• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Scp canon nature and shit would be hell for DB to handle
Would it have truly been impossible for DB to handle? These are the same people who dug through 80+ years of Superman just to research for Goku vs Superman 3. Which when compared to SCP being around for around 17 years as of 2024, it would be quite a cakewalk to skim through the different canons of the SCP medium next to more then half a century of superhero content. Plus I believe that a number of SCP authors have gotten together to make the various canons they created more concise and having some relation to one another due to the mechanics of the verse, so I don't think the canonicity of things is as bad as it was awhile ago in the past.

Of course I'm not going to pretend to say that it will be easy to research SCP, only that the task of doing so seems much more simple then researching 80+ years of a singular character.

10 years from now some people will be still unironically mad at DB for Yang vs Tifa.
Time is a flat circle
Would it have truly been impossible for DB to handle? These are the same people who dug through 80+ years of Superman just to research for Goku vs Superman 3. Which when compared to SCP being around for around 17 years as of 2024, it would be quite a cakewalk to skim through the different canons of the SCP medium next to more then half a century of superhero content. Plus I believe that a number of SCP authors have gotten together to make the various canons they created more concise and having some relation to one another due to the mechanics of the verse, so I don't think the canonicity of things is as bad as it was awhile ago in the past.

Of course I'm not going to pretend to say that it will be easy to research SCP, only that the task of doing so seems much more simple then researching 80+ years of a singular character.
Maybe so but an analysis on SCP would be hell regardless because of the lack of footage for visuals and such
Text does not make for interesting editing at all

There is like 1 official art of 682 and it would look horrible in editing

The problem is that there’s a clear distinction between mainline canon and non canon for those 80+ years. What would or wouldn’t be considered for 682 would boil down to “we personally liked this canon more than the others”.

Biggest vs show on YouTube, constantly on trending page with episodes, arguably one of RTs biggest shows if not the biggest.
Still not something either company would be interested in hell Disney themselves wouldn't waste a dime on given the whole X vs Y fights being to the death and characters usage due to there licence and such

Still not something either company would be interested in hell Disney themselves wouldn't waste a dime on given the whole X vs Y fights being to the death and characters usage due to there licence and such
I mean, Amazon has supported an internet animation project before, so idk man

See the trick is don't even have a complaint about an episode of Death Battle. That way you can't be strawmaned as the generic NPC mass everyone complains about for every opinion you don't like/don't agree with/just don't want to hear.

Seriously imagine being Multi City Block level for 9 volumes and st best around the same tier in speed meanwhile ya opponent at worst is City level and can go higher with her best high end placing her at uni via a prequel show despite her show being over for a decade

Nah, I mean that kind of RWBY complaint.
As someone who sat through 9 volumes of RWBY, don't ask why I actually like the show, it's understandable that a lot of people feel this way when it comes to how the main characters are treated like their actions don't have any consequences i.e. the fall of Atlas and all that. Though from my perspective, I feel RWBY's plan gave Remnant more of a fighting chance against Salem as opposed to Ironwood's plan of elevating Atlas high into the sky and leaving the rest of the world to fend for itself.

And bare in mind that I'm not some raging fanboy who considers RWBY to be some flawless masterpiece and that it has master level writing, I acknowledge its flaws, I just find some of the complaints to be not as serious as some prop them up to be.

DCxRWBY crossover should've just ended with Darkseid omega beaming the planet and the god bros being ok with it lol!

Jokes aside RWBY is the embodiment of sunken costs and just like how futile it is to scoop water out of sinking ship eventually RWBY was gonna eventually sink (thanks in no small part to RT having dubious work ethics and well ethics in general). It's just a shame actual sane fans (neither shills nor haters) are likely not gonna get a conclusion to a show that some have invested several years of their life into, let alone a satisfying one.

I mean, Amazon has supported an internet animation project before, so idk man
I mean when you think about it from a business perspective, would you want one of your IPs to be a show which says "Hey folks! You want to see your favorite childhood characters kill each other in a fight to the death!" and then promote that? Not only would that be a bad move to display to investors of the company, but imagine the lawsuits that would come from other companies upon seeing this Amazon property using their properties to earn profit. Death Battle works as a internet based TV show since there's ways to earn cash without invoking the wrath of other companies, but putting in the mainstream light wouldn't make it last.

It's just a shame actual sane fans (neither shills nor haters) are likely not gonna get a conclusion to a show that some have invested several years of their life into, let alone a satisfying one.
I agree with this and I've expressed it a number of times, but regardless of how you feel about the show it is honestly unfortunate that the people who worked on this show for years may not get to see their story have a definitive ending. And seeing the passion that some fans have displayed over the years, like recently I saw a trailer for a full length RWBY movie called Dust Queen set to come out this summer and it looks pretty good, for this series? I do hope that at the very least, RWBY can finish off the story with some canon novels just so it isn't left on an indefinite cliffhanger.

ERB was owned by Disney?
Pretty much, like how Rooster Teeth owned DB, which in turn was part of Warner Bros, the company owning ERB, was in turn part of Disney

In the Stan Lee vs Jim Henson ERB, it has Disney appear and saying how he owns both of their creations and all, there was also a line saying he owns the whole series, which was a meta joke, cuz he was indeed owning it, but after Wolverine vs Freddy Krueger they cut ties, so they are their own thing now

Late but would be very interested in what you turn up.
I can say so far its going pretty well but I'm not using the black hole scaling from that death battles, kinda very inconsistent and outliery to scale those to her base stats plus I'd have to prove them real on the wiki which I don't feel like😭😭

Otherwise tho I've got a lot going for a complete overhaul and het peaks would outstat that anyways

Back