• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2 final hype trailers before tomorrow, I really like the second one which highlights both characters “ends” (Bill’s death and Discord’s life after reforming.)

One extra fun note:

I would really like it if Bill Cipher vs Discord would include a tongue twister on saying the disclaimer announcement as below
The views expressed in this episode are those of the staff members and may not reflect those of Rooster Teeth Productions LLC (Rooster Teeth). The staff members made every effort to ensure accuracy of information provided; however, neither Rooster Teeth nor the staff members can guarantee such accuracy. This article is strictly for informational purposes only. It is not a solicitation to make any exchange in commodities, securities or other financial instruments. Rooster Teeth and the staff members of this episode do not accept culpability for losses and/or damages arising from the use of this publication.

Because VSW doesnt believe in Uni+ Mario unlike r/DeathBattleMatchups :^)

Tho fr after BowserEggman, Mario MUs feel kinda done, at least the obvious good ones.
It is kind of ironic given the relative commercial success from the Mario franchise over the Sonic franchise. Like is it more the case people are too lazy to think of an interesting matchup against Mario characters?

That said... Anyone already expecting which are the final 32 matchups for Champion Poll 2023?
The hosts at Death Battle Cast are saying already there will be 4 polls for voting at the coming Death Battle Cast.

Because VSW doesnt believe in Uni+ Mario unlike r/DeathBattleMatchups :^)

Tho fr after BowserEggman, Mario MUs feel kinda done, at least the obvious good ones.
It is kind of ironic given the relative commercial success from the Mario franchise over the Sonic franchise. Like is it more the case people are too lazy to think of an interesting matchup against Mario characters?
I think Sonic as a verse is generally just more tailored to Versus than Mario is tbh. Mario characters are also really hard to make matchups for in general imho.

You can do Yoshi vs Chocobo and Luigi vs Shaggy imho. If you wanna get quirky and do alternate Mario canons, AoSTH Sonic vs SMBSS Mario or Mario-Kun vs Manga Kirby could prooooobably be fun. I like Red vs Geno but that's not happening lol

rhZAdVY.png

Blue_Lions_Misunderstandings.png

Discord being a villain redeemed as antihero agaisnt Bill Cipher as a big bad villain all along already gives Discord the moral high ground.

The sneak peek also shows how Discord wants to avenge for his fallen friends.

Now the more I look into the sneak peek the more I realise that rooting for Discord (netting on him or not) is just the holy and moral choice.

Bill Cipher used stones turned from ponies in making his throne in the start of the fight and mentioned that "pasting all this bootleg merchandise together sure took a lotta glue. Good thing your friends make their own".

This is referring to the history that animal corpses have been used and refined as glue in ancient times (back to about 2000 BC) when glue was used as adhesives, binders and finishings. (Nowadays animal glue as adhesives are more restricted as synthetic adhesives are easier to produce and are more popular. Gelatin is extracted from animal bodies as jelly for dessert ingredients. Animal hides are dried and mixed as pet food. Some companies, such as those in Canada, still produce animal, hide and hoof glues from horses. Recently, animal glue has been replaced by other adhesives and plastics, but remains popular for restoration. Still, animal glues will darken with age and shrink as they dry, giving them the potential to harm wood, paper, or works of art. Too much handling and too many changes in temperature or humidity could cause further harm.)

Bill Cipher is truly one very weird and evil lord.

I shall have a quick nap and see at 1 am SGT who is the winner and which matchup is next.

Discord being a villain redeemed as antihero agaisnt Bill Cipher as a big bad villain all along already gives Discord the moral high ground.

The sneak peek also shows how Discord wants to avenge for his fallen friends.

Now the more I look into the sneak peek the more I realise that rooting for Discord (netting on him or not) is just the holy and moral choice.
Bill's wincon. Discord acting against his nature... shame power of friendship still trumps all.

Bill's wincon. Discord acting against his nature... shame power of friendship still trumps all.
problem with that is that discord only needs to see chaos to start to become himself again, as shown when fluttershy was being chaotic, not discord. Also the fact that discord can just turn into accord anytime he wants like accord did for discord negating the need to stay chaotic

I'm like 100% sure if G1 did it's usual blogs Bill would've won because a decent amount of people buy the dimensional tiering.

I think they avoided it because they knew it's a very controversial claim and would cause lots of debate and discussion.

That's just my tinfoil though
We didn't do a g1 for it for many reasons. Really has nothing to do about it being debatable or not

The Bill wincon is 11-D statements. It really comes down to whether the writers use it or not.
More accurately: How the Death Battle staff see the 11D statement compared to the Disney staff

problem with that is that discord only needs to see chaos to start to become himself again, as shown when fluttershy was being chaotic, not discord. Also the fact that discord can just turn into accord anytime he wants like accord did for discord negating the need to stay chaotic
Wasn't being serious (the power of friendship bit for example).

So how many of you want to get spoiled the result in 36 mins or so? The earliest leaks possible, and not wait to watch full ep?

Last edited:
So how many of you want to get spoiled the result in 36 mins or so? The earliest leaks possible.
Rules remain the same:

Spoilers for Bill Cipher vs Discord go here.

Spoilers for the next matchup of Death Battle go here.

Spoiler tabs are friends.

Bill Cipher 11D is as real as One Piece

Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer is next

My only though on how bill
will there be a qna

Just watched the episode, it was really cool, my second favorite after Guts vs Dimitri, genuinely great stuff, I didn't see other people's thoughts on the episode yet but I bet alot of you are pissed off right now, happy that my man Bill won but I'm sorry for all of you Discord fans, lol.

The biggest issue besides 11D Bill, was using his precog as an argument as if Bill does so in character, and implying Discord doesn't take things seriously ever.

If anything, Discord can sense influxes of magical power and would have taken the battle seriously from the start. In that scenario, he has more instant win wincons than Bill.

All of Bill's wincons would require the mindscape, which would never happen before being defeated.

Both of my most requested matchups on this show, involving my favorite series, had wrong results. Do you have any idea how much of a bummer that is?

Back