• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I mean they said they were equal in power just said Bill could be more powerful in a black box.
The post-analysis run down said Bill was stronger than Discord.
Heck, every trap characters from other media are way more safer to use than Bridget
I hope that if a trap gets to Death Battle, they're not put in a shitty matchup that's just "Both are traps, let's have them fight to the death"

My man, Astolfo is way more than a generic anime trap.

Ill Cipher VS Disgust (Gravity Fall VS My Little Floppy) | DEATH BATTLE!
967,297 views Premiered Sep 12, 2023

Around 33,000 clicks to make it not a flop. Go pal.

The post-analysis run down said Bill was stronger than Discord.

I hope that if a trap gets to Death Battle, they're not put in a shitty matchup that's just "Both are traps, let's have them fight to the death"

My man, Astolfo is way more than a generic anime trap.
So is Bridget not just a generic fighting game trap turned to transgender character.

Oh one more close connection.

So I just got back from playing the Mortal Kombat 1 story and Jago better run away so damn fast cuz even his possible cosmic scaling isn't going to save him.

Fire God Liu Kang even before becoming Keeper of Time is like 2-C to 2-A, same for Kronika's Crown Shang Tsung. Their final fight at the end of Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath released so much energy that it caused the formerly singular timeline to split into innumerable timelines which canonised all possibilities. So the OG MK11 Ending is canon with Kitana becoming a Titan, Shang Tsung's Bad Ending for Aftermath is canon. Kano's ending leading into the MK Legends: Snow Blind movie is canon. Etc.

So I just got back from playing the Mortal Kombat 1 story and Jago better run away so damn fast cuz even his possible cosmic scaling isn't going to save him.

Fire God Liu Kang even before becoming Keeper of Time is like 2-C to 2-A, same for Kronika's Crown Shang Tsung. Their final fight at the end of Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath released so much energy that it caused the formerly singular timeline to split into innumerable timelines which canonised all possibilities. So the OG MK11 Ending is canon with Kitana becoming a Titan, Shang Tsung's Bad Ending for Aftermath is canon. Kano's ending leading into the MK Legends: Snow Blind movie is canon. Etc.
Who knows Jago's biggest chance of not dying to Liu Kang is to hand over the fight to Ryu

Oh wait does Scorpion also upscale from that? This may mean Death Battle is correct on Ryu vs Scorpion all along.

What about Sektor? Johnny Cage? Sindel? Goro? The list may go on.

Do normies really hate new and different series represented that much, they don't even get curious about said series?
Oh yeah, I forgot to add the whole "isn't part of Death Battle's charm is learning about new characters and series?" to my list of dumb things this community spews out constantly.
NO
It isn't

The main charm is seeing characters you're passionate about, or at least care about slightly and seeing them interact and fight each other in a crossover.
'Normies' only care about episodes featuring characters they are familiar with. They don't hate new characters, they just don't care and won't bother watching if it features characters they never heard of. And honestly why should they care? Oh boy I sure can't wait to learn about a new character from the hillbilly guy with a grating voice and his lame scientist buddy and see them making dumb jokes about said random anime girl I never heard of before!
What some people forget is a good chunk of the audience just skips the analysis and watches the fight animation. They don't give a **** of learning a new character and the community and crew needs to learn this asap.

Hell, I would say it's more about the matchup than the individual characters. Sure people know and love Stitch, but how many wanted to see him fight Rocket? A underwhelming amount of people.

Hanzo Scorpion, before MK1, has an ending burning Liu Kang timeline cuz his wife marries the Scorpion of that one, which is Kuai Liang Scorpion, let alone he would already scale from Raiden fight in X and 11, cuz thats actually consistent

Who knows Jago's biggest chance of not dying to Liu Kang is to hand over the fight to Ryu

Oh wait does Scorpion also upscale from that? This may mean Death Battle is correct on Ryu vs Scorpion all along.

What about Sektor? Johnny Cage? Sindel? Goro? The list may go on.
Characters were already 2-C from well before this, realm merging and what not, MK1 literally just supports stuff already there before existing, which people choose to be ignorant cuz "hurr durr inconsistent, not scaling to physicals" bullshit

Sidenote, but the Black Hole feat Liu has would probably scale to Raiden and Fujin, since it's done by a Liu without his time powers.

That is if fatalities ever get accepted as usable.

Hanzo Scorpion, before MK1, has an ending burning Liu Kang timeline cuz his wife marries the Scorpion of that one, which is Kuai Liang Scorpion, let alone he would already scale from Raiden fight in X and 11, cuz thats actually consistent

He didn't burn the timeline but he was a threat so mute

Sidenote, but the Black Hole feat Liu has would probably scale to Raiden and Fujin, since it's done by a Liu without his time powers.

That is if fatalities ever get accepted as usable.
Dont have high hopes when those who handle MK here think storm feats or melting swords are jaw dropping stuff and come up with excuses to tier 2

What some people forget is a good chunk of the audience just skips the analysis and watches the fight animation. They don't give a ***** of learning a new character,500 Paragraph worth essays of connections and the community and crew needs to learn this asap.
Fixed there m8

Also I get what you mean and ya not wrong for the most part but folks do get into new series thanks to DB

Metal band vs metal band
bda743be7079cb1e9dcbcb76d5129daa.png

Metal band vs metal band
bda743be7079cb1e9dcbcb76d5129daa.png
Think I've seen this post on reddit before lul, ngl Death needs to be put up against Bathory, as both of them defined their genres (Black and death metal) that evolved from thrash, both were playing the more standard styles of their genres but would both soon switch to something more unique (Technical death and viking metal). Also both of them have always-changing line-up with only one consistent member who happens to be a god a genius and everyone's husbando (Chuck and Quorthon) who also tragically passed away in early 2000's.
I think it works way better than Opeth, plus for a band like Death I think you should pick a band who have somewhat comparable legacy to them (Not to shit on Opeth or their legacy or something but imho it's just not as big as Death) and if you want them to face another dm band, Gorguts imho would be a great pick, both played ordinary old school death metal in their early years, then switched to very technical styles in late 90's, creating some of the most influential and unique albums in their genres.

Think I've seen this post on reddit before lul, ngl Death needs to be put up against Bathory, as both of them defined their genres (Black and death metal) that evolved from thrash, both were playing the more standard styles of their genres but would both soon switch to something more unique (Technical death and viking metal). Also both of them have always-changing line-up with only one consistent member who happens to be a god a genius and everyone's husbando (Chuck and Quorthon) who also tragically passed away in early 2000's.
I think it works way better than Opeth, plus for a band like Death I think you should pick a band who have somewhat comparable legacy to them (Not to shit on Opeth or their legacy or something but imho it's just not as big as Death) and if you want them to face another dm band, Gorguts imho would be a great pick, both played ordinary old school death metal in their early years, then switched to very technical styles in late 90's, creating some of the most influential and unique albums in their genres.
You've seen previous version
4697d5c1d4620c68274ae7d50e289e9c.png

Nah, they openly said and admit that Ky vs Artoria isn't a great fight and will not doing well

Beside, Artoria spot has been reserved for Luke
Where was this stated? Either way, if it makes stuff like the Champions ballet or whatever, it might have a higher chance. And besides, crew members or researchers liking or disliking an idea doesn't mean as much compared to actual push from the audience and requests. The inner community is getting a better chance to push for matchups sure, and crew can still pitch ideas as they wish sure. This doesn't guarantee or deconfirm a matchup however.

EDIT: I'm not saying I think Ky vs either of his big ideas are inherently likely either lol.

True

Not by a long shot
Ky
Slayer
I-no
Are more safe bets
I only maybe assumed Bridget due to popularity being a bigger pull for views compared to others (for more controversial reasons however though). But yeah, I can see I-No potentially now that you mention it. Has a big overarching role, and is fairly popular.

I only maybe assumed Bridget due to popularity being a bigger pull for views compared to others (for more controversial reasons however though). But yeah, I can see I-No potentially now that you mention it. Has a big overarching role, and is fairly popular.
Even factoring popularity it doesn't translate to views and vs clout nobody was gassing up the character in any scenario in the vs community or among normies
Where was this stated? Either way, if it makes stuff like the Champions ballet or whatever, it might have a higher chance. And besides, crew members or researchers liking or disliking an idea doesn't mean as much compared to actual push from the audience and requests. The inner community is getting a better chance to push for matchups sure, and crew can still pitch ideas as they wish sure. This doesn't guarantee or deconfirm a matchup however.
Like I said before it was never deconfirmed but said by the guy moreso if we're bringing Saber on the guy said it be easier to push Luke vs Saber as opposed to Saber vs KY given many know Luke and Star wars is a massively popular franchise

EDIT: I'm not saying I think Ky vs either of his big ideas are inherently likely either lol.
It's right after the ballot a months ago iifc
And ngl, the push on Ky vs Artoria are pretty low compared to the other Artoria MU, with the hype on Guilty Gear are died down recently as well

Even factoring popularity it doesn't translate to views and vs clout nobody was gassing up the character in any scenario in the vs community or among normies

Like I said before it was never deconfirmed but said by the guy moreso if we're bringing Saber on the guy said it be easier to push Luke vs Saber as opposed to Saber vs KY given many know Luke and Star wars is a massively popular franchise
Where was this said though? Also I'm not trying to say anything is confirmed or deconfirmed either, but I can see Luke as likelier partly due to reasons you already stated.

Back