• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 8, The Rebirth]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to include the The Boys Battle Royale in my rundown of the back half of the season.

Uh...probably mid Right, Decent. While they didn't explain Laser Baby or Starlight's powers very well, but the math for the tv versions of the characters was pretty good and The Seven would probably ignore Billy for a while if they were actually fighting each other to the death

Also, jeez, there's 140 episodes of Death Battle at this point. They've come a long way in ten years

I forgot to include the The Boys Battle Royale in my rundown of the back half of the season.

Uh...probably mid Right, Decent. While they didn't explain Laser Baby or Starlight's powers very well, but the math for the tv versions of the characters was pretty good and The Seven would probably ignore Billy for a while if they were actually fighting each other to the death
Think it's wrong. Super baby is un standard AF for Billy, and it's unlikely Seven will ignore him altogether.

I mean why is DB gonna use this wiki’s Standard Rules. They gave him the baby so we should count him with the baby.

Why wouldn’t they focus on the more threatening opponents? At least from their perspectives.

Yeah, what Potato said.

Also, from what I remember of The Boys, it usually required a group effort from The Boys to bring down Supes. Billy needed help with pretty much every takedown they've done. Therefore, if it's a Battle Royale between Starlight, The Deep, Translucent, A-Train, Queen Maeve, and Billy, none of the "heroes" will focus on the normal man who can't hurt them by himself and has never beaten one of the Seven on his own (if Hughie had left and didn't reveal the electricity weakness, Billy would have died in his fight with Translucent).

Yeah, what Potato said.

Also, from what I remember of The Boys, it usually required a group effort from The Boys to bring down Supes. Billy needed help with pretty much every takedown they've done. Therefore, if it's a Battle Royale between Starlight, The Deep, Translucent, A-Train, Queen Maeve, and Billy, none of the "heroes" will focus on the normal man who can't hurt them by himself and has never beaten one of the Seven on his own (if Hughie had left and didn't reveal the electricity weakness, Billy would have died in his fight with Translucent).
Starlight may very well target him. Also A-Train

Ok, so both t-800 and Robocop were downgraded to 9-B, and I actually think Terminator now wins. He has a significant speed edge (also classic "shoot Murphy in the mouth), and if something goes wrong, he can kill Robocop with Self destruct (which is a win with Death battle's rules).

Yeah, the Cobra Cannon would blow the T-800 apart. Plus, Murphy is plenty equipped to hit speedy targets. He's shot bullets out of the air and straight up caught them. Terminator has a harder time avoiding rounds, mainly because usually doesn't need to. When he's been in close combat, he's notoriously slow and clunky. The T-1000 and T-X kicked his ass fairly easily

Also, the boosts to the T-800 came from the newer Terminator movies, which didn't exist when the DB was made

Fair enough, but RoboCop has enough feats to match the T-800 and exceed it. Only thing Terminator has is walking speed and "experience," but RC has enough to counter that

"Downplayed both Hulk and Broly"

In other words, the sky is blue.

The DB Discussion Thread brought this video up, and the general consensus was that the dimensional tiering is BS, but for everything else, they went "Well...you're not wrong"

Tbf Hulk isnt actually the tier he is rated at, but changing that for Marvel, let alone DC is as good as getting Naruto at tier 3/2 (which was attempted and got axed), but eh

"Downplayed both Hulk and Broly"

In other words, the sky is blue.

The DB Discussion Thread brought this video up, and the general consensus was that the dimensional tiering is BS, but for everything else, they went "Well...you're not wrong"
So in terms of accuracy how does this effect it’s rating?

Higher Right, Decent, due to the "universal herald" issues with Marvel (and DC). Also, determining a power increase based on sexual stamina was really stupid

I should note from above that another point against Metal Sonic vs Zero is that stopping time when you've already stopped time to counter someone else stopping time makes no sense. How can you stop time that's already stopped? Said thing was a major reason Zero won.

Also, our version of Meta vs Carolina was absolute nonsense. Even ignoring Carolina winning being Word of God, it's probably one of the fights this website's gotten the most wrong. Carolina's a great strategic fighter and has almost everything Meta has but timestop, which the Meta has used exactly once ever, and only to dodge a rocket Church fired at him. With the AIs, his head is to crowded with differing commands (The AIs don't exactly agree on everything, and espesially Sigma and Omega would make deciding on a game plan hard). And without the AIs, Maine was outsmarted by Sarge. Yeah tying him to a car and then pushing said car off a cliff was Washington's idea, but Sarge was still the one that pulled it off. Epsilon/Church, meanwhile, has the benefits of every AI without being conflicted since every AI is still him. Time Stop was the one and only advantage The Meta had, and he doesn't use it effectively enough that Carolina can't easily work around it. I'm 100% sure Meta only won to spite Death Battle. I swear, we need a rematch system of some kind on this website.

I should note from above that another point against Metal Sonic vs Zero is that stopping time when you've already stopped time to counter someone else stopping time makes no sense. How can you stop time that's already stopped? Said thing was a major reason Zero won.

Also, our version of Meta vs Carolina was absolute nonsense. Even ignoring Carolina winning being Word of God, it's probably one of the fights this website's gotten the most wrong. Carolina's a great strategic fighter and has almost everything Meta has but timestop, which the Meta has used exactly once ever, and only to dodge a rocket Church fired at him. With the AIs, his head is to crowded with differing commands (The AIs don't exactly agree on everything, and espesially Sigma and Omega would make deciding on a game plan hard). And without the AIs, Maine was outsmarted by Sarge. Yeah tying him to a car and then pushing said car off a cliff was Washington's idea, but Sarge was still the one that pulled it off. Epsilon/Church, meanwhile, has the benefits of every AI without being conflicted since every AI is still him. Time Stop was the one and only advantage The Meta had, and he doesn't use it effectively enough that Carolina can't easily work around it. I'm 100% sure Meta only won to spite Death Battle. I swear, we need a rematch system of some kind on this website.
Iirc Zero can stop time in MMX5 when a robot master already has it stopped. Tho it's likely a game mechanic. And I think their reasoning was that Zero's time stop counters Metal, so both can theoretically use it

No, I mean their logic was you can stop time when you've already stopped time to stop time for someone else who's stopped time.

No, I mean their logic was you can stop time when you've already stopped time to stop time for someone else who's stopped time.
Where did they say that?

the only thing they said is “
Boomstick: Zero's vast arsenal also gave a plenty of options for just about every situation. Even when Metal tried screwing with time.

Wiz: Unlike Metal, Zero actually possessed multiple methods of stopping time, which were more instantaneous and just as effective as Metal Sonic's imperfectly copied Chaos Control.”

Nothing here says Zero could stop time during time stop. Just his arsenal counters Zero’s and his methods of time stop where easier to activate and just as effective.

In the animation Metal and Zero stopped time, and then Zero stopped time within stopped time, freezing Metal in time. It was cool, but absolutely bullshit.

In the animation Metal and Zero stopped time, and then Zero stopped time within stopped time, freezing Metal in time. It was cool, but absolutely bullshit.
And death battle has said numerous times the animation does not matter to the verdict and is just for entertainment.

Maybe, but there's only so far they can get from what the character can do and what's actually possible before it becomes absolutely absurd. Using a second time stop to counter someone else stopping time during your time stop doesn't make any logical sense. Imagine if gravity inverted for no apparent reason in Frank vs Leon, for example. Anyways, they cited Zero having two time stops as a reason he wins, even though theoretically having two means almost nothing.

Maybe, but there's only so far they can get from what the character can do and what's actually possible before it becomes absolutely absurd. Using a second time stop to counter someone else stopping time during your time stop doesn't make any logical sense. Imagine if gravity inverted for no apparent reason in Frank vs Leon, for example. Anyways, they cited Zero having two time stops as a reason he wins, even though theoretically having two means almost nothing.
They sited it as Zero counters Chaos Control

@Smashor

Yeah, that's an animation thing, which is purely for entertainment's sake. While I get your frustration, it doesn't affect the accuracy that much. I think the point they were trying to highlight was that Zero could more quickly stop time since Metal has to shout "Chaos Control" to do so instead of just turning around (which isn't true anymore because of the difference in speed). So it brings down the accuracy slightly, but Metal is still much stronger and faster.

As for the Meta vs Carolina match, I agree. Carolina would definitely beat The Meta for the reasons you've listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back