• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwatch RP Thread 1

"So you are here," a voice calls from somewhere on the left side.

Soon you see a figure emerge from one of the entrances. Tall, but lithe by comparison to an average Marine, the body wears no clothing besides a simple, brown gladiator-style tunic and sandals. Skin the color of alabaster greets you, with exception of the face, covered still by a cast iron faceplate. Two different eyes stare forth from the open eye sockets of the plate, one rich brown and lively, the other deep yellow, glowing, yet cold and lifeless.

"These practice cages have not been used for some time. Though I look forward to testing your skills on their virgin structures," he says, the Captain's voice becoming distinguished for you even without the telltale boost of Terminator armor.

"... I will be honest, the use of 'Virgin' to describe a structure seems questionable to me, but we are not here for the use of articulate language, are we? Does anyone have objections to me challenging him first?"

Jaeger stays back and grabs a sword before saying "Ye can go" in an agitated tone.

"Can't believe this fookin ship don't have any Alcohol" I think to myself as I stand back.

"As said by our cousins." A power-spear esque armament clutched in the superhuman cage of Hayreddin's grip, jailed to act as his weapon in wait as duel was to commence between the Captain and the Templar.

@DMUA

The serfs remove your armor with as much grace as they can, sometimes several of them having to grab on to a particularly heavy piece. They leave you in your skintight bodyglove.

"Rules are simple," Deimos says, grabbing onto a gladius. "No maiming or killing. Duel ends at first blood."

He finishes as the practice cage locks around you, leaving you both isolated from the rest of the chamber.

"En garde."

"Very well."

Aonghus takes his weapon in both hands, and prepares for how they engage.

@DMUA

The Captain assumes a fighting stance. Despite it, he seems relaxed. Muscles are not wound tight. Chemicals in the air tell you nothing, even the telltale sound of a quickening heartbeat does not grace your ears. Then like a viper, he coils, before striking. The blow lands against your hammer with the speed of a bullet and the strength of a freight train.

And yet, he looks to be holding back as he awaits your next move.

Last edited:
The blow is surely formidable, but, Aonghus holds his ground, keeping a strong enough footing that he can react to the blow with a counter, bashing the captain with the other side of his weapon.

Uriel observes the fights carefully. Being a Librarian, it seems he has little intent to participate himself, but this could give an insight as to the capabilities of his team.

Deimos is hit, being thrown back but coming to a grinding halt quickly. On second inspection however, he seems to have purposefuly received the hit, angling his abdomen to take the brunt of the force.

"Picking what you know is smart. But there will be circumstances where that is not an option. And a slightly cracked ribcage does not make first blood," he says with a hint of amusement. "That was a measured response, representative of your first and last lucky shot in a battle field. But if you want to draw blood with THAT, you'll have to aim for vulnerable areas. Now once more, en garde."

Last edited:
"Vunerable areas... Very well, I suppose we should end it thus, then."

Aonghus holds still, waiting for his engagement to hit him in the nose. A clean hit and it should break, drawing blood and sending the match. He should be more than capable of handling the damage to the head that will result from the placement of such a strike.

The Captain bursts into a sprint again, but before you have a chance to hit he launches himself into the air, letting artificial gravity carry him towards a downwards thrust aimed at your head.

With such an unexpected maneuver, Aonghus swiftly tries to move to the side, letting their weapon hit the ground where they were, before he tries to retaliate with a quick strike to the nose.

Instead of landing into the cold steel of the floor weapon first, Deimos pivots, landing on one hand, using it to push himself into the air once more to avoid the hammer strike. He lands feet first right next to Aonghus, who is still reeling back from his hammer strike.

An upward thrust at inhuman speed slashes his cheek, as he briefly sees his reflection on a gliding piece of metal sliding in front of his face.

"First blood," the Captain says with finality.

"... Ah, well."

His defeat was clear to see, so, he simply walks out of the cage and hangs up his weapon, gesturing to allow someone else to take their shot.

"... Is that so? Battle always feels much longer than it really is."

After the match had ended Jaeger was quite impressed with both combatants and found the whole thing quite exciting.

I turn to face the Iron Fist before nodding my head, I stand quite interested to see what the Son of Dorn can do.

"Alright, then serfs remove my power armor."

The Imperial Fist states as he steps foward and waits for them to do so.

The serfs do so.

"I trust you won't mind if I change my weapon?" Deimos says as he exchanges the gladius for a spear.

"I do not mind."
Grimal says as he then takes his choosen weapon, a pair of large gauntlets, and enters into the fighting arena/cage.

Last edited:
"I see you did not learn much from your blood brother before you. It'll be hard to get me to bleed with those. Coupled with your inferior speed...hmm. En garde."

Aonghus visibly cringes at how lopsided this match is just via virtue of arsenal, but doesn't say anything. It would be better for an example to provide the lesson.

The Imperial Fist puts his guantlets in front of himself in a defensive stance, as he waits for the captain to strike.

Last edited:
The Captain launches so fast the momentum carries him even as he changes to skidding across the floor on his back, getting halfway underneath Grimal's legs before thrusting at an upward angle with his spear, lodging itsels deeply into the Fist's right forearm.

In a blink the Captain let's go, sliding several meters still before jumping to his feet.

"I said I would not tolerate weakness. This is why," he said, eyes glancing at the blow. "If I show you mercy, our enemies will have none. Your rigid attitude and disposition will be of no use if you are being turned into a pin cushion. You must strike first, hard and fast."

"Get cleaned up. I trust you can walk that off," he finishes as the cage opens.

The fortress has fallen, the hit was just too fast to properly defend against.
Grimal walks out of the cage in silence.

"... Indeed. A gauntlet against a spear is crippling one's self before the fight even begins. Though, this is a learning experience for all of us, ultimately."

In same sequence to the Blood Raven, Nobel makes himself perceptive to his superior's movements in combat - Though contrasting placing light to the shadows of his weakness, Hayreddin places keen eyes directly into his Captain's tactical brightness. Analyzing his strengths in an attempt counter or preferably avoid them as he clutched his spear to the side in continued wait.

In the moment of his strategizing, the silent signal of two raised fingers flare from his hand as he looks at the serf, mutely commanding them to strip the armor off him early. Pre-emptively preparing for his own match as the one between the Blackshield and the Space Wolf was to unfold before his eyes.

Last edited:
@The_Divine_Phoenix & @AkuAkuAkuma

Few weaknesses are present at all in Deimos' style, though from his performance before you can notice a several things of note: his right side, the one with an augmentic eye, seems slightly more sluggish. While his fight with the Imperial Fist lasted less, it was obvious that he handled the spear with less grace than the sword.

The serfs gather around Nobel, half a dozen of them pushing and pulling as the armor is stripped off, leaving him in his body glove.

@PsychoWarper

"You are next then, son of Fenris?" the Captain says as he exchanges the spear for a two-headed axe.

Last edited:
Seeing the Captain exchange his weapon again he walks back to the weapon rack before grabbing another Blade for his left hand though this blade noticeably shorter than the first being more akin to a Short Sword before he steps back before before the Captain and saying “Aye” in a serious but excited tone as he awaits the Serf to remove his armor.

The Librarian watches intently, wishing to observe the next round in detail. He now turns his attention to the captain's own movements in combat, trying to get an idea of what his first move is likely to be.

"I used to know one of Fenris too, a long time ago. One of your Wolf Priests. For over 50 years we shed blood together, before he was cut down ramming a bomb into the gullet of a daemonic beast the size of a Land Raider. I trust you'll not disappoint my memory of him."

The serfs remove Jaeger's battle plate, and soon the cage closes around them.

Back