• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anyways, time for me to list the thoughts in Ballot Banter on each of the MUs
All Might vs. Jotaro: Makes sense and sounds fun, at least. All Might pastes him though.
Kabuto vs. Shigaraki: Joked about a battle royale between these two and Mahito. They kinda like it?
Pyro vs. Bols: Think it sounds neat, but it'd be really hard to do due to the fire effects.
Maxwell vs. Timmy Turner: Makes sense, mostly talking about how weird Timmy Turner in Death Battle would be.
Tinkaton vs. Poppy: It good. It funny. They wanna do more LoL.
Ippo vs. Joe: It's cool. DA apparently wants to do a boxing match.
Rhino vs. Aggron: Mostly just talking about whether or not Rhino's suit is made from an actual Rhino. They think it funny.
Traveler vs. Nier: Makes sense, it's cool.
Iida vs. A-Train: They like it.
Miss Fortune vs. Red Monika: They do in fact look like the same character. Never heard of Battle Chasers, though.
Shirou vs. Shido: They don't know Date a Live. If they ever do a Fate MU, first one is gonna be one of Saber or Shirou.
Cody vs. Axel: They really like this one, which is very based.
Walter White vs. Tony Soprano: Liam's advocating for this one to happen if they do a Walt episode, he really likes the idea. The rest is Liam trying to sell you on the Sopranos.
The Phantom vs. The Shadow: Makes sense, they like the idea
Arceus vs. Aslan: Love this one, though Aslan sweeps.
Kenshin vs. Thorfinn: Makes a lot of sense, Vinland Saga is funny.
Rukia vs. Shana: They comment that they haven't used Bleach much, and none of them know Shana lmao.
Ghetsis vs. Monaca: It exists, mostly just them explaining Monaca to those who don't know DR.
Lord Genome vs. Lord Deus: They really wanna do a Gurren Lagann episode at some point, and this one sounds really cool.
First one next time will be Batman vs. Diluc

With GalactusUnicron actually happening along with other big requests, it does feel like a new era of MUs will be upon us in DB. After MickeyBugs & RubyMaka Im not even sure what is the next most requested MU.
Simon vs Kyle was big.

I'm personally surprised by the lack of Dumbledore vs Gandalf.

Gohan and Invincible still haven't had a match yet, despite being the iron still being hot (please not each other)

682 vs Doomsday is there

Goku vs Sonic

Saitama vs Superman or Goku (poor guy)

Garou vs Cell (is that popular yet?)

Ash vs Yugi is another
Its getting big but against the crown jewels of DB requests? Im not sure.
Simon vs Kyle was big.
I'm personally surprised by the lack of Dumbledore vs Gandalf.
Gohan and Invincible still haven't had a match yet, despite being the iron still being hot (please not each other)
682 vs Doomsday is there
Goku vs Sonic
Saitama vs Superman or Goku (poor guy)
Garou vs Cell (is that popular yet?)
SimonKyle is bit too new MU.
DumbledoreGandalf has lost a lot of steam.
Do casuals even want GohanMark lol
Also feels newish?
Goku vs Saitama might actually be there and be pity Goku win lmao
CellGarou aint there yet, but it has risen this year bit more.

Also feels newish?
Goku vs Saitama could actually be pretty close if you limit it to just DBZ Goku since GT or Super Goku shred him like paper.

Also feels newish?

With GalactusUnicron actually happening along with other big requests, it does feel like a new era of MUs will be upon us in DB. After MickeyBugs & RubyMaka Im not even sure what is the next most requested MU.
Kratos vs Asura/Dante

Hulk vs Godzilla seems pretty hot rn especially with the new Godzilla movies

Is Hellboy vs Nero popular?

Gru vs Megamind is a popular meme

Yes, they do. Casuals are the main reason that MU even exists and is so requested. Very few in the actual versus community want that MU, because virtually everyone knows there is no debate, and that it's a godstomp in Gohan's favor, no matter what way you look at it, and no matter the leniency given to Mark.

Legit, about the only way it works, is if you get super lenient with Mark, and give him shaky star-busting power at peak off of crossover scaling(lmao) which would make a fight with Teen Gohan from the Cell saga at least somewhat understandable, and allow Gohan to actually use transformations up to SSJ2 to win the fight.
If they feed Saitama to Goku, it ain't as much of a pity W to Goku as it is a massive blow to the Saitama D-riders who somehow still believe in him one-punching all his opponents. Again, his loss to Popeye can be excused because of toonforce, but against Goku? Who they firmly believe he beats, due to nonsense headcanon? The saltmines would absolutely flow from that, lol.

omg they said the thingg

wBiVdFD.jpg

Man a literal mental concept would fit that description.
I mean, most of the ideas (Memes) and Concepts that were used as weapons had that purpose, to be a kind of parasite that was passed between people just by spreading the existance of them(Like talking about them or show a photo) to rewrite the individual but not are limited by that

Similar to the cognitive dangers from SCP but the War in Heaven from DW come first

I don’t really agree with the arguments in that thread. If 682 could just adapt like that then it would regardless of the threat. It’s adaptations have always depended on the threat and they scale with said threat. It didn’t adapt some super hax power when it fought 096, it just had its basic regeneration ability because that’s all it needed. The fight can’t end in anything other than a stalemate or a win for Doomsday because how fast 682 fully regenerates after a test log is super inconsistent and it could take hours for it to happen which would count as a win for Doomsday under Death Battle rules.

Anyways, time for me to list the thoughts in Ballot Banter on each of the MUs
All Might vs. Jotaro: Makes sense and sounds fun, at least. All Might pastes him though.
Kabuto vs. Shigaraki: Joked about a battle royale between these two and Mahito. They kinda like it?
Pyro vs. Bols: Think it sounds neat, but it'd be really hard to do due to the fire effects.
Maxwell vs. Timmy Turner: Makes sense, mostly talking about how weird Timmy Turner in Death Battle would be.
Tinkaton vs. Poppy: It good. It funny. They wanna do more LoL.
Ippo vs. Joe: It's cool. DA apparently wants to do a boxing match.
Rhino vs. Aggron: Mostly just talking about whether or not Rhino's suit is made from an actual Rhino. They think it funny.
Traveler vs. Nier: Makes sense, it's cool.
Iida vs. A-Train: They like it.
Miss Fortune vs. Red Monika: They do in fact look like the same character. Never heard of Battle Chasers, though.
Shirou vs. Shido: They don't know Date a Live. If they ever do a Fate MU, first one is gonna be one of Saber or Shirou.
Cody vs. Axel: They really like this one, which is very based.
Walter White vs. Tony Soprano: Liam's advocating for this one to happen if they do a Walt episode, he really likes the idea. The rest is Liam trying to sell you on the Sopranos.
The Phantom vs. The Shadow: Makes sense, they like the idea
Arceus vs. Aslan: Love this one, though Aslan sweeps.
Kenshin vs. Thorfinn: Makes a lot of sense, Vinland Saga is funny.
Rukia vs. Shana: They comment that they haven't used Bleach much, and none of them know Shana lmao.
Ghetsis vs. Monaca: It exists, mostly just them explaining Monaca to those who don't know DR.
Lord Genome vs. Lord Deus: They really wanna do a Gurren Lagann episode at some point, and this one sounds really cool.
First one next time will be Batman vs. Diluc

More details

Ballot Banter #39 recap
All Might VS Jotaro Kujo (My Hero Academia VS JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)- They talk about it again because Sam forgot they already did. Liam thinks it’s fun and gets the theme, though he also says All Might “pastes” Jotaro and Star Platinum.

Kabuto VS Shigaraki (Naruto VS My Hero Academia)- Liam suggests adding Mahito to turn it into a battle royale of “white-haired edgelords”. He doesn’t know who’d win between Kabuto and Shigaraki.

Pyro VS Bols (Team Fortress 2 VS Akame ga Kill)- They don’t know who Bols is. Liam loves the Pyro, and thinks it sounds great based on the connections. Sam thinks the required fire and lighting effects would be really expensive (Liam, in response, jokingly suggests setting the battle in the vacuum of space, and whoever gathers enough oxygen molecules to light a fire first wins).

Maxwell VS Timmy Turner (Scribblenauts VS The Fairly Oddparents)- Sam says it makes sense, and Timmy probably wins, which Liam and John both dispute. John wonders how Da Rules would apply. After a lengthy discussion about this, Sam says a fight that boils down to “the intricacies of fairy law” would be fun, and he and John both say they like the fight. Liam mentions that Maxwell can summon Superman, and John adds that he can make Superman invincible, making Sam fully change his mind and say Maxwell wins.

Tinkaton VS Poppy (Pokemon VS League of Legends)- John has seen it a lot ever since Tinkaton was introduced. Sam thinks it makes a lot of sense, and he wants more LoL in DB.

Makunouchi Ippo VS Joe Yabuki (Hajime no Ippo VS Ashita no Joe)- They like it. Liam has never read Ashita no Joe, but has heard it’s great. DevilArtemis wants to animate a boxing episode, according to Sam.

Rhino VS Aggron (Marvel VS Pokemon)- They don’t talk about the MU, just details about the Rhino as the character, and then Mary Jane’s introduction.

The Traveler VS Brother Nier (Genshin Impact VS NieR)- Sam doesn’t know much about NieR, but says this MU makes sense from what he knows about the characters. The others generally agree, with Erin pointing out that they share a voice actor.

Tenya Iida VS A-Train (My Hero Academia VS The Boys)- Liam likes it, pointing out how they’re speedsters who aren’t OP. He says Iida probably wins, which is good because “A-Train deserves to die” (Erin says she’s “sensing a pattern with characters from The Boys”).

Miss Fortune VS Red Monika (League of Legends VS Battle Chasers)- They’ve never heard of Battle Chasers. Sam says they look like the same character. Liam jokes that it’s gonna be the next battle after Galactus VS Unicron, and Sam responds that Miss Fortune is actually relevant right now because she’s doing good in competitive Teamfight Tactics.

Shirou Emiya VS Shido Itsuka (Fate VS Date A Live)- They don’t know Date A Live. John says that the first Fate character in DB should be either Shirou or Saber, since they’re the two main characters. Erin Googles Date A Live, and her description of it leads to Liam understanding the MU slightly more, but also some confusion around Date A Live's premise. Sam suggests doing a members-only series where they watch an episode of a series mentioned on Ballot Banter that they know nothing about.

Cody Travers VS Axel Stone (Final Fight VS Streets of Rage)- Liam says it “*****”. Sam describes it as “we have Ken Masters at home: the Death Battle”, but Liam counters that Cody is canonically one of the strongest characters in the Street Fighter universe. John says he loves Cody’s story, and Liam says Axel is also pretty cool.

Walter White VS Tony Soprano (Breaking Bad VS The Sopranos)- Sam says it’s a Liam episode. Liam says he loves both shows and has advocated for this MU for a while.

The Phantom VS The Shadow- Sam thinks it makes sense, and would like to use footage from the 90s Phantom movie. However, he admits it’s “not very high on the list”.

Arceus VS Aslan (Pokemon VS The Chronicles of Narnia)- Liam and especially John both love it. Liam says that Aslan stomps, which the others agree with (Sam points out that he’s canonically the Judeo-Christian God).

Himura Kenshin VS Thorfinn Karlsefni (Rurouni Kenshin VS Vinland Saga)- Liam loves Vinland Saga. He explains the show’s premise, and how Thorfinn is similar to Kenshin in that they both start off as badass killers but learn to be pacifists. Sam says it makes sense based on that, but Liam says “it would just be them hugging it out”.

Rukia VS Shana (Bleach VS Shakugan no Shana)- Sam comments that they get less requests for Bleach MUs than you’d expect given how big it was. Liam has never heard of Shakugan no Shana, but understands the basic idea of the MU.

Ghetsis VS Monaca (Pokemon VS Danganronpa)- John explains that Monaca is the person who made all the different Monokuma variants. Sam initially assumes that Monaca wins based on this, but John points out that Ghetsis has Kyurem.

Lordgenome VS Lord Deus (Gurren Lagann VS Asura’s Wrath)- John is down for it because he loves any Gurren Lagann representation. Lordgenome is one of John’s favorite characters, and Liam also loves him, though he isn’t familiar with Deus.

First matchup for the next Ballot Banter is Batman VS Diluc (Dark Knights of Steel VS Genshin Impact).

He really got hit by the worf affect huh
I am certain that SCP chuds will make a story that would let them win against Doomsday if Death Battle makes him win.
Mods would shoot those peeps down tho from what I hear

I’ve said it before, but yeah, people in the versus community really do underestimate how hard both the veteran SCP community and its moderation staff hate powerscaling and dick-meauring contests. It’s one of the reasons that crosstesting SCPs is considered scandalous at best and unofficially banned at worst.

All Might VS Jotaro Kujo (My Hero Academia VS JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure)- They talk about it again because Sam forgot they already did. Liam thinks it’s fun and gets the theme, though he also says All Might “pastes” Jotaro and Star Platinum.
Does AM actually pastes Jojo? Doesn't Jojo blitz and outhax?

DevilArtemis wants to animate a boxing episode, according to Sam
This would be dope as ****, TJ vs Balrog was one of my favorites just because they did research on boxing so it felt more like an actual IRL fight rather than a supernatural one. (Barring the stats of course.)

And as a boxing fan I'd give @Arc7Kuroi's left nut for another boxing MU. Although I think I'd prefer something with Takamura instead of Ippo.

This would be dope as ****, TJ vs Balrog was one of my favorites just because they did research on boxing so it felt more like an actual IRL fight rather than a supernatural one. (Barring the stats of course.)

And as a boxing fan I'd give @Arc7Kuroi's left nut for another boxing MU. Although I think I'd prefer something with Takamura instead of Ippo.
this is CRAZY

Back