• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The debate being that way makes it more enjoyable in my eyes. A tedious debate is better than an obvious outcome.
Actually I may have downplayed Makima's opponent. His defensive hax is insane since the logic of the universe bends itself backwards to leave him unharmed from any attack while hitting his opponent with "calamities". Also he never attacks and wins by doing absolutely nothing aside from letting his passive hax kill people with said calamities. Makima has no wincons aside from mind control unless you wank Bang. Either way it's a stomp.

See this as Jafar vs Maleficent but worse

Oh yeah any actually good Chainsaw Man matchup?
Hey, at least Jafar and Maleficent have potentially fun interactions to work with. Plus, it's only a stomp if you let Jafar use his Genie form, and even that would require some creativity given the "no killing" rule he'd have to deal with...

16988772140398940408294251456069.jpg
Isn't The Darkness like Universal+ in the comics? Because if this was before King in Black a few years then Jackie would stomp Venom, but Venom's upgrades with the Enigma Force and his future counterpart as the Eventuality makes it such a horrific stomp in Venom's favor. That is unless DB doesn't scale Venom to Knull, which would be BS given Venom dominated the guy and forced him into the sun.

Isn't The Darkness like Universal+ in the comics? Because if this was before King in Black a few years then Jackie would stomp Venom, but Venom's upgrades with the Enigma Force and his future counterpart as the Eventuality makes it such a horrific stomp in Venom's favor. That is unless DB doesn't scale Venom to Knull, which would be BS given Venom dominated the guy and forced him into the sun.
Meh idc about it being a stomp because it's the only MU for Venom that actually justifys using KIB if we ever have to bring Venom back

Plus like you can make it seem somewhat close to normies to an extent

It's thematically good but the debate is dogshit because both sides have stupidly op defensive hax so it's incon or Makima instawins with mind control.
Why exactly would mind control help Makima? Can she control concepts? WoU is also a fairly autonomous Stand so I don't think she can control Tooru and make it back off.

The God Bone is not a wincon. Scooby can just devour it in cartoon fashion. He's also not a typical dog if you go with the Annunaki storyline. And he's resisted mental stuff before anyways, even something that could affect Shaggy who also has resistance feats.

I'm like 90% sure Scooby should win this.

Minor pet peeve with MUs that I know can't always be helped, but still annoys me:

Matchup is thematic and good and all...But one character has some sort of signature ability/gimmick that is completely negged or has no value against the opponent. (And not as in an AP or speed difference means the ability just doesn't connect or do anything, but that the ability itself is completely inapplicable)

Feels like it guts some of the identity out of the matchup.

Minor pet peeve with MUs that I know can't always be helped, but still annoys me:

Matchup is thematic and good and all...But one character has some sort of signature ability/gimmick that is completely negged or has no value against the opponent. (And not as in an AP or speed difference means the ability just doesn't connect or do anything, but that the ability itself is completely inapplicable)

Feels like it guts some of the identity out of the matchup.
So Asta Vs Deku essentially?

The God Bone is not a wincon. Scooby can just devour it in cartoon fashion. He's also not a typical dog if you go with the Annunaki storyline. And he's resisted mental stuff before anyways, even something that could affect Shaggy who also has resistance feats.

This is the season of upsets remember?

This is the season of upsets remember?
Upsets like everyone think Courage wins this but it is Scooby-Doo?

Reminds me how Darth Vader is cheated a W by Obito Uchiha by wanking a tier 6 feat to tier 5 and let the hax GG steam train roll, how Bill Cipher wins over Discord via "meh higher dimension scaling" and "better soul regeneration" and "more brutality", and how Frieza wins over Megatron by barring Japan G1 materials.

DB is so bad with vg MUs that Joycap might avoid Shulk vs Lightning lmao
Imagine Sora vs Shulk happens instead over Shulk vs Lightning because of this.

Or Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia first then vs Yugi Muto. - hold it what type of character do you classify Yugi Muto as?

Something 4-B possibly low 2-C Scooby vs High 4-C Courage?

Oh yeah any actually good Chainsaw Man matchup?
Aside from Denji VS Yuji, There's Aki VS Megumi. I remember hearing about a match regarding Kishibe but i don't remember what it was.
Sad.
Given how Chainsaw Man is somehow rivalling Jujitsu Kaisen in popularity (at least it was), it looks weird how Jujitsu Kaisen has so many matchups with different characters from other verses while Chainsaw Man matchups are almost just Denji and Makima.

Back