• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwatch RP Thread 1

"The star gods already have my tongue, Astartes. That dickless coward may have cowered and wept inside, but I fear nothing. Do what you will."

"There is something up ahead. I have detected a psychic signature."

Uriel noted, trying to discern better what it was. His chapter's Librarians specialized in analysis and sense abilities after all.

Hayreddin steadies the explosive malice of his Proteus Launcher over his shoulder, the loudness of his steps lessening by the next second as he takes caution of the environment - Keeping weary eyes and ears as he moves forward inch by inch.

"... Well, we were sent here to investigate. I would be a fool to destroy our own evidence."

Aonghus hoists the man over his shoulder, than communicates to the rest of the ambassador team.

"I've located a lead on what is happening in this city. I'm in the main hall."

"Affirmative," Arminius replies from the room.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

The mind of a beast makes itself known to you as it's attempting to barrel through the wall. It's thoughts are of hunger, and animalistic carnage.

@Rest of the underhive gang

Something finally bursts through the old tunnels and connective roads, and as the rubble clears you are met face to face with a beast the size of a Thunderhawk. Four legged, it has reptilian skin, armored in segments of plating that one could be fooled into thinking was metal, for how thick and lustrous it was. It's head was a combination of dragon and raptor, and insidious slit pupils stare at you from deep green eyes of savagery.

The Captain shouts something over the vox, but even the helmet's selective noise filter is temporarily overwhelmed in the shockwave of noise that follows the creature opening it's mouth and roaring.

Nobel's launcher boom with the birth of an explosive payload towards the beast as he paces back to regroup with his squadron - Nobel's ears wet with the liquid red of his blood as the scream's verbal tide broke his eardrums with his proximity to its shout.

"Looks like something exciting has finally happened" Jaeger says as as he begins to move towards the beast in full guard and his bloodlust flaring.

At the moment of the creature's appearance, the Librarian would release lightning from his hands, aimed at the beast's heads.

The Captain himself draws his Heavy Bolters, firing into the thing.

Reactive explosive rounds impact the hide of the creature, though don't seem to damage it much beyond rudimentary wounds. The rocket exploded near it's torso, drawing a large gash, though only seeming to enrage it all the more, at which point it takes a swing at Jaeger with it's tail, throwing him clear through a wall.

Uriel is successful in casting the lighting, burning the creature's skin and making it's eyes pop, though even blinded it continues to thrash about, now relying on smell. It heads directly for Grimal next.

Uriel casts Might of Heroes, empowering himself and raising his speed, then charging forth with his Force Halberd, hoping to strike the creature's head once more, but not only in its face, but to cleave into its organs, break apart its skull.

Uriel halts the beast from charging into Grimal, though the Force weapon impact does not penetrate as deep inside as he hopes. The sheer strength of the enraged animal drags along even the enhanced Librarian.

The Captain does something with his hands, which the rest of you quickly understand is hand signing. He's ordering to target the joints, as he sheathes his twin blades to engage the beast.

As commanded, Grimal starts shooting at the knees of the giant beast to attempt to slow it's charge, while simulaneusly moving backwards.

Nobel fires another bombarding shot towards the scaled beast's face in tried attempt to liberate Uriel's blade from the jail of its jaw as his compatriots strike at its joints. Hayreddin's teeth clench, his facing chiseling to stone to bastion from the lingering pain of the beast's scream stabbing at his ears.

The round successfully reaches the creature's head and detonates, taking out most of it's jaw. It's limbs are harmed from the dual assault by Jaeger and Grimal, while the Captain simultaneously slashes it's other limbs. It shakes the Force Halberd lose before releasing one final shriek, collapsing to the ground.

"TARGET KILL," the Captain signs.

@Hallway group

Be'lisarius and Arminius also join the Apothecary.

"What exactly happened here Aonghus?" asks the Salamander.

"I heard them speaking something along the lines of 'godling ambassadors' and 'the great unifer'. Once approached them to ask what they spoke of, they initially tried to deceive me, but inevitably admitted their heresy. I believe they may have affiliation to the genestealer cult... Made much worse, as I believe they spoke of something happening in the festival itself. Now, as per what... I am open to ideas as to how to make them talk."

Victory's pick breaks though Nobel's stone façade, crumbling back into a more relaxed demeanor as he responds

"Affirmative! Cousin Librarian, if not too hassled, check for further signatures in the area before we advance."

Last edited:
@DMUA

"Torture? I am not specialized in it however," Arminius says.

@Underhive gang

The Captain signs for regrouping.

"It is dead."
The Imperial Fist comments, as he then goes back towards the captain and asks him:
"Captain, is it normal for this planet to have found beasts of this size ?"

"Interogation. It overlaps with torture, but, they can be exclusive. That said, we must not waste time."

He sets both of them down on the wall next to them.

"Hmm... Let's start simple. What were you promised by the star gods?"

Jaeger moves back over to the others, he remains quite as he looks down are the now dead creature before letting out a quick snort and turning his attention to the Captain.

@Overlord775

"Armored Ketapsian wyvern. Aye. These are a normal, if rare breed of animal on this world. Truly it does not cease to amaze how much this planet wants us dead," he pauses, and mag-locks his swords to his back again. "We continue moving deeper down. Squad Thanatos would not have been felled by this."

@DMUA

"What else aside from...salvation..." the man says, his eyes glazed.

"... I suppose that's fair. Asinine and foolish to believe something other than the emperor could manage it, but... I'll humor you. Just how would that salvation be achieved?"

"They will raise themselves from their eons long slumber, liberating this world from the soot and nuclear ash that clots our lungs, blinds our eyes even now."

"They already do. They are the skin walkers. They move among us, unseen yet unstopping in their purpose."

"... Ah. Thank you for your cooperation."

Aonghus turns to his fellow Marines.

"We need to stop the festival however we can. And, preferably, get these men in a cell."

@DMUA

The man suddenly begins bleeding from eyes, nose and ears. Before you can do anything, his cranial structure has been compromised, and he has exsanguinated.

"... Well, that's troubling, but, we need to respond. Someone find a good place to lock up the other one, grab your weapons, I'll go to discuss with our agents."

Aonghus quickly goes to his room to grab his Thunder Hammer and Bolt Pistol, before meeting the agents.

"We may have an emergency on our hands, that will require me to speak with the governor as soon as possible."

Before any of them can respond, they begin suffering the exact same effect as the man before.

Aonghus feels an unexplainable pressure within his head, like a dull scream reverberating through it, making blood vessels pop in the process.

@Underhive gang

You move further down into the reeking walls and collapsing superstructures, noticing the state of decay increasing.

"Grr..."

Aonghus grips his head, feeling the distant scream... Likely something from a Psyker... And obviously not a weak one.

Aonghus speaks through vox

"Are you feeling something in your head as well... This is far worse than I hoped. Our agents are dead, we need to get moving as fast as possible!"

"Negative, Brother Aonghus. Coming in to investigate, over," Arminius replies, clipped. Even the sound seems to be distorted now.

Through the strained lenses of your helm however, you notice something just beyond visual range. A figure.

... Just what is lying in wait in this world?

"Emperor... I am going to need more strength than I thought."

Aonghus tries to make out the figure, standing strong and waiting for his brothers.

@Undehive gang

"Never uncalled for to check."

@The_Divine_Phoenix

"Librarian, we require a thorough checking of the area."

@DMUA

The figure becomes more distinguished as it moves closer into view, though the pain only seems to get worse. You're starting to see red.

Back