• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Hypothesis: Mister Fantastic VS Monkey D. Luffy

Stefano4444

He/Him
Fantastic luffy

Taking inspiration from The Real Eugene Sims with his thread, i decided to make another hypothesis thread for a future Death Battle episode, this time with a match between this two elastic guys.

Who do you think would win, or more accurately, what do you think DB's verdict would be?

Strawboi said:
What does Richard start with?
Probably he would first try to submit him by restrains him with his elastic powers.

But since that isn't going to be enough, he would then start to fight seriously using his elasticity at his full capacities while using his intelligence to analyse Luffy's abilties and form strategies to defeat him.

At least, this is what i think he would do realistically.

I think they would scale Reed to Johnny or Ben, giving him a massive AP advantage over Luffy. They'd use King Kong Gun to get his maximum power to increase the difference (unless it happens once OP is done).

Since DB usually doesn't allow prep Reed likely wouldn't have access to his most powerful gadgets and what not.

Sound unlikely, Ben had always be portray as the strongest F4 member in term of physical strength by a large margin, and Reed is usually show as weaker (not comparable), so i don't think they would scale Mr. Fantasic and The Thing.

Same with Johnny, since the latter isn't strong in terms of physical strength but in terms of destructive power with his fire power, which like in the case before shouldn't scale to Mr. Fantastic in anyway possible.

Still, i do think that Mr. Fantastic's Durability would scale to them, since he has be consistently show to take attacks from them and from far stronger characters than himself, so in that regard of Durability he does scale to their AP.

Anyway, this is what i think their verdict would be overall.

Speed: Luffy

He had simply more impressive speed feats than Reed (reacting to to Pacifista's Lasers, outruns a huge liquid explosion) and via scaling from other characters with more impressive speed feats (Nami and Usopp dodging lightning bolts, Doflaming reacting to meteors).

Durability: Reed

Since he has consistently show to be able to survive attacks from characters far stronger than Luffy like the Thing (a character stronger than Grey Hulk, who could destroy a large meteor bigger than Earth) or Cyclops (which optic blasts can shatter small planets), and also because he could tank a massive antimatter-explosion.

Strength/Destructive Power: Draw, possible Luffy

This is hard, there isn't many feats that can easily determinate which is stronger, Mr. Fantastic did hold a billions of tons mountain in Secret War with Hulk's help, but Luffy could lift a small mountain too even when he was still badly injured after the Marineford War.

In term of scaling, Mr. Fantastic did restrains the Hulk and Ben but they aren't that valid since with Hulk it was a team effort while Ben wouldn't probably try to harm Reed since they're friends, although he did broke through Invisible Woman's shield (when he was mind controlled) and Namor, Luffy instead should in theory easily scale to Zoro who had be calculated to be City level (via him cutting Mountain Pica in half).

And this without taking intro account Luffy Gear 4th and Reed Buff Form.

Stamina/Endurance: Luffy

Luffy without doubt, since he could fight at Marineford even after all the pain and damage he had to suffer back in Impel Down thanks of Magellan, and because he could keep fighting Cracker for days (and he also scale to characters who can fight for days like Jinbe and Ace).

Intelligence: Reed

Also Reed without doubt, and i don't need to explain why this is the case.

Abilities/Techniques: Luffy

Mostly via Haki, which grant Luffy way more versatility and hax in comparation to Reed, since with Observation Haki Luffy would be capable to predict Reed's attacks, while with Armament Haki he will always protect himself from Reed's blows.

Although i do think that Reed's Elasticity is superior to Luffy's Elasticity (with the only expection in Range), since it allow him to shape and change his body in far more ways than Luffy.

Combat Skills: Luffy

Luffy without doubt, he had training since he was a small boy thanks of Garp and he keep doing it, Reed's combat skills just pale in comparation.

Combat Experience: Draw, possible Reed

This is also hard to say, Luffy may have start to fight since he was a little kid but Reed had still fought again more impressive foes and way more times.

I think Reed's main problem is Luffy's Blunt Force Resistance which he doesn't have. He has less offensive options in CQC, being less skilled and versatile, and Luffy's resistance would be a pain to him.

While Reed would be considered much more durable, he has a weakness against Fire based attacks.

The Calaca said:
I think Reed's main problem is Luffy's Blunt Force Resistance which he doesn't have.
Well, there is always the possibility that they would consider both Luffy and Reed nearly immune (or better highly resistent) to blunt damage, due of their elastic bodies.

I'd need to see how death battle handles another One Piece character. While they have greatly changed and improved in terms of their analysis regarding stats, scaling Ect.

And since some of the team I'm close with are interested in One Piece so it's a possibility they may even bring up the relativistic feats and scale him from Katakuri.

i just saw the end of the mob video and it showed deadpool, where you guys getting luffy vs mr fantastic from?

Does Reed have any "ultimate attack" to make him clash with a King Kong Gun in the animation?

Back