• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unironically one of them and the other is jerk dad. I can’t think of anything else because it’s been so long since I’ve seen Johnnys show
Yeah people like Gon, Timmy, Gumball, Dexter/Dee Dee, and Bravo are much better options for Test.

Ben Tennyson surprisingly isn't that bad of an option, either. Plus, am I the only one who realizes that Ben and Test have similar drip?

Holy shit you’re right
dfkeusx-7c725798-a9ef-4246-a23d-811c516f4be7.png
dcy6j0o-612c5ff9-10d3-41f7-a199-d45ac3a19b68.png

Like this can't just be a coincidence, right?

Yeah, Gon vs Johnny is actually his best matchup. It has walls of connections and contrasts.
I have to admit I was bullshitting. I don't know who they are.
I might've chose the wrong image for Test, but it's crazy how similar their outfits are.

Black t-shirt, short-sleeved jacket, baggy green pants, a black watch, and black and white shoes.
They're similar because a T-shirt + Shorts is peak teenage male performance for male teens. Every male teen wants to wear a t-shirt and a short, it's in their nature.

I have to admit I was bullshitting. I don't know who they are.
1. Spiky hair.
2. Naive and overly trusting.
3. Terrible at math.
4. Dealt with self-absorbed maniacs who are very similar to clowns.
5. Accompanied by a smarter best friend.
6. Asshole dads.

These are their connections.
We did, actually.
:mad:

TBF, Gon unironically takes a LOT of Ls.
Fair enough. Common Johnny W.

From today's Ballot Banter
Epic Battle Fantasy Crew VS The Warriors of Light (Epic Battle Fantasy VS 8-Bit Theater)- Liam liked 8-Bit Theater as a teenager, but none of them are familiar with Epic Battle Fantasy. They seem indifferent to the matchup.

Genie VS Jorgen (Aladdin VS The Fairly Oddparents)- Liam likes it, but notes that it might be in poor taste since Robin Williams didn’t like how Disney used the Genie in marketing. Sam says it’s fun, and that he thinks the Genie wins, which causes some debate about who wins (the Genie can’t kill anybody with his magic, but he should outstat if they give him Kingdom Hearts scaling).

Kai VS Tanjiro (Ninjago VS Demon Slayer)- Sam notes that they get a lot of requests for Ninjago matchups. This leads to DJ commenting about there being a new generation of Death Battle watchers, and the possibility of a Fortnite episode being raised. There’s also some debate about the physiology of LEGO characters.

Vilgax VS Megatron (Ben 10 VS Transformers)- Sam thinks it could be pretty fun. Liam says Vilgax is high-tier, but not as powerful as Alien X. The possibility of giving Vilgax the Chronosapien Time Bomb is raised, but so is the argument that it wouldn’t work on Megatron because he lacks DNA.

Flippy VS Chucky (Happy Tree Friends VS Child’s Play)- They don’t really talk about the matchup itself, just Child’s Play traumatizing DJ and Erin as kids, and Happy Tree Friends being kinda dated.

Shulk VS Lightning (Xenoblade Chronicles VS Final Fantasy XIII)- Sam says it’s the leading choice for both characters and it’s “got a good chance”. DJ also points out that Xenoblade Chronicles has finished its story as of the DLC for Xenoblade 3.

Azrael VS Kenpachi (Blazblue VS Bleach)- Liam thinks it’s great, outside of the possibility that Kenpachi loses and Bleach goes 0-3 (which John seems pretty certain is what would happen).

Pyke VS Scorpion (League of Legends VS Mortal Kombat)- Sam notes that using Scorpion is weird because most opponents don’t have a counter to just being teleported to the Netherrealm. Liam points out the Wolf from Sekiro does, and makes some more comments indicating he really likes Scorpion VS Wolf as a matchup. Everyone still thinks Pyke VS Scorpion is fun, though, and Sam would like to do more LoL episodes.

Courier Six VS Zora Salazar (Fallout VS Epithet Erased)- Liam wants Fallout (specifically New Vegas) in DB. DJ objects to RPG mechanics being canon in Fallout (which was claimed in the connections). They think the matchup is fun regardless.

Gyrus Axelei VS Trace Legacy (Room of Swords VS Twokinds)- DJ has seen Room of Swords (and thinks it fell off over time), but none of them seem familiar with Twokinds.

Megumi VS Tokoyami (Jujutsu Kaisen VS My Hero Academia)- Liam likes Megumi a lot (and says he wants a good Nobara MU). John also says the MU’s neat.

Eren Jaeger VS Optimus Prime (Attack on Titan VS Bayverse Transformers)- They gloss over it because they’ve discussed it before, but “it is pretty cool”.

Moro VS Tirek (Dragon Ball VS My Little Pony)- DJ doesn’t like either character, but thinks it’s a good matchup. Sam isn’t sure about doing “villain of the month” characters from Dragon Ball, and thinks they should stick to more impactful characters.

Crash Bandicoot VS Donkey Kong- Sam says it “could be a banger”. He and Liam want to do it in 3D with their dated PS1/N64 models (whereas John suggests sprite animation with their GBA and SNES sprites). They all think DK stomps.

Satsuki Kiryuin VS Seto Kaiba (Kill la Kill VS Yu-Gi-Oh)- DJ wants Kaiba in a Death Battle. Everyone thinks Gary Oak is a better matchup for Kaiba, though.

Puss in Boots VS Mao Mao- None of them are familiar with Mao Mao (Liam jokes that Mao Mao is a character that exclusively exists in Death Battle thumbnails). Sam does say it seems like a good matchup, and everyone gushes about how good Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is.

Ash and Pikachu VS Kiyo and Zatch (Pokemon VS Zatch Bell)- It was John’s most wanted MU before he worked for the show. DJ prefers Ash VS Yugi, but thinks this is a good alt. Sam wants Ash and Pikachu in DB, and it’s pointed out that Ash actually has quite a few good feats.

Hulk VS Godzilla- DJ says he’s pretty sure they’ve crossed over in the comics before, and they all seem pretty confident the Hulk wins, but Sam agrees a “radioactive monster fight” would be cool.

Orochimaru VS Medusa (Naruto VS Soul Eater)- DJ thinks it’s sick, and he and John both really like Orochimaru as a character. They’re not sure who wins, but seem to be leaning towards Orochimaru. Both characters have the ability to take over people’s bodies, which could lead to an interesting situation in the fight.

Taylor Hebert VS Vin Venture (Parahumans VS Mistborn)- “Chad will know what the **** Mistborn is”. Nobody who’s actually present has heard of either character or franchise.

Nova Terra VS Samus Aran (StarCraft VS Metroid)- Sam calls it “some wild shit”. Nova can call down a nuclear bomb, but, without that, Samus wins easily. DJ wants to look into Metroid again, saying that and Resident Evil are the two franchises he most wants to revisit. Sam thinks one of the Protoss Zealots VS The Arbiter is the best choice for bringing StarCraft into DB.

Homelander VS Red Keeper (The Boys VS Ranger Reject)- DJ’s the only one who knows anything about Ranger Reject, but they think it’s a fun, thematic matchup.

Princess Morbucks VS Bling Bling Boy (The Powerpuff Girls VS Johnny Test)- John seems very enthusiastic about this one, saying Bling Bling Boy stands more of a chance than you’d think, though Princess should still win. Based on John’s description, Sam thinks it sounds like “a very niche banger".

First matchup for the next Ballot Banter is Vile VS Omega Red (Mega Man X VS Marvel Comics).

Princess Morbucks VS Bling Bling Boy (The Powerpuff Girls VS Johnny Test)- John seems very enthusiastic about this one, saying Bling Bling Boy stands more of a chance than you’d think, though Princess should still win. Based on John’s description, Sam thinks it sounds like “a very niche banger".
If they're going to do a PPG vs JT episode, Buttercup vs Johnny Test was right there.

This is still a really good MU.

Flippy VS Chucky (Happy Tree Friends VS Child’s Play)- They don’t really talk about the matchup itself, just Child’s Play traumatizing DJ and Erin as kids, and Happy Tree Friends being kinda dated.
Eren Jaeger VS Optimus Prime (Attack on Titan VS Bayverse Transformers)- They gloss over it because they’ve discussed it before, but “it is pretty cool”.
Satsuki Kiryuin VS Seto Kaiba (Kill la Kill VS Yu-Gi-Oh)- DJ wants Kaiba in a Death Battle. Everyone thinks Gary Oak is a better matchup for Kaiba, though.
Orochimaru VS Medusa (Naruto VS Soul Eater)- DJ thinks it’s sick, and he and John both really like Orochimaru as a character. They’re not sure who wins, but seem to be leaning towards Orochimaru. Both characters have the ability to take over people’s bodies, which could lead to an interesting situation in the fight.
Taking a liking to all of these MUs.

From today's Ballot Banter
Epic Battle Fantasy Crew VS The Warriors of Light (Epic Battle Fantasy VS 8-Bit Theater)- Liam liked 8-Bit Theater as a teenager, but none of them are familiar with Epic Battle Fantasy. They seem indifferent to the matchup.
HOLY **** HAHAHAHAHA EPIC BATTLE FANTASY GOT MENTIONED AAAAAAA
Puss in Boots VS Mao Mao- None of them are familiar with Mao Mao (Liam jokes that Mao Mao is a character that exclusively exists in Death Battle thumbnails). Sam does say it seems like a good matchup, and everyone gushes about how good Puss in Boots: The Last Wish is.
I agree with this sentiment, some of the characters Death Battle fans constantly hype up are literal "who's?" That I never heard of outside of powerscaling.

Pretty much any bratty, spoiled, rich kid fits, though I like Princess Morbucks the most. The interactions Bling-Bling and Morbucks could have would be a lot of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back