• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Manip CRT: No, killing people by itself isn't death manip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope you realize that a private discussion with a non-staff doesn't in itself resolve a revision.
And I do hope you realise that I never claimed this at all. Stop being dismissive with me, you are being like that for weeks.

And I do hope you realise that I never claimed this at all. Stop being dismissive with me, you are being like that for weeks.
Well Planck is kind of right to be fair, but it's not wise to start an argument over nothing here... The majority thinks that the other one is better which is fine.

Dread, you misunderstood him, he just said that regardless bob's points are valid and has been almost agreed upon, the draft still needs to be reviewed properly by staff as it concerns major changes, I also saw what plancks said but honestly it doesn't look like anything directed towards anyone but just what a staff member should be saying usually in these kinds of situations and infact after his proposal got accepted by majority he insisted on taking further advise by more staff members and specifically by you and Bob among regular user, it seems rather him respecting your opinions than anything else.

He has been doing it in multiple threads, I am aware of what I am saying and I did not really misunderstood the message.

Anyway, can we apply? Most of people and staff member agreed on Planck's draft.

I also think that Planck69's suggested text seems fine to apply. Would any of our administrators here be willing to handle it please?

forgive me as this is a staff thread but, if for example. Character A barks and suddenly Character B's face and internal organs inside its head was blown off with the exception of the body which was left unharmed. would that considered deah manipulation or vibration manipulation according to altered standards for death manipulation?

forgive me as this is a staff thread but, if for example. Character A barks and suddenly Character B's face and internal organs inside its head was blown off with the exception of the body which was left unharmed. would that considered deah manipulation or vibration manipulation according to altered standards for death manipulation?
This is just vibration manipulation at best. Heck, it just might be an attack potency and control feat, depending on context.

Anyway, is the new text good to go?

Planck, I do not object to your draft. However, I am uncertain about the exact issue with my draft, even though both drafts share similarities. Therefore, I was anticipating feedback to improve my draft.

Nonetheless, it is acceptable for me. You may proceed to apply your draft.

Planck, I do not object to your draft. However, I am uncertain about the exact issue with my draft, even though both drafts share similarities. Therefore, I was anticipating feedback to improve my draft.

Nonetheless, it is acceptable for me. You may proceed to apply your draft.
It's mostly just a matter of conciseness than any overt issues. The ability doesn't need to be too complicated or long in explanation, it just needs to cover the core idea of the power and its qualifier well.

It's mostly just a matter of conciseness than any overt issues. The ability doesn't need to be too complicated or long in explanation, it just needs to cover the core idea of the power and its qualifier well.
It is fine, then. I will take the feedback to heart. A bit of improvement is needed, I am nowhere perfect. I appriciate it! :3

We should probably just rewrite it to fit what seems to be agreed upon in this thread. Here's my draft of it, you can edit it to fit better.
To suggest a really just very minor change to this draft: I think it should say that it can possibly affect abstract forces and concepts. Just so that people don't misunderstand that to be the default assumption.
So:
Death Manipulation is the ability to directly induce death in beings, objects or even concepts via supernatural means. This can manifest as the inexplicable death of an individual, the direct cessation of biological functions, dispersal of life force and more, being able to affect anything from plant and animal life to possibly even abstract forces and concepts.

It is important to note that just causing death via other abilities or indirect means (such as soul destruction, physical damage, deconstruction etc.) in itself does not qualify for Death Manipulation unless it is specified or portrayed to be a direct inducement of death in its targets with these being aftereffects of that.

I can think of an example, like Void from sonic shuffle being able to kill natural zone with his aura.
leaving the trees dead, technically it would count as death manipulation for being able to kill them through, well, taking their lives or similar methods (another example is the lich from adventure time, who with just his breathing can kill and turn people into dust)
so i think the idea of death manipulation could be something about killing someone with supernatural ways(like killing with aura getting out of life force,causing them to have bleed and then collapse,and death,or simplie making them become dust without touching them),and not killing someone like,destroying it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back