• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
GDC_OBdXEAERnky
GDxUAXHXEAARjMk
GEYud1bWYAACG5Z

That's why if NNT does appear on Death Battle don't be surprised to see Escanor as the first rep before Meliodas (iirc one of the members of the DB team legit finds Mel as possibly too "groomer" to appear in an episode, which is understandable) plus the animation and ost potentially is definitely there (assuming he fights White Beard or Akainu).

Moving on any other franchises that should or could be on DB but potentially have hurdles stopping them (e.g: that copy-right strike on Sailor Galaxia Vs Beerus might have pushed back Sailor Moon appearing indefinitely or Nasuverse's definitely not wholesome origins).
Kamen Rider is one outside Ichigo and Oz-i I do not see any other KR rep getting on due to copyright

As someone who has been playing through the all the Greek Saga games, has played through 2018, and is quite a ways into Ragnarok? I have to respectfully disagree with David here to Kratos' character development in the Norse games, and I might as well put my opinion on Kratos now a days in the spoiler tab to not clog things up:

One of the things that I have found very fascinating about Kratos in the older games is, when you get to the nitty gritty of the narrative and what we are shown from the characters, how much remorse and self loathing reeks from him from everything he's had to do in his life. See beyond the godlike feats and ferocity that Kratos demonstrates through the games, he's ultimately the personification of the tragic Greek hero found in Greek Mythology: Guy's unable to protect his brother as children, went through the hellish training that Spartan children were expected to endure and was treated less like a human and more like a war machine, was forced into giving his servitude to Ares in order to save Sparta from Barbarians, was tasked with slaughtering countless innocents in Ares' name and is tricked into murdering his own wife and child and having to bear their ashes permanently as a reminder of his actions, was tortured by the Furies and had to regretfully Orkos in order to free his bond from Ares, had to let go of Calliope in Elysium in order into save all of creation from annihilation, and even when he's able to kill Ares and get his revenge he's still forced to bear the memory of murdering his family and attempts suicide as a way of escaping....and all of this was in the first THREE games chronologically speaking while not even bringing up the times he lost both his mother and brother in Ghost of Sparta, and of course everything in God of War 2 and 3 where he has fallen so deep into rage and revenge that the notion of Greece being destroyed means nothing to him if the ones who wronged him are dead at his feet.

All of this doesn't depict a force of nature at work or some badass who murders entire pantheons through sheer rage, but the epitome of staring into the abyss and it staring right back at you. Yet in spite of all of this, it's truly amazing that Santa Monica Studios understands that Kratos wasn't just a mindless beast hellbent on destruction and showed a number of sympathetic and human attributes even at his absolute worst in 3...it's why I appreciate that 2018 and Ragnarok enabled Kratos to find redemption and forgiveness through the friends and family that genuinely love him for who he is as a person, and why I'm delightful that Valhalla set the record straight to the audience that Kratos isn't some mindless monster that isn't capable of remorse for his sins and wanting to become better for the sake of himself and those who give him a reason to keep living in spite of his absurdly cruel past.

So overall, while I understand David's frustration over changing preestablished characters, I cannot disagree with that more when it comes to Kratos because the development he's been able to go through in the last few games has transformed him from a monster into one of my favorite characters in fiction itself.
he's ultimately the personification of the tragic Greek hero(everything has to end in misery ) not everyone needs to be a good person/ a sad redemption arc shouldn't be for everyone. its why naruto became that meme that forgives everyone cause of input sad music and flashbacking that swingset.exe
if anything the new god games could be a new ""franchise"" not wearing kratos face for safety sales

Last edited:
he's ultimately the personification of the tragic Greek hero(everything has to end in misery ) not everyone needs to be a good person/ a sad redemption arc shouldn't be for everyone. its why naruto became that meme that forgives everyone cause of input sad music and flashbacking that swingset.exe
if anything the new god games could be a new ""franchise"" not wearing kratos face for safety sales
Those are some pretty good points to be made and I do see the merit behind people's frustration at Kratos being given the redemption arc, but to be honest....I personally believe that both versions of the character work simultaneously rather then against one another. The Greek Saga works well for Kratos narratively because the story was ultimately about a tragic Greek hero who slowly but progressively keeps losing more and more of his humanity from either constant betrayals or being treated like a tool or having to witness the deaths of the remaining people in his life who genuinely loved him, eventually accumulating with the Kratos becoming the empty and rage filled monster that shows no concern for the end of the world if it means seeing Zeus dead by the climax of God of War 3. And on the other hand the Norse Saga has worked narratively because we know what Kratos did in the past and the constant war he's at with himself from the sheer trauma and remorse for everything he's done prior to 2018, yet he is willing to keep going forward and trying to be better for the sake of himself, his son, his friends, and those who do care about Kratos regardless of his sins.

I think that's what I love about the Valhalla DLC because, not only does it do a good job at showing Kratos' actions were more complex and nuanced then he himself would care to admit, but it's also a way for Kratos to ultimately accept his past and who he was yet is no longer the monster presently and now wishes to use his past and the people around him to do better. So ultimately I feel like the Greek and Norse games compliment each other, and it makes what happens in the modern games more special to me.

Though I do respectfully disagree with the Naruto comparison because I can't really say for certain how Naruto acts since I'm not a fan of the manga, but Kratos in the Norse games will kill if it's absolutely necessary. Some examples include Baldur, who tried strangling his mother, and Heimdall, who threatened Atreus' life, despite giving both parties a number of chances to walk away because he understood the two were too lost to be given a second slate. Still these are all my opinions though so you can always agree to disagree with any of them.

Is it from my coping non-VSW origin ass, or has modern VS been wanked too much? Its unsalvageable.
Oh... just you wait until the R>F (2-A to 0) revisions have all been finalized, let's just say the Low 1-C upgrade free for all not too long ago will be a tame summer breeze compared to the catastrophic rumblings both staff and users have planned in the future... (High 1-A Marvel and 1-B Ben 10 were essentially the appetizers to the full transcendent courses that are on their way).

Oh... just you wait until the R>F (2-A to 0) revisions have all been finalized, let's just say the Low 1-C upgrade free for all not too long ago will be a tame summer breeze compared to the catastrophic rumblings both staff and users have planned in the future... (High 1-A Marvel and 1-B Ben 10 were essentially the appetizers to the full transcendent courses that are on their way).
Havent they been done? There are new 1-A shenanigans coming up tho. EDIT: Ah yes, Tiers 2-A to 0, these are the ones coming up.

We already got Tier 1 DBS & Game Sonic, shit will get dumb.

Havent they been done? There are new 1-A shenanigans coming up tho. EDIT: Ah yes, Tiers 2-A to 0, these are the ones coming up.

We already got Tier 1 DBS & Game Sonic, shit will get dumb.
Can't wait for at least 1-B likey High 0-A The Real World cosmology.

Being consistently facetious aside this is some meta level monkeys paw shenanigans going on.

Is it from my coping non-VSW origin ass, or has modern VS been wanked too much? Its unsalvageable.
Meh, I think it's always been this way tbh....the only difference is that Death Battle, and some popular power scaling Youtubers, made the arguments mainstream and more wide spread compared to what they use to be like. Really I feel like that only now do we see the cracks because it's become easier to see it.

And I don't got an issue with it, power scaling can be subjective and or if the evidence is consistent and from legitimate sources then why's it a detriment if people scale these characters high to begin with?

You know this might be a hot take, but I'm going to give my honest thoughts: I would rather take VBW wank over to YouTube or TikTok wank every day of the week because at least there's a structure and set of rules in place to the system as opposed to the Wild West that is both apps' landscapes. Like, just recently, I saw a comment from a Kratos vs Asura video on YouTube where someone scaled Asura to ******* Tier 0 because of the heavy inspiration Asura's Wrath takes from Hinduism and not understanding that just because a series has something it doesn't mean it's one to one equal with what it was based off of.

That and things like Outerversal Dragon Ball, Omnipotent Godzilla, Tier 0 Toon Force characters, and anything to do with Saitama are things that are infinitely more ******** then anything which could possibly come from this wiki. That's not to say this place is perfect, hell no, but it beats anything I've seen from YouTube or TikTok

Thats why I generalize Modern VS, its bad elsewhere as well.

Also if Meta shit makes 1-A soon, then someone might try it with Dr. Slump stuff so 1-A Dragon Ball is coming up baybeeeeee lol

Thats why I generalize Modern VS, its bad elsewhere as well.

Also if Meta shit makes 1-A soon, then someone might try it with Dr. Slump stuff so 1-A Dragon Ball is coming up baybeeeeee lol
Well it's not going to be easy for DB since the standards are actually going to be stricter due to the new R>F standards requiring three main requisites in order to qualify afaik: It has to be an actual R>F difference so that means anything which even somewhat implies it isn't will get thrown out the window, your existence has to be so transcendent that you have to effectively reduce yourself in existence to interact with the "fictional" realm in question, and IIRC it has to be shown that the "fictional" characters can't interact with the "real" entity unless they originate from there and even then still be weaker.

In fact these new standards will actually result in a couple of verse and character downgrades, some examples but probably the most notable one is Looney Tunes due to failing to qualify under points two and three. So really expect a lot to get hit hard by the new system

In fact these new standards will actually result in a couple of verse and character downgrades, some examples but probably the most notable one is Looney Tunes due to failing to qualify under points two and three. So really expect a lot to get hit hard by the new system
I don´t think it will downgrade Looney Tunes, but they will lose their R>F transcendence and stay with a fifth dimension

Back