• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Star Possible Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByAsura said:
You've just repeated your argument with no regard for anything that debunks you.
I haven't been debunked yet. You've yet to give me a reason to believe the Rebels, as a fleet, could obliterate the DS1 Superstructure, which was your claim.

ByAsura said:
I said it wouldn't obliterate the fleet before a stray bolt hit it, something which is only supported by the movies. Also, it's Asura (meant to be Azura).
So what? a stray turbolaser wouldn't do meaningful damage to a moon-sized station.

ByAsura said:
It really does. Also, as I've said before, the entire Rebel fleet possesses greater firepower than its superlaser. Anyway, if you agree that the Death Star's field gives some sort of protection, I'd be fine with just saying "Higher with..." instead of a specific value.
General Dodonna was referring to the Imperial Starfleet: not the Rebel forces.

I was talking just about the magnetic field offering defense, which you agreed it does. In The Empire Strikes Back, the shield on Hoth prevented Darth Vader from landing or Star Destroyers from blowing the Rebels up, but not small fighters, so there are shields like that.

No he wasn't. They were literally in a meeting with the Rebels, he would have said imperial starfleet. The term has been used for both.

ByAsura said:
I was talking just about the magnetic field offering defense, which you agreed it does.
No I didn't. Link the comment where I said it provides defense: the X-Wings literally fly right through it and YOU agreed that it doesn't provide defense in this comment here.

ByAsura said:
No he wasn't. They were literally in a meeting with the Rebels, he would have said imperial starfleet.
No, he would not have, because the only starfleet referenced in the film id the Empire's. "Dangerous to your Starfleet, commander. Not to this Battlestation."

Enterprise NCC-1701-E said:
Ant please ban him we should remove form the knowledge star trek board for his behavior. Please start to talk agian everyone believes you Idzami
Either stick on topic or stop commenting. At this point you're just harassing Idzami for disagreeing.

Either stick on topic or stop commenting. At this point you're just harassing Idzami for disagreeing.

He also did that under his previous username, "Supreme-Emperor-Over".

Okey but he is being not agreeable and I am not harassing him more than any other. So is everyone else at this point if you can not be here just go away at least i am trying. I will no longer call for his banning but he needs better behavior or I will

But you aren't trying. You're just spamming multiple messages calling him a troll and asking for an unwarranted ban. Just keep it on topic and stop throwing out insults. Applies to both you and @Idzami.

Actually, this was a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the field. That was very early into the thread and I haven't had that opinion for quite a while because there's evidence that contradicts it. The Millennium doesn't go through it and they say its outer defenses not designed for small fighters, specifically showing the magnetic field as well as the turbolasers. But I guess one instance trumps two, even if it was somewhat of a bumpy ride.

They say starfleet because it's on their side. If the Rebels were referring to the Empire's fleet, they would have called it the Imperial Starfleet, like Luke does "Well, I'll be at the Academy next season... after that who knows. I won't be drafted into the Imperial Starfleet that's for sure... Take care of yourself, you'll always be the best friend I've got."

Qawsedf234 has specially requested Izdami and I to stop trolling and you are not doing any better than I am man so stop the crap and get on point or leave Thank Qawsedf234 for the advice

ByAsura said:
Actually, this was a misunderstanding. I thought you were referring to the field. That was very early into the thread and I haven't head that opinion for quite a while because there's evidence that contradicts it. The Millennium doesn't go through it and they say its outer defenses not designed for small fighters, specifically showing the magnetic field as well as the turbolasers. But I guess one instance trumps two.
Care to explain how the X-Wings casually went through a barrier that can stop star ships, then? Oh, and the magnetic field that kept out the Falcon was protecting the opening of the docking bay, not the whole station:

Hangarbay327.png

The Death Star's exterior magnetic field didn't to jack to stop X-wings from casually flying through it:

The Battle of Yavin - Star Wars Original 1977 Version (Part 1)
The Battle of Yavin - Star Wars Original 1977 Version (Part 1)

That's two different magnetic fields.

ByAsura said:
They say starfleet because it's on their side. If the Rebels were referring to the Empire's fleet, they would have called it the Imperial Starfleet, like Luke does "Well, I'll be at the Academy next season... after that who knows. I won't be drafted into the Imperial Starfleet that's for sure... Take care of yourself, you'll always be the best friend I've got."
Again, the only starfleet referenced in the Entire original Star Wars script is the Empire's. Everything from Luke's comments, to Han's comments, to the Empire's officers, to General Dodanna was referring to the Imperial Fleet.

I'm getting really tired of this. Fine, I conceed that the outer defense and the cargo bay magnetic field might be different, but they literally explain why fighters go right through it in the movie, and even then there's some turbulance.

No, you've just cherry-picked one instance of someone calling the Empire Fleet a "starfleet" to make that assumption. Luke, someone who isn't affiliated with the Empire, calls it the Imperial Starfleet, and that's what any rebel would call it. Also, this term is completely replaced by just the word fleet in all movies, where they call it rebel or imperial.

ByAsura what should we do close this thread becase he is not contributing to the discussion. Nither could I say that myself 20 minutes ago. I was not being helpful then.

ByAsura said:
I'm getting really tired of this. Fine, I conceed that the outer defense and the cargo bay magnetic field might be different, but they literally explain why fighters go right through it in the movie, and even then there's some turbulance.
That explanation ("The Empire doesn't consider a small, one-man fighter to be any threat, or they'd have a tighter defense.") was talking about the turbolasers, which we see the X-wings evading. This is also noted by the Imperial Officer who spoke to Vader ("We count 30 rebel ships, Lord Vader, but they're so small, they're evading our turbolasers.") The turbolasers are the defenses being referred to.

ByAsura said:
No, you've just cherry-picked one instance of someone calling the Empire Fleet a "starfleet" to make that assumption. Luke, someone who isn't affiliated with the Empire, calls it the Imperial Starfleet, and that's what any rebel would call it. Also, this term is completely replaced by just the word fleet in all movies, where they call it rebel or imperial.
"Dangerous to your starfleet, Commander, not to this battle station."

"The entire starfleet couldn't destroy the whole planet. It would take 1,000 ships with more firepower than-"

"The battle station is heavily shielded and carries a firepower greater than half the starfleet."

From https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/movie_script.php?movie=star-wars-episode-iv-a-new-hope

All are referencing the Empire. That, and "heavily shielded" doesn't specifically mean "has a giant energy shield around the whole superstructure", since that problem was unique to the second Death Star...

Meeting-plan before the battle of Endor
Meeting-plan before the battle of Endor.mpg-0

...and that shield blocked fighters. Just like the shield on Scarif:

(Re-Upload) Rogue One A Star Wars Story - Space & Aerial Battle of Scarif Supercut HD-0
(Re-Upload) Rogue One A Star Wars Story - Space & Aerial Battle of Scarif Supercut HD-0

We can go around in circles on this forever, but the Death Star 1's magnetic field is clearly not the same as a proper planetary shield, nor even comparable.

a Excellent planetary shield can withstand many large capital ships and battlestation for days or even weeks at a time they are incredibly difaclt to destroy when used right. Crealy the death stars electromagnetic field is not designed to stop starfighters.

Enterprise NCC-1701-E said:
I am also subscribed to your Youtube channel under the name Supreme Infinity Imperial Endgame.
I don't have a Youtube channel. It is probably yet another troll that has an unhealthy obsession with me.

Matthew Schroeder said:
EU is part of the universe, that has always been the case and trying to change everything out of nowhere to downplay Star Wars is silly.
Agreed.

@Idazmi

I would appreciate if you please drop this subject and stop being argumentative.

Agreed.

@Idazmi

I would appreciate if you please drop this subject and stop being argumentative.

"There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There's my world, which is the movies, and there's this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe—the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don't intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, (but) they do intrude in between the movies. I don't get too involved in the parallel universe. (...) I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world." - George Lucas

The "licensing world of the books, games and comic books" is the EU.

All I'm asking is for there to be separate keys for Star Wars ships: it's very obvious that the feats differ between Lucasfilm's actual output (The movies, The Clone Wars, and Rebels) and the comics.

Okay. Thank you for the clarification. It does not seem necessary though.

Antvasima said:
Okay. Thank you for the clarification. It does not seem necessary though.
I mean, there's an awfully huge difference between this:

Thrawn Orders An Orbital Bombardment On Chopper Base - Star Wars Rebels Zero Hour
Thrawn Orders An Orbital Bombardment On Chopper Base - Star Wars Rebels Zero Hour

Bombardment of Chopper Base

And this:

OrbitalCannons1
Bombardment of Mon-Cala

Those are the same class of ship: Imperial Star Destroyer 1's. I personally think that's easily more than enough to justify a key divider.

I think that the currently features two main official canons are enough. It would be an unnecessary considerable effort to add anything more.

Let's wait for Matt to be the judge of that, but I don't think it's necessary to distinct every scene. Most of the smaller scale explosions are often based on animator/editor limitations.

Antvasima said:
I think that the currently features two main official canons are enough. It would be an unnecessary considerable effort to add anything more.
Same.

Ever also showed me proof that debunks the whole "EU was never canon" nonsense.

Idazmi has a youtube chanel not you sorry Anbt. He treats the lowest star wars power levels and the highest star trek power levels as complete god cannon with zero debunked required. Also you called him an internet trol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back