• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

De-Compositing Garfield

It seems fine to me. I made some minor adjustments though.

bump

so i think the other relevant incarnations of garfield would be the ones we see in garfield and friends and the garfield show. i also have a garfield kart profile ready, i just need a calc to get accepted first.

here are some new links. hopefully they work. let me know if they don't.
garfield eats a tv
garfield sticks to a ceiling
garfield sticks to a wall
garfield sticks to a tree
garfield touches a ghost
garfield kills the ghost of a spider with the ghost of a newspaper
the links for garfield's temporal bfr, telepathy, and dream manipulation still work
garfield transforms into a "mr. hyde version of himself" (?)
vehicular mastery and time stop should be removed since they come from separate continuities
the links for garfield's house destruction and supersonic speed still work (however, supersonic speed shouldn't be standard for garfield, since garfield himself stated that cats can only do this with food)
i think that's it

Thank you, but did you link to an illegal site? In that case you should upload the images to Imgur and link to that instead.

I meant the comic strip scans that you linked to in the profile page. It is probably better to upload them to Imgur and then link to that instead.

I have watched the entire first season of Garfield and friends and I now have 3 pages worth of Garfield and Friends related feats

Abilities

Toon Force

Natural weaponry (utilizes his claws to scratch through objects)

Surface Scaling (can crawl on walls and ceilings)

Fourth Wall Awareness (often acknowledges the audience)

Stealth Mastery (has often tricked people by wearing costumes)

Hammerspace (often pulls these disguises from nowhere, is able to shove characters into small spaces such as a small package or a vacuum cleaner)

Body Control (fit in a pizza box)

Dream Manipulation (shared a dream with Jon, woke himself up with his dream self)

Wind manipulation? (Sneezed hard enough to send both himself and Jon flying

Fire manipulation (breathed fire after eating spicy food)

Teleportation (seen here)

Flight (flew up to a branch, suspended himself in the air during an obedience event for a cat show)

that should be it for abilities so now onto the

AP / Durability

Can send Jon flying who can tank getting sent through a very thick wall and tanked a crash from his mower that was strong enough to destroy it

should be stronger than his bad self that strong enough to harm his good self who is durable enough to tank being shot to Mexico and Italy

often pushes and kicks Odie who can survive being flung from cars, ran over by cars, and can even bury these cars

Garfield can harm himself and he can tank pianos and anvils falling on him

Lifting Strength

Comparable to Odie who can bury cars with their drivers still in there (linked earlier)

Possibly lifted a piano to get it into Jon's room

Scales to Jon who can lift a recliner with just a single hand

Speed

Often outruns large dogs

can keep up with Odie who is able to chase and catch cars (linked earlier)

has chased and caught food shaped trucks

created blurs that were most likely him moving at speeds of 70 mph since it was able to confirm Jon's doubts of a cat moving at such speeds

Stamina

often eats what is described as "Large Army sized" meals and then is capable of going on about his day although there are instances of him getting tired without getting food in his system for only a mere hour

Intelligence

has created a makeshift diving board and model hot air balloon

often shown to be level headed

so yeah that's what I got from season 1 of the show

i know. i'm asking if there's any way for me to figure out whether or not the site i linked is legal.
Please remind me what the name of it is.

Anyway, it is safer to use Imgur, so I would appreciate if you cooperate with me here.

I have watched the entire first season of Garfield and friends and I now have 3 pages worth of Garfield and Friends related feats

Abilities

Toon Force

Natural weaponry (utilizes his claws to scratch through objects)

Surface Scaling (can crawl on walls and ceilings)

Fourth Wall Awareness (often acknowledges the audience)

Stealth Mastery (has often tricked people by wearing costumes)

Hammerspace (often pulls these disguises from nowhere, is able to shove characters into small spaces such as a small package or a vacuum cleaner)

Body Control (fit in a pizza box)

Dream Manipulation (shared a dream with Jon, woke himself up with his dream self)

Wind manipulation? (Sneezed hard enough to send both himself and Jon flying

Fire manipulation (breathed fire after eating spicy food)

Teleportation (seen here)

Flight (flew up to a branch, suspended himself in the air during an obedience event for a cat show)

that should be it for abilities so now onto the

AP / Durability

Can send Jon flying who can tank getting sent through a very thick wall and tanked a crash from his mower that was strong enough to destroy it

should be stronger than his bad self that strong enough to harm his good self who is durable enough to tank being shot to Mexico and Italy

often pushes and kicks Odie who can survive being flung from cars, ran over by cars, and can even bury these cars

Garfield can harm himself and he can tank pianos and anvils falling on him

Lifting Strength

Comparable to Odie who can bury cars with their drivers still in there (linked earlier)

Possibly lifted a piano to get it into Jon's room

Scales to Jon who can lift a recliner with just a single hand

Speed

Often outruns large dogs

can keep up with Odie who is able to chase and catch cars (linked earlier)

has chased and caught food shaped trucks

created blurs that were most likely him moving at speeds of 70 mph since it was able to confirm Jon's doubts of a cat moving at such speeds

Stamina

often eats what is described as "Large Army sized" meals and then is capable of going on about his day although there are instances of him getting tired without getting food in his system for only a mere hour

Intelligence

has created a makeshift diving board and model hot air balloon

often shown to be level headed

so yeah that's what I got from season 1 of the show
Thank you.

@KieranH10 @Psychomaster35 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

Would any of you be willing to calculate the more impressive of these feats please?

In theory, this could be high into Tier 8 or low into Tier 7, like with Burgerbeard (In Spongebob.) being kicked over the ocean, but, I have a few concerns:
Initially, I was concerned they could be purely elements of Garfield's subconscious, but we see the rocket Garfield's good self was launched in break a window.
Garfield's good self is transported to Mexico via cannon & Italy via rocket. Both times, we don't see how he landed. It's possible there was deceleration or things that lessened the impact of whatever landing he had. (& that's assuming he didn't stop himself mid-flight, seeing as he flies regularly.)
Not to mention, he's far smaller than Garfield, who's a housecat to begin with; Even as fat as Garfield is, he's likely not very massive.

Currently, I have not found the time to view the other links.
Basis for asserting Garfield can match Odie in Lifting Strength?

That said, although I haven't checked the links, most of your other propositions seem reasonable to me, basing my scrutinizing purely on your descriptions so far.
I look forward to any results from viewing further Garfield & Friends content.

Garfield is a constant bully to Odie and he has forcefully shoved Odie into things such as packages
I would say that being mean to or damaging someone isn't necessarily LS.
However, forcefully shoving someone into a package may be better evidence that you have comparable or superior LS. Although, viewing the link, in that instance, it seems to have happened off-screen, so is there a possibility Garfield did so to Odie when he was asleep, or in other circumstances where LS is less of a factor.

I would say that being mean to or damaging someone isn't necessarily LS.
However, forcefully shoving someone into a package may be better evidence that you have comparable or superior LS. Although, viewing the link, in that instance, it seems to have happened off-screen, so is there a possibility Garfield did so to Odie when he was asleep, or in other circumstances where LS is less of a factor.
yeah but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that Garfield is physically comparable to Odie since strength in Garfield is dictated by size generally unless your Jon I also found these scene where Garfield hits Odie hard enough his nose falls off

yeah but I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say that Garfield is physically comparable to Odie since strength in Garfield is dictated by size generally unless your Jon
I understand your reasoning here, & don't see much reason to disagree with this, although ideally, Garfield would have some LS feats of his own similar to or better than Odie's own, as opposed to just scaling to someone else's better feats he has no feats on that level, of his own for.
I also found these scene where Garfield hits Odie hard enough his nose falls off
Striking Strength/Attack Potency, but Striking Strength is somewhat correlated with Lifting Strength, if my memory serves, so I feel that I can understand the relevance of that.

so after watching a bit into season 2 now the on Jon Arbuckle profile has all of the powers and abilities were taken from that series Martial arts comes from the episode "yo jumbo" where Jon doesn't really learn anything he get's his ass kicked by the other students and just learns how to do the "stuffed vulture position" which hasn't shown any applicability for combat the invulnerability is directly cited from Garfield and friends and the magic from a genie is most likely from here so yeah

I just realized that regen is still on there for Garfield in his durability section "Toon Force and regeneration make him difficult to kill" and regen was removed a while ago due to the vaguenes

Okay. Feel free to correct that if you wish then.

Back