• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean tbh changing Cast names is whatever.

X vs Y! | DEATH BATTLE Cast
->
X VS Y (Franchise A vs Franchise B) Who wins a DEATH BATTLE Debate?

venom_vs_jackie_estacado_by_deviljaytx_dg666xd-pre.png

Time to doompost

Honestly, I can't even tell with Rooster Teeth anymore. Yeah, they bring up some good points (there's also the fact Achievement Hunter went under), but at the same time... we've had so many cases where it looks like RT is going to die, only for them to stay kicking that I genuinely don't know anymore. They're like IDW in a way: IDW's stocks are apparently worth less than a DOLLAR, yet they still manage to pump out tons of comics.

Honestly, I can't even tell with Rooster Teeth anymore. Yeah, they bring up some good points (there's also the fact Achievement Hunter went under), but at the same time... we've had so many cases where it looks like RT is going to die, only for them to stay kicking that I genuinely don't know anymore. They're like IDW in a way: IDW's stocks are apparently worth less than a DOLLAR, yet they still manage to pump out tons of comics.
IDW is subsidized, I doubt Warner would be willing to do the same for RT.

8.5/10, tied for Chosenborn as the best of the season so far imo.

There is still some clunk to the 3D animation, but the fight still excels in an engaging back and forth that makes it seem closer than any other fight this season. Cole and Alex work ridiculously well off each other, there's a reason this is a legacy match up.

Music is fantastic and turns a 8 out 10 fight into a 9, it swells at just the right time, and because of it I can't stop rematching the final clash where Cole uses his lighting claw blades and Cole turns into my sleep paralysis demon.

Voice acting is great, Cole was ridiculously good, the dialogue was actually compelling and gave the two actual conflict between each other beyond 'oh we are fighting'.

What keeps this episode from being higher is the analysis and explanation. No specific numbers, and some parts of the break down felt like oddly demeaning almost, like this episode is just old news. I've never found Death Battle particularly funny, but the jokes in this were just flat out bad.

+Great back and forth fight
+Perfectly fitting music
+Good character conflict
-Odd result explanation
-Boring breakdowns

Overall; it was pretty good I guess idk

Right now my it's tied for number 1 with Chosenborn, and just above of Guts vs Dmitri.

I think Cole vs Alex might be the strongest episode of the season purely because it's on equal footing with Chosenborn despite me having never played Infamous or Prototype

Honesty Cant think what company wouldn't scoop up DB given it still net clicks these days

Tho the downside is one for them could make sure there respective series Doesn't lose

Isn’t DB more supported with ads and that’s how they get most of the money?

and yeah rn it’s looks really bad the fact they have to plead fans to spam a hashtag to green light volume 10 and the final season of RvB apparently de canonizing s15-18 it looks like there wrapping up a lot of there IPs
Remember when Miles and Kerry said that Monty had enough material in his Story Bible to make like 35 volumes?

Crawling through the replies...

So some netizen is seeing that Rooster Teeth is failing and Death Battle and RWBY (to ironically a smaller extent given the current decline) would be the (only?) two gold egg geese kept by Rooster Teeth which it would have to let go at some point should creditors chase after its debts... Right?

Oh Jiren vs Atrocitus is being pushed harder as a legit matchup. Good thing this frees Broly, Hulk and Asura and a lot more "angry" punchers.

We have Goku vs Superman. We have Goku vs Flash in the form of Goku Black vs Reverse-Flash. We are going to have Goku vs Green Lantern in the form of Jiren vs Atrocitus soon.

Super Sonic scale from Base form Boruto Era Naruto. Naisu. (Sarcasm)

That new form really didn't do much. Maybe I'm just dumb and haven't spotted the big major thing. It also will not be used in a DB I'm pretty sure

Back