• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Superman Downgrade

Didn't we already establish above that separating them doesn't matter? I thought it was just Clark getting rezzed by one meaning he tanked a third of lifewiping energy ......... actually, if he only tanks it, why are we equating it to his AP as well? Should he not just be a stonewall with baseline 6-B AP or something?

The debate is still going because of the effects of the Unity. Had Steppenwolf succeeded, the Boxes would have completely terraform the Earth, wich corresponds to High 6-A. That's why Clark is noted as High 6-A. It took extreme efforts and the help of Cyborg but he separated them.

Hmm, I'm not sure. The Terraforming energy would be the total sum energy within the boxes themselves, I don't think that same amount of energy is being used to connect them, rather just a smaller portion of the whole.

I admit i just assume it does but mostly because we don't have real precisions about it. We only know that if the Unity is completed, it terraforms a planet. Now M3X says that separating High 6-A in three parts still is High 6-A but i don't knwo about it. The final effect is still the same anyway.

Another difference between Zeus and Superman is that the Unity was already spreading when Zeus cancelled it with his bolt while it barely the beginning when Supes and Cyborg separated the Boxes.

I have already quoted Cyborg above, he caused a delay between each box, resulting to a cascading effect which will cause the boxes to feed on each other. Probably making it easier to separate the boxes

JackJoyce Ok didn't saw that at first.

Callsign Castle Yep !

Don't knwo if the problem is solved though.

And what about the Zeus thing ?

So I think JackJoyce's Cyborg quote would pretty definitively downgrade Supe's from High 6-A, but what was the justification for him being "At least 7-A to 6-C, Likely 6-B" ?

Hasn't that been debunked and disowned by Matthew himself and otherwise considered an outlier by most others? Without that feat what tier would DCEU Supe's be at then?

The feat still exists in the profile so i don't know.

He could still be this since he was able to destroy the World Engine (because the Engine is this actually).

I'm not sure, The World Engine needed a long time to completely mess with Earth's gravity, initially it didn't seem to have more potency beyond affecting a city.

That could be good. It's better than have his appreciation on this.

For the Engine, the tier is more about the consequences and the final effect of the powers of the device. It only counts how powerful the Engine is in the end, not the time needed to finally activate it.

That's true, but I'm just referring to it in relation to Superman, he only took its gravity beam whilst it was in the beginning stages and really only affected a city, and did so with great difficulty.

Back