• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight I've sent Ky vs Saber track by Skye but I forgot about this shit right here, this makes Hedge of Tomorrow sound like a joke imho

I know that the Edge of Tomorrow singer is too screamy... but vocalist here did not work for me.

It doesnt even pop off as hard with instruments.

While references in tracks can be neat, I prefer EoT using less than here. Sometimes being more original is great.

Also gonna ask this what characters benefit of not being DB yet
In the sense of hey they got new shit now that makes a lot more interesting to use than before?

As In idc for them getting on to now I want to see them on

I would say Piccolo benefit the most from it
Arguably Travis Touchdown, though you could say it's actually the reverse. His upgrades make his main MU a complete stomp now, whereas if he'd been in earlier seasons, Travis vs Scott could've been fire.

Also gonna ask this what characters benefit of not being DB yet
In the sense of hey they got new shit now that makes a lot more interesting to use than before?

As In idc for them getting on to now I want to see them on

I would say Piccolo benefit the most from it
Peter Griffin also benefits mad hard

bro got so much more hax from the time the debate was popular

I mean Raven at her peak of her powers is above the likes of MMH
Tho I do agree they shot themselves in the foot in regards to Phoenix vs Raven
If you have thought last 3 years or so of DB's Marvel & DC stats have been right, but only now question it that Raven is as strong as Phoenix Force? Hate to break it to you, but its the natural conclusion of their thought of logic. The scaling to Raven is really not as far fetched compared to stuff they have done previously.
At this point, Marvel vs DC can honestly be a hassle to go through if if it's a herald fight, barring a few outliers

Last edited:
I know that the Edge of Tomorrow singer is too screamy... but vocalist here did not work for me.

It doesnt even pop off as hard with instruments.

While references in tracks can be neat, I prefer EoT using less than here. Sometimes being more original is great.
I should probably adress this first: My problem with the vocalist is not that he screams, I am perfectly fine with comically high-pitched vocals, I listen to death metal daily lol (though the growl vocals are more common, bands like Atheist and later Death for example have screaming vocals), my problem is that his screaming just sucks, it sounds forced and pretty weak for me.
And personally, instrumentally Hope Absolute sounds way better for me, the riff sounds cooler, the guitar has a better tone and overall it just sounds better... For me.
At the end of the day music is still very subjective and I've probably wasted my time explaining why I find this track to sound better, it basically boils down to personal preference.

I should probably adress this first: My problem with the vocalist is not that he screams, I am perfectly fine with comically high-pitched vocals, I listen to death metal daily lol (though the growl vocals are more common, bands like Atheist and later Death for example have screaming vocals), my problem is that his screaming just sucks, it sounds forced and pretty weak for me.
And personally, instrumentally Hope Absolute sounds way better for me, the riff sounds cooler, the guitar has a better tone and overall it just sounds better... For me.
At the end of the day music is still very subjective and I've probably wasted my time explaining why I find this track to sound better, it basically boils down to personal preference.
Fair, personally that Skye track was kinda meh while EoT is one of the goated DB tracks.

Also bringing that up just made it feel like more DB bashing, "waah God's Hand not good and so aint EoT" and not in a fun way. God forbid we are gonna get views fear mongering for the rest of the season at this rate as well lol

Weekly before his demise spoke of island level OW, but I wouldn’t know since I don’t get into the lore of the series. He could’ve been speaking out of his ass for all I know
Weekly also did a bunch of hit job downgrades on TF2 to make OW characters more powerful so there’s that. They’re probably stronger than the site puts them tbh
Realistically if we wank the series to the maximum

Overwatch has Town level scaling via DVA's Mech bomb and Titan Omnic blasts
Possibly City Level as I recall Sigma has a City destroying statement or two plus the whole "Most Dangerous weapon Talon has" statement which I guess could put him above nukes

Speed wise they have easy Hypersonic with arguable Massively Hypersonic and Massively FTL speeds via Winston's Tesla and the processing speed of some Omnics reactions being in the Picoseconds

TF2 has solid Small Building to low end City block level scaling with some of their weirder feats and if you factor in the Man Melter calcs you can get that up to Upper City Level and even Island Level

Speed wise there are a handful of Supersonic+ calcs out there and if we go with the whole in game speed measurement system you end up with Relativistic Mercs, Scout also has a Light Dodging feat if I remember correctly

So wanked to the max I'd argue TF2 has the Higher AP while Overwatch has the higher speed

Who would win? My money would be on Mercs since they have a buttload of abilities and crazy combat feats to rely on while Overwatch doesnt really go into to much depth for every single character

Also bringing that up just made it feel like more DB bashing, "waah God's Hand not good and so aint EoT" and not in a fun way. God forbid we are gonna get views fear mongering for the rest of the season at this rate as well lol
Sorry, if I don't like the track I will just say that I don't like it, alot of people here liked God's Hand too, I am not taking away your rights to like God's Hand or Hedge of Tomorrow or some other DB track that I find mediocre.
Plus at this point I don't care about music in DB, did I like the tracks for Guts vs Dimitri and Trunks vs Silver? No. Did I like the episodes? No shit, lol.

Sorry, if I don't like the track I will just say that I don't like it, alot of people here liked God's Hand too, I am not taking away your rights to like God's Hand or Hedge of Tomorrow or some other DB track that I find mediocre.
Plus at this point I don't care about music in DB, did I like the tracks for Guts vs Dimitri and Trunks vs Silver? No. Did I like the episodes? No shit, lol.
Yeah its fine to like and not like anything but going against greatly popular things will make eyebrows raise. Tho it is too early for God's Hand to say where it lands

Music tbh is the most consistent good thing about DB nowadays. So I care lol

Realistically if we wank the series to the maximum

Overwatch has Town level scaling via DVA's Mech bomb and Titan Omnic blasts
Possibly City Level as I recall Sigma has a City destroying statement or two plus the whole "Most Dangerous weapon Talon has" statement which I guess could put him above nukes

Speed wise they have easy Hypersonic with arguable Massively Hypersonic and Massively FTL speeds via Winston's Tesla and the processing speed of some Omnics reactions being in the Picoseconds

TF2 has solid Small Building to low end City block level scaling with some of their weirder feats and if you factor in the Man Melter calcs you can get that up to Upper City Level and even Island Level

Speed wise there are a handful of Supersonic+ calcs out there and if we go with the whole in game speed measurement system you end up with Relativistic Mercs, Scout also has a Light Dodging feat if I remember correctly

So wanked to the max I'd argue TF2 has the Higher AP while Overwatch has the higher speed

Who would win? My money would be on Mercs since they have a buttload of abilities and crazy combat feats to rely on while Overwatch doesnt really go into to much depth for every single character
OverFortress is goofy

The scaling to Raven is really not as far fetched compared to stuff they have done previously.
Here's the problem though; it is more far fetched compared with what they've done previously.

Zatanna being able to scale to Scarlet Witch's level is somewhat believable, Wanda isn't the be-all-end-all of Marvel. While I still have my problems with that fight, it doesn't hold a candle to Raven vs Phoenix. The Phoenix force is literally top 3 in Marvel right now, there's no way Raven, who isn't breaking top 10 of DC, is dunking on the entirety of Marvel cosmology.

The Phoenix force is literally top 3 in Marvel right now, there's no way Raven, who isn't breaking top 10 of DC, is dunking on the entirety of Marvel cosmology.
Strongest character in Marvel:
p1DykktRIM3d_VtHp4x1vsCYorfamVrXO-jmS9gZG0aG-4WY5D-4fH5pb-FQni-l5ffolookwHPgNAOHhCxHH81zZptmfl4qz26jhx7uqHuTTQOlA0eogHrq6EeMtuxgMDJApfrmp6oTm9TtZeLNxRQ

Weakest characters in DC:
The Cops who arrested Thanos vs the Muggers who mugged Darkseid :  r/whowouldwin

Checkmate muhvelloids :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Tonight I've sent Ky vs Saber track by Skye but I forgot about this shit right here, this makes Hedge of Tomorrow sound like a joke imho

I would still say Hedge of Tomorrow is way better.
But I can respect the composer and the vocalist. I do expect them to do better.

Arguably Travis Touchdown, though you could say it's actually the reverse. His upgrades make his main MU a complete stomp now, whereas if he'd been in earlier seasons, Travis vs Scott could've been fire.
Yes...
But at least we can still expect Travis drop "that line".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back