• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Star Possible Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably shouldn't quote my entire wall of text there. But do note that I've previously said that the current rating are staying as is. Since the profiles are taking the expanded stuff into account. Just that I don't think a film only key is bad.

ByAsura said:
@Idazmi You argued it with anti-feats and your own opinions of canon. That's ridiculous.

In canon, actual crafts have falled from orbit undamaged. Star Destroyers being that weak is heavily contradicted by the sheer durability of other spacecrafts. In A New Hope, for example, an unshielded escape pod easily survives a fall from orbit with no damage. In The Force Awakens, Finn's already disabled TIE Fighter is largely undamaged by an orbital fall and blasters. This doesn't even account for the strength of deflectors, and it's already into the Large Building level range.
I never implied less than that.

Also.

Rebels has given Tier 8 feats to shit-tier Jedi Apprentices and The Clone Wars has the ************* Ones of Mortis.

So lul those series not going "Beyond the level of the movies", which itself is a highly dubious position.

Yes you did. You specifically said "even at maximum power and close range they rarely put more than a 30 foot hole in their targets." This is also wrong because things like Star Cruisers are usually around a kilometer long.

Qawsedf234 said:
Probably shouldn't quote my entire wall of text there. But do note that I've previously said that the current rating are staying as is. Since the profiles are taking the expanded stuff into account. Just that I don't think a film only key is bad.
I don't see how the current profiles can stay the same when there's currently no key dividers at all. As far as I can tell, this website has only considered all Star Wars media to be a unified whole, and, as I have shown, it simply isn't.

ByAsura said:
Yes you did. You specifically said "even at maximum power and close range they rarely put more than a 30 foot hole in their targets."
How is putting a 30 foot hole in durasteel armor NOT a Large Building level feat???

ByAsura said:
This is also wrong because things like Star Cruisers are usually around a kilometer long.
And I am aware of this. Do you know how many turbolasers these ships fire per second? Easily enough to destroy a ship that big in a timely fashion!

All of the character profiles have dividers. If the ship profiles also don't have dividers and use Legends feats then it should indeed be addressed.

I thought you meant like ground targets, because every single one of your compilation videos shows these tiny pitily blasts barely destroying anything on a ship. Also, like I said, even that's wrong because Star Cruisers are around a kilometer in length.

Can you stop being so condescending about that. It literally became Multi-Continent level, and I was right anyway.

So are we going to make a "movies only" key? The only thing relevant for movies iirc are

Fighters being able to cross millions of kilometers in minutes.

Star destroyers traversing from behind Endors moon to behind the Rebel fleet in at most minutes.

Slave I blasting apart asteroids and its mine fragmenting a kilometers sized one.

Star destroyers tanking asteroids and vaporizung them.

That's all I can think of atm, I'm not ntirely against a movie only key since Idazmi does have a point with movies implying lower yields. Empire for example Captain Piett stated they shouldn't risk chasing the falcon thru the asteroid field, implying the field would destroy the fleet. Petaton shields wouldn't have a problem with that.

ByAsura said:
I thought you meant like ground targets, because every single one of your compilation videos shows these tiny pitily blasts barely destroying everything.
Those turbolaser blasts (not the fighters' blasters) are easily ~40 feet: it only looks small thanks to the sheer size of the ships. They do less damage with distance, but within a kilometer range they are putting 40 foot holes in that armor. Also, that's all from Lucasfilm's version of Star Wars: I didn't make those videos.

ByAsura said:
That's all I can think of atm, I'm not ntirely against a movie only key since Idazmi does have a point with movies implying lower yields. Empire for example Captain Piett stated they shouldn't risk chasing the falcon thru the asteroid field, implying the field would destroy the fleet. Petaton shields wouldn't have a problem with that.
Exactly my point. Thank you.

Enterprise NCC-1701-E said:
He must be trolling now and he is a hypocrite of wanting to upgrade star treks power numbers but not star wars.
What? That doesn't make him anything. Wanting to upgrade Star Trek and disagreeing with how Star Wars are two entirely different things. Disagreeinv with how things are currently handled are how things get done.

Or should we just close this thread because ByAsura is just high balling the Death Star by not using the original footage? Or any CRT that disagrees with how the current profiles operate?

@Qawsedf Everyone has already agreed that using the revised footage is fine. We've already argued this. What's being argued now is if the Death Star has deflectors or some sort of protection.

@Idazmi You said 30 feet. Most of those fighters are far less than 30 feet. I you posted them, not created. Also, in A New Hope, they have to close the Death Star's magnetic field for the Falcon to actually go through it.

that footage is not well made at all. the enterprise d was large planet level and now it is moon level. Idamzi is low baling star wars that is the hypocrite and not taking other well-esablihsed cannon into reasonable consideration

ByAsura said:
@Qawsedf Everyone has already agreed that using the revised footage is fine. We've already argued this. What's being argued now is if the Death Star has deflectors or some sort of protection.
It has protection. The issue is the current profile of the DS1 having Dwarf-Star Level deflector shields. X-wings wouldn't get through that in a million years.

Didn't Luke's X wing actually vaporize a thru the hull of the death star? I recall him blasting the surface and the blast breaching into corridors where stormtroopers were affected.

This has already been covered. Both Soldier Blue and I eventually agreed with you that it should not be Dwarf Star level, so I said something like Multi-Continent level, and it got far out of hand.

ByAsura said:
@Qawsedf Everyone has already agreed that using the revised footage is fine. We've already argued this.
Oh I understand that its been accepted and all. I was trying to explain how @Enterprise's statement was flawed in my view. Its not trolling or hypocritical to disagree with how a verse is handled.

As for all of this the result should only scale to the Death Stars, Starkiller Base, and maybe the Eclipse Cannon imo.

ByAsura said:
@Idazmi You said 30 feet. Most of those fighters are far less than 30 feet. I you posted them, not created.
Well then, stop arguing with me and take the yields up with Lucasfilm.

ByAsura said:
Also, in A New Hope, they have to close the Death Star's magnetic field for the Falcon to actually go through it.
The X-wings flew through the magnetic field - it's actually said right in the film. And even if they didn't, that doesn't make it Dwarf Star Level.

Even pulverizing, let alone vaporizing, a C-Type asteroid with a similar size to a Star Destroyer's bridge (which many of them were) gets a yield higher than 20 kilotons.

It's also said in the film that its outer defenses aren't designed for small ships, and at the same time there was a schematic of the outer defenses, including the field. The Empire also have to lower the field for the Falcon.

My god, did you actually listen here or to the million other times I said it? For the last time, I agree the shields aren't Dwarf Star level. Also, it's heavily implied that Star Destroyers do bombard planets outside the comics, or at least section with rebels which would require destroying heavily reinforced bases. "Com Scan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the Hoth System. The field is strong enough to deflect any bombardment." For context, the guy was saying this to Darth Vader while they were hunting for Rebels with a Star Destroyer fleet.

I don't see how he's trolling here. But this has got pretty off topic. To my knowledge every mod agrees with the upgrade, so apply it if you haven't already.

Only one guy is asking for it and it's not worth it.

I think its not worthless. Even if it was that doesn't mean they can't have a film only key.

Agree with Matt, the only universal distinctions that was needed for any profile would be Disney Canon, and Legends. Movies only would just be weird if things such as Clone Wars and Rebels are also canon to Disney. And more recent comics and some recent games are also canon to Disney.

ByAsura said:
Even pulverizing, let alone vaporizing, a C-Type asteroid with a similar size to a Star Destroyer's bridge (which many of them were) gets a yield higher than 20 kilotons. It's also said in the film that its outer defenses aren't designed for small ships, and at the same time there was a schematic of the outer defenses, including the field. The Empire also have to lower the field for the Falcon.
The X-Wings flew righ through the magnetic field.

ByAsura said:
My god, did you actually listen here or to the million other times I said it? For the last time, I agree the shields aren't Dwarf Star level.
Okay.

ByAsura said:
Also, it's heavily that Star Destroyers do bombard planets outside the comics, or at least section with rebels which would require destroying heavily reinforced bases. "Com Scan has detected an energy field protecting an area of the sixth planet of the Hoth System. The field is strong enough to deflect any bombardment." For context, the guy was saying this to Darth Vader while they were hunting for Rebels with a Star Destroyer fleet.
Nothing in this supports your original assertion of the Rebel Fleet destroying the DS1 with turbolasers. That's what we are debating.

Qawsedf234 said:
I don't see how he's trolling here. But this has got pretty off topic. To my knowledge every mod agrees with the upgrade, so apply it if you haven't already.
And I did NOT contest the Death Star's firepower. Only the weird idea that the Rebels could just blast away it's superstructure, which is a plainly ludicrous assertion.

I think its not worthless. Even if it was that doesn't mean they can't have a film only key.

These guys want to ban me, merely because I pointed out the differences between Lucasfilm content and the comics.

You've just repeated your argument with no regard for anything that debunks you.

It really does. Also, as I've said before, the entire Rebel fleet possesses greater firepower than its superlaser. Anyway, if you agree that the Death Star's field gives some sort of protection, I'd be fine with just saying "Higher with..." instead of a specific value.

Also, I don't want you banned. I specifically said I didn't. It's just Enterprise who does.

they are both cannon can you. and No you are being a internet trool while having an youtube channel debunking internet trolls manipulating and warping the so called facts

I said it wouldn't obliterate the fleet before a stray bolt hit it, something which is only supported by the movies. Also, it's Asura (meant to be Azura).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back