• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm no Zelda expert here, but don't people highball Link to that level because of the Triforce? I've heard some rumbling over the years that the full Triforce can grant the user the power to rival the gods, but again I know diddly dick about Zelda lore so I'll just ask if that's true or not
The Triforce could be argued to be on par the goddesses, but given it's feats compared to theirs it's hard to say it's in par with them, plus it being called the power of gods has often been used to refer to stuff like having protection from evil magic. Not like it'd scale back to Link anyway, he's had the full thing a few times but not only was it for incredibly short periods of time before he handed it off to someone else or left it alone after making a wish he never used it to empower himself. Plus he's never fought anyone empowered by the full thing either unless we get whacky and say BOTW/TOTK Zelda has the full thing and Link beat Ganondorf who is >>>>> TOTK Zelda.

He's just mad the blonde that doesn't have pointed ears but has a bigger sword is usually rated higher in Vs forums.
I'll have you know I'll be anything but mad that Cloud has a bigger sword, god I wish he'd use it on

Actually, not gonna finish that sentenc

He's just mad the blonde that doesn't have pointed ears but has a bigger sword is usually rated higher in Vs forums.
You know, considering that Cloud is blonde and has blue eyes....do you think that Cloud might be a poster boy for a specific group of people with a very specific ideology who happen to have a thing for blue eyed blonde people? I ain't going to spell it out, just food for thought.

Though it is odd that Cloud's high end scaling is still pretty low compared to how we scale him, even when FF's got some pretty nutty visual feats to go off of

So, I need to confirm something about an old comment I found

So the Galactus vs Unicron thumbnail there seems to be using the same images as the one used in the current episode's thumbnail. Are they just commonly used renders?

This is kind of random, but I remember I was debating someone who asked why Cloud would beat Link (this was Link vs Cloud 2). I told them the usual feats like Sephiroth's Supernova, Knights of the Round, Bahamut Fury, etcetera, and they said something along the lines of, "Oh, of course it would be the totally ridiculous cutscenes. Link would still win if it was gameplay only." I was obviously very confused since as you know, all of the feats I listed come from gameplay, but it turns out that they didn't think turn-based combat counted as gameplay, and thus every turn-based RPG is not a video game. I'm serious. They felt they were more along the lines of point-and-click adventure games (totally ignoring, as I pointed out, that those are video games too). It was probably the most baffling discussion I've had on the internet (and yes, it was on the Death Battle subreddit).
o___________________________________________________________ó

I honestly find more upsetting that he disregards RPGs not videogames like that than the whole take on why Cloud's stuff shouldn't count.

That aside, just seems the guy is playing cherrypick with what counts (read: nothing) for his less preferred character to carry in the fight.

So, I need to confirm something about an old comment I found

So the Galactus vs Unicron thumbnail there seems to be using the same images as the one used in the current episode's thumbnail. Are they just commonly used renders?
Yes

You know, considering that Cloud is blonde and has blue eyes....do you think that Cloud might be a poster boy for a specific group of people with a very specific ideology who happen to have a thing for blue eyed blonde people? I ain't going to spell it out, just food for thought.

Though it is odd that Cloud's high end scaling is still pretty low compared to how we scale him, even when FF's got some pretty nutty visual feats to go off of
Solar System is Cloud's safest scaling IMO, as it uses direct feats from FFVII. Multi-Solar relies on the starry sky stuff not everybody is sold on and interestingly, DB did somewhat adress Multi-Galaxy: one of the black boxes in episode mentioned the Knights of the Round feat destroying their dimension (which is large enough to contain galaxies) but there was the implication it wasn't as evident as the Supernova even if it was less dubious (in their own words) than the Triforce or Majora affecting entire universes.

Multiversal relies on two controversial matters which are the crossovers with Final Fantasy Tactics and Dissidia which are heavily debated on whether they should even count or not.

This kind of nonsense has existed forever
FF summons have got to be some of the most clear-cut feats yet people will still genuinely believe some bs to ignore them
Ngl, I kinda miss the PSX era of FF where we had over the top nonsense like 2 minute long summon sequences that ended with someone nuking a Quasar. Though there are some examples here and there in the following years.

now-that-theyre-a-mainstay-what-do-you-hope-is-the-next-v0-bgxqd03a8acc1.jpeg

What next time-travel related episode would you guys like to see?

now-that-theyre-a-mainstay-what-do-you-hope-is-the-next-v0-bgxqd03a8acc1.jpeg

What next time-travel related episode would you guys like to see?
Season 7 also has Flash vs Sonic.

But... If you really do not mind/look forward to a matchup with Puella Magi, a matchup with Homura Akemi would be well fitting to time travel battles - many of her popular options have time manipulation powers.

Last edited:
Bleach needs a W tbh after those controversial and dubious Ls. Also let's not forget Batman, Thor, Shadow, Goku, Superman and WW all got three runbacks.

Personally I would like to see Pikachu get a runback.
Would people want Pikachu vs Mikoto Misaka nowadays?
Would Pikachu vs Mikoto Misaka get banned for whatever reasons?

Back