• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

De-Compositing Garfield

Oh wow I'm blind.

Still, going through a few mm of metal isn't a very great feat.

Well, I guess that just runs into my issues with the way we treat smaller tiers. Normal humans running gives KE in the 9-C range, normal humans standing up gives PE in the 9-C range, but we ignore this because "the tiers are based on punching/kicking". Yet we give 9-C ratings over shit like this; a full-body dura feat that a normal human would be able to deal with, then in fights we act as if the character in question is superhuman.

Well, I guess that just runs into my issues with the way we treat smaller tiers. Normal humans running gives KE in the 9-C range, normal humans standing up gives PE in the 9-C range, but we ignore this because "the tiers are based on punching/kicking". Yet we give 9-C ratings over shit like this; a full-body dura feat that a normal human would be able to deal with, then in fights we act as if the character in question is superhuman.
I'm skeptical what humans, or even what cats would be okay after falling out of a building & through the roof of a vehicle, even ignoring possible cuts from split apart, sharp metal of the roof.

so how thick is the roof of a truck?
I'd assume it varies wildly by vehicle model & purpose. You may wish to try & identify the type of vehicle in the scene. If we have any car experts (lol) that MIGHT be useful. If there's stuff like license plates or maybe hood ornaments, those might help identify it.
Also, what was inside the truck? That might help determine the type.

We can also inquire into the location & time: What city/state, & when did this take place, within the fiction's universe? (Since ideally, we don't wanna have to figure out what kind of vehicle, if any, they used for the filming at the set.)

I'm skeptical what humans, or even what cats would be okay after falling out of a building & through the roof of a vehicle, even ignoring possible cuts from split apart, sharp metal of the roof.
The roof ain't that thick and most of it was insulation. Sharp metal can hurt 9-Bs, so that's irrelevant here. The fall was broken by landing on boxes filled with lasagna.

Any result you can calculate for that will be pitiful (making a cat-sized hole in a thin sheet of metal) or inapplicable (KE from the fall, since it was broken over time; just like how humans can survive car crashes with air bags).

The roof ain't that thick and most of it was insulation. Sharp metal can hurt 9-Bs, so that's irrelevant here. The fall was broken by landing on boxes filled with lasagna.

Any result you can calculate for that will be pitiful (making a cat-sized hole in a thin sheet of metal) or inapplicable (KE from the fall, since it was broken over time; just like how humans can survive car crashes with air bags).
Yeah, what stopped his fall was landing in lasagna, but I'd presume there was still an impact or force or such imparted from a cat falling through a metal roof hard enough to tear it.
& yes, it probably will be in the 9-C range, more or less, but was it not argued that the movie is its own continuity? Not to mention 9-C is probably more durable than your average 10-C housecat.

what kind of metal is this? that's probably kind of important
Well as I said earlier, we can probably get an idea of that if we can figure out the vehicle type or model. Is it some kind of food truck? Delivery truck? Have we seen any identifying features of the vehicle? Where & when is the vehicle located?
that's...literally the basis of this thread
Thank you for the clarification. Just wanted to be sure, because there's the possibility such a feat might not be valuable if Garfield has his feats from other continuities.

Sorry for any bother, all.

here's a better shot of the truck's exterior
giphy.gif

All calc group members:

Here is the feat that he is trying to create a gif file from:

Here.

Also, I would strongly recommend asking to get Melatonin sleep hormone pills prescribed if you have a sleep disorder. They work great for me, without side effects.

Eh. I sleep rather well nowadays, with my current sleep medicine prescriptions. It was considerably worse a few years ago.

i think it would be preferable to calc the second feat i mentioned, considering that m3x might've started working on the first one already

M3X has not visited this forum for several days though.

Like I said, I don't like calcing it that way. A 75kg, 1.8m tall human gets higher PE (661.5 joules) from standing up.

but idk whether it's better to post that issue here or on the calc itself; I'll post this message there too.

Back