• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death (Discworld) speed upgrade (and Azrael power addition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
Death is actually Infinit speed. It was because of the "can moving without time".

Since Time is a 18-D entity, move without her shouldn't be Immeasurable?

Also this quote from Equal Rites should be good for immeasurable feat:

"The living often don't appreciate how complicated the world looks when you are dead, because while death frees the mind from the straitjacket of three dimensions it also cuts it away from Time, which is only another dimension. So while the cat that rubbed up against his invisible legs was undoubtedly the same cat that he had seen a few minutes before, it was also quite clearly a tiny kitten and a fat, half-blind old moggy and every stage in between. All at once. Since it had started off small it looked like a white, cat-shaped carrot, a description that will have to do until people invent proper four-dimensional adjectives."

Also Azrael should have all of Death powers, since Death is just a aspect of him.

That's an interesting find, I don't even remember that. Still.

I'm not sure that is enough to give Immeasurable, since Death explicitly in that quote only goes above the dimension of time, not the person.

I'm in disagreement. Sorry.

It still had the feat of moving when Time (the person) was sealed in the clock during the event of Thief of Time (which is already on his profile).

Also, be above the dimension of time isn't already Immeasurable?

Yes, because it moves despite time being stopped. It transcends time the dimension, not the person. Death can move explicitly while time stands still.

That said, he seems to be able to perceive the past and the future, meaning he would have Immeasurable reactions, as he can move beyond linear concepts of time (I think, always been shady on this higher-dimensional stuff).

But I believe this only qualifies as Infinite, as he can move when time is standing still.

Azrael hasn't only few apparence? Except the powers of others Death, his time manipulation, the fact that Discworld exist because he and the other Great Old Ones believes in it, and having his word really big, I don't remember many powers.

The only time I remember explicitly running into Azrael was in Eric, when Astfgl (I think that was his name) moved to the end of the universe.

Astfgl encounter the Death of Discworld, not Azrael.

But Azrael make an appareance in Reaper Man.

YuriAkuto said:
Azrael hasn't only few apparence? Except the powers of others Death, his time manipulation, the fact that Discworld exist because he and the other Great Old Ones believes in it, and having his word really big, I don't remember many powers.
I mean, he still has almost none on his profile and he should have all deaths in addition to abstract existence and conceptual manipulation and maybe some form of Regenerationn

Ah, you're right. Because Death outlasted the universe. I remember that point.

I do remember Reaper Man (it has been some time since I read the books, aside from Jingo or Going Postal).

But yeah, the point remains, Azrael just hasn't done much to justify hax.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
YuriAkuto said:
I mean, he still has almost none on his profile and he should have all deaths in addition to abstract existence and conceptual manipulation and maybe some form of Regenerationn
I think the same (except maybe for Regenerationn). He should also have BFR or sealing, because of banishing Dark Elder Gods and Things, and maybe dreams and physics manipulation, because of the Multiverse naturally do these manipulation.

Also I have found this possible 1-A feat:

"Reality is a curve.

That's not the problem. The problem is that there isn't as much as there should be. According to some of the more mystical texts in the stacks of the library of Unseen University—

—the Discworld's premier college of wizardry and big dinners, whose collection of books is so massive that it distorts Space and Time—

—at least nine-tenths of all the original reality ever created lies outside the multiverse, and since the multiverse by definition includes absolutely everything that is anything, this puts a bit of a strain on things.

Outside the boundaries of the universes lie the raw realities, the could-have-beens, the mightbes, the never-weres, the wild ideas, all being created and uncreated chaotically like elements in fermenting supernovas.

Just occasionally where the walls of the worlds have worn a bit thin, they can leak i.

And reality leaks out.

The effect is like one of those deep-sea geysers of hot water, around which strange submarine creatures find enough warmth and food to make a brief, tiny oasis of existence in an environment where there shouldn't be any existence at all.

The idea of Holy Wood leaked innocently and joyfully into the Discworld. And reality leaked out. And was found. For there are Things outside, whose ability to sniff out tiny frail conglomerations of reality made the thing with the sharks and the trace of blood seem very boring indeed.

They began to gather."

I suppose that infinite speed for Death (Discworld) might be okay, and Azrael should probably have all of his abilities.

However, I don't see any evidence for 1-A.

In any case, it is probably best to ask Azathoth to give input here.

That isn't 1-A, no. It is saying that something exists outside of the multiverse. That'd be High 2-A at best (as in, something outside of a multiverse).

That depends on how you mean. This seems to imply that you're looking at it from the perspective of a 3-D character, meaning no, it's just a multiverse. That 90% of the multiverse is seeping out of the 3-D space, much like a character can enter/exist 3-D space in a 278373274-D universe, and not be that number of dimensions.

Just having reality outside of a multiverse doesn't immediately mean 1-A, just that there's something besides this multiverse (in Discworld). If it was viewed from the perspective of those High 1-B justifications, then we have a different case.

The Dark Dungeons being a place of seal/banishment create by the Heigh Old Ones can help for the High 1-B perspective?

Being outside of even a High 1-B multiverse would still not remotely automatically mean transcending all concepts of time and space to a 1-A extent.

I understand, so it's still High 1-B.

Azrael having all powers of Death, abstract existence, conceptual manipulation, and sealing is ok?

Why should he have conceptual manipulation?

It was Zachary suggestion, so I don't know. Maybe because of his Clock.

I think that the other parts are okay, but I don't remember him freely manipulating other concepts than his own.

The Clock is already mentionned in standard equipment, "The Clock (which shows Time what the Time is)".

1. Dunno, could be a lot of things and 2. Yeah probably

His omnipresence is because he embodies the Death of the whole Discworld Multivers.

And yeah he does.

@YuriAkuto

So should I unlock the profile for you?

He should have plot manipulation due being able to alter the story of anything, and mid godly Regenerationn due to being unnafected by conceptual destruction.

Can we add this quote to his page?

He is known there as the Great Attractor, the Death of the Whole Multiverse, the Beginning and the End of Time. He is so vast that he can only be measured in terms of the speed of light, and whole galaxies are lost in his eyes. Our Death, the Death who harvests all lives on Earth and on the Discworld, is only a little Death, and Azrael is his Lord.

And at the end of all stories, Azrael, who knows the secret, thinks: I REMEMBER WHEN ALL THIS WILL BE AGAIN.

I don't remember him being able to change the story of anything or unaffected by conceptual destruction.

The quote should be fine to add in any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back