• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just really hate how they conveniently didn’t mention soooo many things that would let Discord pretty much instantly win. Having actual good time stop which unlike Bill’s stops sentient beings, Conceptual Manipulation to complete erase Bill conceptually, Existence Erasure to wipe out Bill, they kinda just hand waved away MLP magic affecting spirits so Discord could kill his soul, having way better mind Manip and being able to completely rewrite Bill’s entire personality, and being able to shut off Bill’s powers in the mindscape. They were really stretching for a Bill W.
Exactly.

I feared this would happen. Literally the worst outcome for me was Bill winning and for the verdict to be such ass that's easily refuted.

Discord has better displays of most abilities than Bill and is more creative with them. He has actual experience against people just like him while Bill doesn't. He just has lived a long time. All Bill really has as a tertiary factor is maybe intelligence but that's really it. And he'll I'd debate that, because in spite of all his bluffing Bill's 'near omniscience" amounts to him getting outsmarted by some kids and their uncles and we barely ever see him actually do anything smart. Maybe he knows math equations okay but how does this help him against a fight where being crafty and manipulative are far better traits?

Making up lies about Discord of how he can't match Bill's ability to affect souls and delete them is dumb since magic has effected spirits and also because we can't even be sure those were people's souls in the mindscape? I dunno it feels weird to call that soul stuff when it's in the mind. Dream avatars aren't really a soul and literally everyone could do it. Does Dipper have NPI and potential soul destruction for that shit?

It just feels like they tried to make up some things for Bill to have over Discord in a stats equalized scenario when they really believed Bill to be Infinitely stronger cause they buy 5D or even higher.

Last edited:

It just feels like they tried to make up some things for Bill to have over Discord in a stats equalized scenario when they really believed Bill to be Infinitely stronger cause they buy 5D or even higher.
They didn't they only said that both had arguments for higher dimensional but if you went that route, bills were better

so just rewatched the fight
perhaps it was just me being so swallowed up by the debating scene that I didn't get the change to fully process the fight
BUT HOLY SHIT! THAT WAS AMAZING!

Discord totally won the fight in the long term
"it was...worth a try. but still hehe, I'm surprised that you failed to recognise. your old home!" (cuts to the dimension all around them shattering from Discords elaberated scheme)
"no!..NOO!"

this is an ending on par with Magneto vs Tetsuou, Jonathan vs Tanjiro, All Might vs Might Guy
bitter sweet ending

anti black adam'd

I don't think that would change the fact that they think it's a bitch move and makes them all look like chickens... in their opinions.
Yeah like..any matchup with highly popular characters or that's known for being a legacy matchup will only inevitably have people being toxic, it's just what versus debating can insight sadly, but the matter of the fact is you shouldn't let a (vocal) minority push you away from providing serious responses to genuine good people, debaters that simply want elaberation.

Put it another way, you shouldn't let yourself get put off just because of a few bad apples.

I don't mean this to sound like 'cope' because I'm in the camp who is also not agreeing with this outcome but...I'm just really not enjoying this season.

There's animation moments and fights that have been outstanding, don't get me wrong, but there's just so much that's killing the hype for me.

The 'Vs Debate' aspect of this Vs Debate Show has been a little on the lacking side for a lot of these battles. Stances I don't agree with as well as things just not being well explained, or well presented in the episodes themselves. I feel we've had a few 'Golden Tree' moments that have felt kinda cheap for how they present their debate: I was watching a few reactions (cringe, I know), and in particular I noticed Chosenborn and Gutsmitri seemed to be confusing casuals, a handful of people didn't understand what the wincon was until vital info was dropped in the post.

And ontop of that, with fights being controversial or confusing, the post analysis sections haven't just been lacking, but so have the QnA's. Some we're just not getting at all for some particularly contested results, while the Chosenborn one was just a massive meme that didn't explain anything in an already pretty barebones analysis and post-analysis...Especially given how much content the characters have to go over.

And on animation, while there have been some REALLY high highs, they're tempered with stuff I'm either just really not interested in or think is outright bad. MMvSS's ending is fantastic, one of my favorites ever...But the full fight? It's kinda boring to me, with a few direction choices I actively disliked.

And back on the QnA side...It just feels like everyone's miserable this season, staff included. It's just this aura of people being upset, annoyed, or outright angry at each other. The crew seem like they're just completely over it all (for justified reasons, Vader Vs. Orbito wasn't fun for anyone), but it really gives this lifeless feeling of 'Why are we bothering?'

Also semi-unpopular, but I'm not enjoying the music. I don't hate it, I only think it's 'serviceable'. Other than Chosenborn's, I keep going back to that one, that one's one of my favorites the show's ever had.

I got one of my main verses on the show, I've gotten a few VERY hype animation moments, but all in all? The season's feeling like a slog where I'm not enjoying it, and I look around and see a bunch of unhappy people and it makes that feeling worse...

It sucks. I don't post much and I wanted to turn that around. Start giving my thoughts and participating more here instead of lurking. But...This just hasn't felt like the season for it. And I'm just disappointed and don't know what to do with that feeling...

Alright I’ve complained enough, time for some positivity. While I disagree with the outcome, this is still easily my favorite battle this season, the music was a great track and their battle of insults was fun to listen to, even if it’s hard to hear during the battle itself. The creative use of their reality warping is good to see and they really nailed their personalities well. I’m really glad they did the Saitama Vs Popeye thing of switching up the animation styles, was very fun to see, they even went into the sock puppet dimension Discord almost threw Tree Hugger into lol. And the ending was a very nice sending off for Discord, the crazy Lord of Chaos he is, using his final act to both send a letter to Fluttershy and the others, and screw over Bill at the same time. Love ya Discord, never change

Alright I’ve complained enough, time for some positivity. While I disagree with the outcome, this is still easily my favorite battle this season, the music was a great track and their battle of insults was fun to listen to, even if it’s hard to hear during the battle itself. The creative use of their reality warping is good to see and they really nailed their personalities well. I’m really glad they did the Saitama Vs Popeye thing of switching up the animation styles, was very fun to see, they even went into the sock puppet dimension Discord almost threw Tree Hugger into lol. And the ending was a very nice sending off for Discord, the crazy Lord of Chaos he is, using his final act to both send a letter to Fluttershy and the others, and screw over Bill at the same time. Love ya Discord, never change

While I disagree with it being a favorite, I agree with pretty much a good portion of your post. It was refreshing to see reality warping used in ways that was creative, and loved how they characterized Discord, even making it so he won the war even when he lost the battle. That and I probably will still listen to the soundtrack

Huh, TIL you can get banned for posting Discord on /co/.

Hunter is kinda right. Sth about this season has been... off?

Ignoring what verdicts are right, and even that most eps are really good technically, it feels like there is an increased amount of hate in this season of DB. Not only from hearing whispers that researchers are being harassed, which then leads to less QnAs, which then lead to more harassing, a lot of different subsections of DB fandom have hate a lot this season.

AntAtom & MMHSS being more tired capers, KilluaMisaka being "literal who?" complaints, casuals been bewildered by DSSkyrim & GutsDimitri, extreme hate for VaderObito & PhoenixRaven. ******* StitchRocket is like the least hated ep this season and I actually kinda wanna bring up Hunter's point, that even if I like Stitch win, the verdict is honestly very lacking.

S9 had some hate, but there has been a lot of misery here compared to that. And that sucks.

uhm, here is something
“Death battle members I wanted to let you guys know that discord still won since he sealed bill off, bill will die from the nightmare realm being destroyed, and discord will resurrect again”

That's all he wanted to post.
Don't know why but eh. Its not hurting anyone to share thoughts.

Hunter is kinda right. Sth about this season has been... off?

Ignoring what verdicts are right, and even that most eps are really good technically, it feels like there is an increased amount of hate in this season of DB. Not only from hearing whispers that researchers are being harassed, which then leads to less QnAs, which then lead to more harassing, a lot of different subsections of DB fandom have hate a lot this season.

AntAtom & MMHSS being more tired capers, KilluaMisaka being "literal who?" complaints, casuals been bewildered by DSSkyrim & GutsDimitri, extreme hate for VaderObito & PhoenixRaven. ***** StitchRocket is like the least hated ep this season and I actually kinda wanna bring up Hunter's point, that even if I like Stitch win, the verdict is honestly very lacking.

S9 had some hate, but there has been a lot of misery here compared to that. And that sucks.
Ok I'm back for this, then I'm bugging off again.

I am in agreement that this season has just been one drama after the other and I think it's starting to weigh on the cast and audience. Nothing that a strong second half-of-the-season can't fix, but it is noticeable. I want to add that I shouldn't have been so dismissive about the episode itself though. While I may believe the verdict is supremely wrong, I can still appreciate the hard work that goes into the animation and research, which I assume is a lot.

This losing streak ******* sucks bros.

I'm an Ash supporter. I think speed and potential hax with Gengar could get Ash the win potentially. It's definitely closer than people would think imo.

uhm, here is something
“Death battle members I wanted to let you guys know that discord still won since he sealed bill off, bill will die from the nightmare realm being destroyed, and discord will resurrect again”

That's all he wanted to post.
Don't know why but eh. Its not hurting anyone to share thoughts.
Not trying to sound rude in anyway just curious, so Pokemonfan807 one of the writers? that would make a lot of sense narratively.

Even if he wasn't the narrative implication still makes sense.

Back