravity's grasp and falls back. Incapable of immediately defending Nobel presses into offensive options.

Relegating his spear to his left hand as he dropped, he quick handstands, the clatter of the spear's hilt sounding with its brief but intimate touch with the floor, and pushed back up against the ground to morph himself into a superhuman-sized torpedo. Propelling his feet forward and digging into the dense dirt of Deimos' skin in an tried effort to draw blood from the bedrock of his body - Pushing and pressing down for increased impact as he bounced back up.

Last edited:
@AkuAkuAkuma

The blow seems to do some legitimate damage, as the Captain audibly releases a strained puff of air. It may be the hammer hit from earlier, is the last thing you think before he grabs you by the ankle and smashes you to floor.

A visible indent of your body is made even on the reinforced metal plate. You can feel several bones crack.

Last edited:
Blood spews to the roof of Nobel's mouth. His teeth clenched tight refusing to relent, a calcium cage of incisors and and molars forming in his jaw to not let loose the sanguine prisoner of his blood. The ache of pain quilted his body tight, each cell of his back caressed with the sting of the impact.

In a dazed hurt, Hayreddin swings wide at Deimos' ankle with what lingers of the diminutive Astarte's strength on the ground.

Last edited:
The Captain easily moves his foot away from the weak swing.

"Get up. I won't have you end this match crawling."

[Not if he doesn't show it

I mean it's cheating but all's fair in love and war]

In staggered fashion Nobel takes stand, with his Captain's courtesy he draws close in seeming admission of defeat - the bomb of his ambition set - And soon explode as Nobel's arms boomed with spontaneous speed and diagonally struck close with his spear's edge at the captain's torso in convincing tact.

A bombastic move that saw Hayreddin's body call 'defeat' before his conscious did as he fell back onto the indented floor, bloody mist released from his mouth as laid on his back and spoke

"Game...my expertise will remain with...firearms for larger foes..." Too dizzied to take note if he had properly struck his superior.

The cut inflicted spurts blood at the exact same moment Nobel slams to the ground in defeat. The Captain seems to not have taken much precaution to avoid it, aside from minimizing the potential damage such a powerful thrust could inflict.

He seems to release an amused huff of air. He grabs the prone Marine, lifting him effortlessly to his shoulder, as the cage opens and leaving him to the care of several serfs that rush to them.

"That is enough for the day. We will have more than enough time to familiarize in these coming weeks. Training and drills will be our one job, until our true duty arrives. That is all."

The Captain takes his leave without much ceremony.

Aonghus actually decides to give his battle brother a fair share of well earned applause, before he decides to return to his quarters.

[Khorne Crimson 5 weeks have passed]

You are all currently located on the command deck of the Defiant Will overlooking a hazy black and green orb of radiation and death. 0-5-6-4-D Gamma greets you in a foreboding fashion, though from what you hear of the place this is nothing new.

"The time is upon us," the Captain says simply, clicking a rune on his Terminator plate.

"It seems so, indeed."

Aonghus holds his Thunder Hammer at the ready.

The Captain begins moving, his footsteps heavy. You already know his destination: the hangar bay of the ship.

You arrive with due haste to the hangar bay once more. The Corvus is awaiting you, as the Captain has to squeeze himself into it's bowels once more.

Back