• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DEATH BATTLE! Accuracy Scale [Part 8, The Rebirth]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see:

@BlackDarkness679

Fair enough. I felt a good enough argument was made by certain episodes to allow for a decision despite missing profiles here. I can edit the list for the few that have missing profiles.

@DemonGodMitchAubin

Research quality is based on how close they get to our profiles. Yes, they downgraded both Zoro and Erza a lot, especially with their speed, but they illustrated the power and speed gap between the two fairly well.

@Abysswalker2126

It seems that the islands Dig Dug sunk were incredibly small, which is why it's only given a "higher" rating on his profile. Also, I don't think there is much of a reason to make a "classic" distinction for Bomberman, it seems a bit redundant as there isn't much difference between the Bomberman games besides the feats within them.

@TyranoDoom30

I agree with your points wholeheartedly, but I still think it's in Wrong, Decent. Both are undersold and Metal Overlord is far faster and stronger than Zero. They did do some decent calcs for Zero and making Metal Overlord powerful enough to contend with 1.66 Super forms (Tails and Knuckles getting those shields, on top of being bullshit, are definitely not Super forms and nothing implies that they're all equal in power) in their analysis, relying on Zero's hax mainly for the win was on the right track.

As I'm typing this, a thought occurred to me. To become Metal Overlord, Metal Sonic requires a lot of outside material. The only time we see Metal overlord in canon was the result of MS absorbing an entire fleet's worth of country-busting ships. In the animation too, he absorbed a highway's worth of cars (not canon, purely for the entertainment, I know, but the point remains he used additional material). The DB Final Form Rule is basically "the most powerful form of a character will be used in the final analysis, except for cases where specific circumstances and/or extra effort is required to achieve said form." The biggest example of the caveat is Captain Marvel requiring a lot of energy to be absorbed to become Binary.

Now, would we consider Metal Sonic becoming Metal Overlord an example of extra effort? As the animations are purely entertainment and are not perfect simulations, we can't assume that MS will always have access to enough material to ascend to that form. If that's the case, then it would be Absolute Zero vs Base Metal Sonic, and Zero wins that fight easily. I think that's worth discussing here.

Broly vs Hulk:

Hm...I haven't been on the DB Discussion Thread in a while, so I'll have to see what people think of the Hulk power boost. It's still correct, but to what extent is unknown at the moment. We'll have to see about that one.

I'll be back on later to determine the ranking of the back half of the season later

"Pretty much all fights they do are based here by the site standards on vs wiki tiering to see if accurate, if we count fights by their logic and our words on what we think a character is stat wise, it defeats the purpose of doing these."

Which, I agree with. I was initially uncomfortable with putting a ton of matches in Iffy because "we don't have a full profile for x" and I thought certain episodes put up a fair enough argument and showed feats that were obvious enough to be considered concrete. I'll have to make a few changes to certain matches, including:

-Voltron vs Megazord (don't have Classic Voltron)

-Miles Morales vs Static (Static's win hinges on him matching Superboy's telekinesis, which hasn't been confirmed here)

-A few more I'm not remembering right now

Yeah, a ton of work needs to be done on VSBW to make stuff like this fully accurate, but it can be done

I see, also i just remembered, Darkstalkers had their stats changed after a CRT, one will follow up for hax too at one point

And Street Fighter might get a downgrade in the future, which could result in 8-A and 7-B for the series overall, but that one isnt yet happening

The only time we see Metal overlord in canon was the result of MS absorbing an entire fleet's worth of country-busting ships.
Metal only absorbed the tower of Final Fortress, not the entire fleet, that's just straight up incorrect information when he literally throws ships of the Egg Fleet in the fight. You are confusing Eggman vs Wily with actual canon

It's been forever since I played Sonic Heroes. Point being, he had to absorb extra stuff to become Metal Overlord

He just absorbed basic machinery, it's no diferent from Sonic using the Chaos Emeralds

Not canon but this is show in IDW when he goes Overlord there he doesn't absorbe much to use the transformation

Class B+ are low 7-B and supersonic+

Class A are 4-C and light speed

Class S are 3-C and FTL

Thats how it ended up for Darkstalkers
I guess the anime and manga stuff wasn't considered acceptable supplemental evidence. Hm...if that's the case, then Sabrewulf is faster and stronger.

Is Killer Instinct still getting downgraded? I thought we were going to reexamine it

Nothing from manga, comics, cartoon or anime is canon to the games from what i understood

Killer Instinct is going through a CRT too, so their stats will change in the future too, but that one i think takes more time

How are the islands small they’re like several dozens times bigger than dig dug himself the first few bomberman games were extremely tame than the ones in bomberman 64 with the whole scaling to the cube busting thing and the several other new power ups compared to when facing a couple smiley balloons?

therfore the smiley balloons are universal because they one shot bomberman so either classic bomberman is not equal to 64 bomberman or the balloons are universal

@Abysswalker2126

How can Goombas kill Mario, he's 4-A. Seems to be a similar argument here with the balloons.

I'm going off the profiles here, which have Bomberman as Universal and Dig Dug as Wall, higher with jackhammer

The universal bomberman is a bunch of bs
He literally was consistently wall level throughout the 2d era until bomberman 64 brought in this stupid cube nonsense which scaled to bomberman and all of a sudden-We just assume he was always universal despite not showing it at all whatsoever when he’s destroying modest sized walls or blocks and balloons with a bomb or two only to sometimes get oneshot by his own bombs

Also I don’t think classic bomberman is the same bomberman as the bomberman in 64
As at the end Of the nes bomberman game it’s revealed that bomberman nes was a prequel to lode runner where he’s now a human which doesn’t exactly canonically make sense as the the classic bomberman is the same as the Lode runner bomberman which isn’t the same person in 64

Therefore the bomberman profile is technically a composite which is a giant no go these days therefore it should be separated into it’s proper continuity keys

So, in order of the current list, here's the matches that are getting moved to Iffy/Inconclusive due to a lack of information:

Miles vs Static (Static's win clause hasn't been confirmed)

Smokey vs McGruff (no profiles for either)

Joker vs Sweet Tooth (fight starts in the vehicles, the Bat-Mobile, and therefore the Joker-Mobile, doesn't have a profile)

Voltron vs Megazord (no Classic Voltron profile)

Starscream vs Rainbow Dash (no G1 Cartoon profile for SS and comparing him to Megatron is questionable at best)

I mean the feats presented for Voltron should put him above megazord.
Mgruff is a relatively normal anthropomorphic dog vs a bear that can grow massively, seems obvious.

The rest are fine until we get profiles for them.

The feats presented in the DB episode for Voltron should make it obvious, yes, but they severely undersold the Megazord in that fight as well. I just want to be safe with it.

Also, I agree about Smokey vs McGruff, but since they don't have profiles and this list is about accuracy based on our standards, I will move it to Iffy unless a majority of the people here agree to let it slide

We base it from the site standards, this is what this is for, i dont agree with ichigo there at all, but unless its debunked, it is what it is

We are using profiles.

Guess what’s on the profile.
If eleven pages couldn’t stop that, can you give anything new?

In order of release:

Beerus vs Sailor Galaxia: High Right, Good. Probably Top 10. That fight was able to clear up so many misconceptions about Sailor Galaxia that it allowed us to fix up her profile. Plus, it gave us an idea of how far into Multiverse Beerus actually is.

Zuko vs Shoto Todoroki: Either High Right, Decent or Lower Right, Good. They barely did any math that episode, but showed that the results were obvious. The stuff for Zuko was pretty well done, though.

Wally West vs Archie Sonic: I'm forced to put this at Iffy. An argument can be made for either, but it's going way at the bottom of that section for botching the Chaos Force ("physical force only" my ******* ass)

Bucky vs Jason: High Right, Decent. No calculations except those borrowed from Batman vs Captain America, but there full reasoning does help smooth out the wrinkles.

Venom vs Crona: Low Right, Good. While Venom's stuff is still undersold, the work they did for Crona was excellent. The only questionable calc for them was the Black Star anime feat.

Saberwulf vs Jon: Since Darkstalkers just got kneecapped (and Killer Instinct hasn't been yet), it'll have to be Wrong, Decent. Probably mid level.

Red vs Blue: Lower Right, Good. Since this isn't a Word of God situation like Meta vs Carolina, it's viable for analysis, but other than the 50 Megaton bomb feat and two strength feats, no other stuff was considered really.

Barbara vs Gwen: Mid Right, Good. They provided some new calcs for both and made a very clear argument, despite not explaining the explosion feats very well at the end of the episode (they needed to mention the point of impact and inverse-square law)

Sanji vs Rock Lee: For now, since One Piece hasn't gotten faster yet, it has to be towards the top of Wrong, Decent. Mainly because the idea of Sanji using precog and invisibility to avoid 8th Gate Lee until time ran out seems a bit of a stretch due to the speed gap of Rel+ Sanji and (likely) FTL Lee.

Hulk vs Broly: High Right, Decent for now. Mainly because Universal Heralds for Marvel and (Post-Crisis) DC are not fully accepted here. If they ever do get accepted, then it'll go to High Right, Good

In order of release:

Beerus vs Sailor Galaxia: High Right, Good. Probably Top 10. That fight was able to clear up so many misconceptions about Sailor Galaxia that it allowed us to fix up her profile. Plus, it gave us an idea of how far into Multiverse Beerus actually is.

Zuko vs Shoto Todoroki: Either High Right, Decent or Lower Right, Good. They barely did any math that episode, but showed that the results were obvious. The stuff for Zuko was pretty well done, though.

Wally West vs Archie Sonic: I'm forced to put this at Iffy. An argument can be made for either, but it's going way at the bottom of that section for botching the Chaos Force ("physical force only" my ******* ass)

Bucky vs Jason: High Right, Decent. No calculations except those borrowed from Batman vs Captain America, but there full reasoning does help smooth out the wrinkles.

Venom vs Crona: Low Right, Good. While Venom's stuff is still undersold, the work they did for Crona was excellent. The only questionable calc for them was the Black Star anime feat.

Saberwulf vs Jon: Since Darkstalkers just got kneecapped (and Killer Instinct hasn't been yet), it'll have to be Wrong, Decent. Probably mid level.

Red vs Blue: Lower Right, Good. Since this isn't a Word of God situation like Meta vs Carolina, it's viable for analysis, but other than the 50 Megaton bomb feat and two strength feats, no other stuff was considered really.

Barbara vs Gwen: Mid Right, Good. They provided some new calcs for both and made a very clear argument, despite not explaining the explosion feats very well at the end of the episode (they needed to mention the point of impact and inverse-square law)

Sanji vs Rock Lee: For now, since One Piece hasn't gotten faster yet, it has to be towards the top of Wrong, Decent. Mainly because the idea of Sanji using precog and invisibility to avoid 8th Gate Lee until time ran out seems a bit of a stretch due to the speed gap of Rel+ Sanji and (likely) FTL Lee.

Hulk vs Broly: High Right, Decent for now. Mainly because Universal Heralds for Marvel and (Post-Crisis) DC are not fully accepted here. If they ever do get accepted, then it'll go to High Right, Good
I heard Wally's Mutli+ soon here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back