• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
81b2l2.jpg
don't try too hard, ridley is still recovering from martian manhunter vs silver sulfer being a flop.

You know this might be considered very toxic behavior, but I would like to see Megatron beat Frieza just to enjoy the reactions from Dragon Ball and or anime fans that react to the battle on Youtube. Like, maybe I'm just an asshole here or something, but I just can't help but get some sick fun from watching various salty videos on YouTube from people raging over their favorite character losing....especially if they start insulting Death Battle or downplaying the feats of the winner to justify their bias.

Now obviously I want Frieza and Megatron to be a great episode above all else, and if Frieza wins then that'd be cool, but I also wouldn't mind Megatron winning to get some entertainment.

You know this might be considered very toxic behavior, but I would like to see Megatron beat Frieza just to enjoy the reactions from Dragon Ball and or anime fans that react to the battle on Youtube. Like, maybe I'm just an asshole here or something, but I just can't help but get some sick fun from watching various salty videos on YouTube from people raging over their favorite character losing....especially if they start insulting Death Battle or downplaying the feats of the winner to justify their bias.

Now obviously I want Frieza and Megatron to be a great episode above all else, and if Frieza wins then that'd be cool, but I also wouldn't mind Megatron winning to get some entertainment.
I think people are allowed to be disappointed when they're preferred character loses, I get that it's okay to be antagonistic towards Dragon Ball fans and all that but what if someone genuinely disagrees with the episode?

I think people are allowed to be disappointed when they're preferred character loses, I get that it's okay to be antagonistic towards Dragon Ball fans and all that but what if someone genuinely disagrees with the episode?
No I get that much, I mean I myself am a massive fan of Dragon Ball since I was a kid and I'm personally rooting for Frieza to kick Megatron's ass just based off what I know about Megatron and the things Frieza can accomplish, but I guess a part of me inherently gets a toxic pleasure out of watching salty reactions so that's probably the reason why I said that. Still even if Megatron does win, at the very least they need to not downplay Frieza or carefully explain why Megatron wins less the episode becomes really bad.

Okay, just sat and finally finished a YouTube let’s play of both the first inFamous and Prototype games, they retroactively made me like the episode even more. It goes from a 6/10 to 8/10. The analysis is still monkey cheeks tho.
Maybe it's because I know only a little bit of the second Prototype game, but... I didn't think the analysis was that terrible? Dunno, I get all the criticism made but it does its job, at least for an outsider like me to get to know both characters, get excited for them and their abilities and look forward to see their stuff in action.

The fight was just flat out good. One thing that's not commented much upon but, man I love the voice acting in Death Battles.

Im a DBZ fan and I dont like composites so its a no brainer here for me.

Also retroactively I like Frieza way more nowadays. I feel like Frieza in general is liked better now.

Names some people have not heard for a long time.

MvMJb2j_d.webp

War ain't over till it is over.
We can see many other matchups are good in their own rights and should be given an episode no matter the vote results, but Composite Ryu vs Composite Goku really raises attention in this poll and, honestly, belongs to this poll specifically and should win thi poll and possibly even the whole tournament.

Serious. This really means Composite Ryu vs Composite Goku and Sailor Moon vs Madoka Kaname are both very well requested.
Neither of those MUs are beating Grumind

Ben goes tinfoil in cast that releasing eps early for Champions in YT has caused issues.

He confirms ep views have been getting millions of views less.

This means FriezaMegatron releases early for testing occasion.

EDIT:

We have LittleKuriboh as Frieza. Also OST has lyrics. Frieza invades Cybertron.
Did he really say that?

I think he said that there won't be any early release for champions.

Also yeah they're panicking about view counts now, with the title changes and shit. It's joever. I won't be surprised if they do clickbait thumbnails now.

Did he really say that?

I think he said that there won't be any early release for champions.

Also yeah they're panicking about view counts now, with the title changes and shit. It's joever. I won't be surprised if they do clickbait thumbnails now.
Actually yeah, there is no early release, it releases on same time so probably Monday then.

And tbh, the views have been way lower this season. Its been very noticeable.

I actually like both. Megatron goes hard. I just love Frieza more cuz he calls people monkeys
What's funny about that last part is that, in my opinion, it gave way to one of the funniest lines in Dragon Ball history. Especially if you buy the idea that Goku was imagining what the others were saying and that this is how he imagines Frieza's encouragement.

Ben goes tinfoil in cast that releasing eps early for Champions in YT has caused issues.

EDIT:

Because this is very important to Champions and even just DB as a whole, want to make sure this is as clear as possible and not second hand info from people that aren't as familiar with how YouTube operates.

Since the change for the 24-hour screening, impressions have been down. Not views. (well views too but that's not as important since sponsors are a major driving factor, not so much how many sees it). But in order for the channel to grow and be sent out to subscribers regardless of if they pay, impressions (which is the amount of times the thumbnail of the video is seen) needs to be consistent / higher. It helps the channel, keeps the lights on, stuff like that. So if they are millions below the expectation, some changes and tests gotta be made. We wouldn't have bothered if it was thousands less and just ate the L. Ergo, we're testing it specifically for this episode. And only Frieza VS Megatron. That should be clear. If it turns out the 24-hour screening is what's primarily affecting everything, that's a conversation we'll have in what we can do to make up for it and how we can deliver these out. It sucks and no one wants it to stick, but lights gotta stay on.

EDIT:

Alright, moment of truth, does he say the line?
MoonMadoka won.

EDIT:

NEXT TIME ON DB BALLOT

Luke vs Saber
Tom s Wily
Toothless vs Baymax
Sackboy vs Maxwell
sackwell sweep

Anyways
My thoughts on the preview
VA for both is solid
Dialogue is good even if a bit TFS but mainly good and fits Freiza
Frieza going tanking while going into his FF looked clean

Overall it was short but looked good need to see more how they interact action wise to see but frankly looks promising hope the full product is great

So we're getting the episode on Monday
Huh probably much better in the long term
No more douchebags spoiling in the chat, that’s a W in my book. I’m surprised it took Ben this long to point out that the show hasn’t had a lot of views for the past couple of years since like, Season 7 ironically enough.

I unironically think opening up a Patreon, having the Discord be public, and allowing everyone to vote next year on the ballots would drive up engagements and interactions.

Back