• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwatch RP Thread 1

The maglev travels through the bleak city scape, passing yet more indistinct, somewhat disfigured gunmetal gray architecture, which whizzes bay at the trains ludicrous speed.

It eventually arrives at a grand procession station that is intertwined with what looks to be a grand hallway into a gargantuan structure. Shielded from the elements, an ebony flower motif is observed upon the walls, floors and ceiling, alongside various other statues depicting Imperial saints and heroes.

An entourage is waiting to greet you outside the train, with a perversely decorated man at the forefront. Though even through the thick coat of honors and medals he has bestowed upon himself, he still has the same grafted mask and thick weather-retardant clothing.

Nobel gifts the meager present of a light bow to the man, his eyes briefly laying on the light treasures of his medals as the Astartes looked downward.

"With the respects and honors of Ordo Xenos."

"Ah my lords," the man bows, followed by the rest of his armed guard.

"Spare the pleasantries Chief Overseer. I trust you will guide the members of my squad necessary for the processions fairly?"

"Of course."

"Then I have other jobs to attend to," he says simply as he turns away from the man. "Uriel, Jaeger, Nobel, Grimal," the Captain voxes. "With me."

"Indeed."

The static cloak of the vox commences to hide Nobel's speech.

"Keep weary of any more of these sudden 'suggestions' and detours, lets keep the lost to five reported on this planet."

@Ambassador group

The entourage takes you underneath a set of great stairs into a veritable gigantic apartment complex no less elegantly decorated than the hall. You are shown to your chambers, which are lavishly decorated for the planet, yet you probably do not care for.

@Investigation group

The elevator descends down, and down, and down. It's pathway seems endless at times, yet the sensation of motion is not entirely lost at the very least.

All material trinkets are equally as insignificant before the Emperor, and all.

... Speaking of, Aonghus takes his time to pray, and rest before the diplomacy begins.

To pass time, Grimal attepts to mentally calculate how long it will take for the elevator with it's current speed to travel from the top to near the bottom of the hive ciy.

Nobel keeps cautious, an increasingly tightening grip executed on the victim of his bolt pistol's handle as they descended deep into the city's intestines from the surface's concrete skin.

Last edited:
The elevator at last stops, it's doors opening to a massive blast shield that unfolds itself revealing an even bleaker picture than all you have seen before.

Whereas the upper levels of the hive suffered from only the terrible effects of the weather, rot is omnipresent here. Neglect of the ages, thousands of years of acidic compounds running through the base of the spire, the weight of billions of tons of flesh and metal crushing down on the foundations of a civilization lost to the ages.

"Welcome to the Underhive," the Captain voxes as he continues forward.

"... Some much rot."
Grimal comments as he exists from the elevator.
Such decadence, it's look almost as if there's was a Nurgle Deamon here ...

Noble loosens the strangle on his pistol's grip with his sight set on the environment's filth manifest. His visor awash with the reflections of dulled browns and greens that clung to every crease to corner of the area - An inquisitive brew of intrigue and disgust mixing about his thoughts as his telescopic eyes picked apart the sickly scenery.

"As if the world itself grew too sick to remain composed."

Last edited:
"Keep your eyes peeled. The natives here shouldn't be a threat, but this is where Squad Thanatos disappeared," the Captain says, moving forwards. "We will scout this region, and then move on to the next. We will put the entire hive to the torch should we see it fit."

@Ambasadorial group

Your enhanced hearing pick up something in the hallways. Voices, human, though at the same time, something in the back of your head goes off. A switch is flipped almost, as you realize this could be important.

Just as he finishes his prayer, too...

Aonghus carefully opens the door, trying to get a peak at the source of the conversing, and a better idea of it's topic.

Nobel's voice relaxed as he spoke "Affirmative." His intensity's mental shell peeling back to reveal the meat of his tranquility as he entered into the under hive's architectural foray - His element found in the vile openness of active duty from the political constraints of bureaucracy, and conversation.

Hayrettin paces slightly ahead of his squadron, bolt pistol in left and launcher in right and over shoulder, undertaking the role of an explosive scout - Auditorily and visually scoping the area for anything of interest.

Last edited:
@ Ambassadorial group

Through the whispers you hear word of something big happening in the grand festival today, involving the "godling ambassadors" and "the great unifier". Even to your enhanced senses however, the rest of the talk sounds much like gibberish, switching between the local dialect of Gothic and something which you cannot pin down.

@ Underhive gang

Something stirs in one of the walls. The Captain stops.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Uriel picks up the psychic signature of...something.

... that does not bode well.

Carrying his weapons would likely draw unwanted attention, so Aonghus slowly approaches, unarmed.

You see two robbed men speaking with one another now, their outfits hiding much of their features. Chemically rich stinks bloom forth from their being, though your nose hardly notices it by this point. Everything reeks on this planet.

They stop conversing as they see you approach.

"I shall speak plainly, and if you attempt to deceive me, consequences will be dire. What were you speaking of?"

Jaeger begins to slowly make his way towards where the movement came from while staying alert of his surroundings with his axe and blade drawn.

"M-m-my lord," one of the robed stutters. "I am sorry for having disturbed your activities."

"Well my lord we were merely talking about your great presence gracing us at the festival today," the man says. By his heartbeat you can tell he is a bad liar.

@Underhive group

Something begins tunneling the wall. The Captain snaps to full alertness.

"My auspex is picking up something huge from beyond there."

Aonghus flicks the man's shoulder, thoroughly shattering it, before grabbing the other man who was with him.

"I do not say something such as 'consequences will be dire' lightly. My next response will be to take your life. What were you speaking of?"

Back