• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, I need to confirm something about an old comment I found

So the Galactus vs Unicron thumbnail there seems to be using the same images as the one used in the current episode's thumbnail. Are they just commonly used renders?
Yeah, DB mostly uses official renders and tries to avoid fan-renders. That Galactus is MvC3 art.

They did use fan art for Bomberman, created the TN art for BillDiscord and used goddamn masks for TMNT BR, but mostly they use official art.

Oh hey you can also talk and not just like 1500 of my posts from old threads lmao

How is that annoying? I'd also be pissed if someone used my shit without my permission then made a bunch of profit from it.
Maybe for profit sure, but if it's just for sharing repost without any malice then why not? That's my problem with the artists right now, they are too afraid
They can just gave "you can use my work as long you credited me on it" and vice Versa

Whenever i'm gonna starting to make a fanarts i'll gladly want everyone to repost it as long it's credited

I mean most clearly post them just to share around and not profit of others work, although people, even some reaction channels use works of others to make their own and sell it as merch which idk how that works from copyright perspective, but seems worse then sharing stuff not yours only

o___________________________________________________________ó

I honestly find more upsetting that he disregards RPGs not videogames like that than the whole take on why Cloud's stuff shouldn't count.

That aside, just seems the guy is playing cherrypick with what counts (read: nothing) for his less preferred character to carry in the fight.
Oh, trust me, I was very angry with this take. We didn't even discuss Link vs Cloud after they said this since I decided to try and take down their (objectively wrong) opinion. It was... not great. I could link (pun unintended) the thread, but I don't really want sift through all of that garbage again, and I doubt anyone here would want to read it either.

How well do you think Mythology MUs would do?
Zeus vs Odin
Gilgamesh vs King Arthur
Beowulf vs Cu Chullain
Ravana vs Shuten Douji
Zeus vs Odin should do well given there among the most popular mythology figures
Gilgamesh s King Arthur should do decently
Beowulf vs Cu I see doing averages decent numbers
Not sure in the last one

First time i heard about Ravana vs Shuten, but if you ask me they would perform decent if not less, mainly because they aren't very well known on the mythological circles

As for the fight itself, unless they go with Shuten being a child of Yamata-no-Orochi (yes, it was in fact came from the obscure source and not from something that Fate made it up), then Ravana hard stomp

How well do you think Mythology MUs would do?
Zeus vs Odin
Gilgamesh vs King Arthur
Beowulf vs Cu Chullain
Ravana vs Shuten Douji
Zeus vs Odin may be the safest bet because both are the most recognizable Gods in myths - Zeus moreso but I think Odin's up there

Gilgamesh vs Arthur may be 2nd best for King Arthur alone since hes one of the most known mythological figures worldwide. Easy sale really

Beowulf vs Cu likely won't. Even including history buffs, Fate, and Smite fans - if we're going by a US primary audience, your average joe is likely too ignorant to have even heard of Irish Heracles or Beowulf - I can assume Europe would appreciate it though since Cu is one of Ireland's most infamous heroes and Beowulf I know is responsible for plenty of tropes

Ravana vs Shuten... Ravana alone would be a hard sale. Shuten at least has a huge western fanbase thanks to Fate and Warriors Orochi or even fans of Touhou.

Really you organized it in a way I can see it working - I'd just love any mythological matchup

Beowulf vs Cu likely won't. Even including history buffs, Fate, and Smite fans - if we're going by a US primary audience, your average joe is likely too ignorant to have even heard of Irish Heracles or Beowulf - I can assume Europe would appreciate it though since Cu is one of Ireland's most infamous heroes and Beowulf I know is responsible for plenty of tropes
I know of Beowulf, hes quite metal

What MU you would want DevilArtemis to work on

Interesting thing that i find in DB wiki:

"In King Mickey's analysis preview in 2021, Wiz implied that he had plans for Mickey once he entered the public domain in 2024, which Boomstick misinterpreted, leading him to "officially announce" that Mickey would become the new co-host of Death Battle in 2024 and replace Wiz.[1] While the Steamboat Willie short film and other various early appearances of Mickey would indeed enter the public domain at the start of the year, it is currently unclear whether what Wiz and Boomstick had in mind for 2024 will be revealed/come to fruition."

Maybe Mickey VS Bugs turn out to be an episode on the next season?

"In King Mickey's analysis preview in 2021, Wiz implied that he had plans for Mickey once he entered the public domain in 2024, which Boomstick misinterpreted, leading him to "officially announce" that Mickey would become the new co-host of Death Battle in 2024 and replace Wiz.[1] While the Steamboat Willie short film and other various early appearances of Mickey would indeed enter the public domain at the start of the year, it is currently unclear whether what Wiz and Boomstick had in mind for 2024 will be revealed/come to fruition."

Ep 200 baybeeeee

Also I channeled inner Rilo and looked at Wayback Machine views. And it seems Red vs Blue did better than KilluaMisaka in same time frame (1.22 mil vs 1.07 mil in roughly 3 months) and KilluaMisaka needs to get to 1.5 mil in a year in order to not get behind BlakeMikasa in same time frame.

Just steamboat version, others are still copyrighted, which is why the horror game with that mickey is not called by name itself

Back