• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew_Schroeder

VS Battles
Retired
Clark Kent BvS
Hello, everyone.

Currently our profiles for the High-Tier DCEU characters list them at Low 7-B, scaling from Superman barely surviving a nuclear explosion.

However, this is a huge lowball, something I had noticed months ago.

The reason for it is that Superman was severely weakened during the conflict, having recently been doused with two Kryptonite Gas Grenades by Batman, during a fight that ocurred at night, giving him no sunlight to heal.

Furthermore, Superman's cheek had been scarred with the Kryptonite spear, and the wound stayed there. When Supes was hit with sunlight for mere seconds, however, he fully healed from the damage of the nuclear explosion as well as the previous scar. Then he descended to Earth again and fought a vastly stronger Doomsday than the one he was facing before.

This leads me to believe that if Superman had been hit with the nuke under broad daylight, it wouldn't have damaged him.

Recently, LordXcano has calculated a feat from Doomsday, namely, him razing Striker Island with a nuclear explosion while simultaneously firing a beam of nuclear energy into space, clocking in at 989.291 Megatons.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:LordXcano/Doomsday_Nukes_Striker_Island

This would naturally scale to Superman.

And it is consistent with the Lowballed Calculation of the World Engine feat (Not accounting for Gravity) clocking in at 446.785 Kilotons.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...troys_The_World_Engine_(Calc_by_Vivi_Orniter)

A user from Spacebattles actually tried doing the full calculation, and got a result of 924,663,165,099,009 N/m┬▓, however that translated into Joules.

https://forums.spacebattles.com/threads/calculating-dceu-supermans-strength-and-durability.394853/

Finally, there is the Blu-Ray Extra statement that Batman's Soundwave Emitter had a potency of 300dB, which according to this calculator would generate 1000000000000000000 Watts/m┬▓. Which is about 239.005736138 Megatons / second, and Superman at 100% took it head on.

60FPS Batman v Superman - The Might and the Power of a Punch Fight Night 60FPS HFR HD
60FPS Batman v Superman - The Might and the Power of a Punch Fight Night 60FPS HFR HD

Statement happens at 0:59

In short, the following characters would be upgraded to Mountain level+

Superman, Wonder Woman, General Zod, Faora-UI, Nam-Ek and Doomsday

Input is tanked in advance.

SupesPic

All seems reasonable, question would Aquaman be scalable to this? Because I vaguely remember Zack Snyder saying that Arthurs spear could hurt superman

I'm okay with everything but the sound emitter. The source and the huge bounds of disbelief I have to suspend for that to work are turn offs for me. And there's no page here regarding soundwave power so I'm not so sure about those numbers.

As for Aquaman's spear, wait for the Justice League movie.

851500 said:
All seems reasonable, question would Aquaman be scalable to this?
Because I vaguely remember Zack Snyder saying that Arthurs spear could hurt superman
We'll have to wait for the Justice League movie as @Natse said.

I suppose that scaling from LordXcano's calculation seems reasonable.

Apparently, which means that her upcoming movie better have a really big threat or there's no tension.

This does seem quite reasonable, and would Batman get an upgrade via Soundwave Emitter?

I am uncertain, really. After watching various scenes with more detail on youtube, I'm uncertain if her true self is really 7-B.

@Matt

"Claimed by Amanda Waller, who possesses extensive knowledge on practically all metahumans, to be the most powerful being on Earth, which would put her above Superma"

This seems pretty solid to me, unless there is something that directly contradicts it.

If you are scaling from LordXcano's calculation, I think so, yes.

Shouldn't someone add LordXcano's calc to the list of accepted calcs? Make a separate heading for the DCEU and add it?

Shouldn't this scale to Batman with suit?

Since he was able to damage Superman who when even weakened took small city blast to the face?

It should make him in suit atleast town and likely large town level.

Matthew Schroeder said:
@Man
Superman never even tried before getting hit with Kryptonite.
I am talking about AP.

Batman in suit harmed Superman.

Yes, Superman was weakened, but he was weakened even more when hit by nuke.

He really wasn't.

Superman couldn't even fly and he thumbled after throwing Batman through some walls during their fights.

Wouldn't this be moot considering Supes was already in space getting direct sunlight before being hit by the nuke? By the point he got hit, the Kryotonite gass shouldn't have had any effect whatsoever on him.

We don't know, so that's why we use feats.

@Barry

Scientifically speaking, yes, but the movie treated the sun appearing in the Horizon as the first dosage of sunlight Supes received.

Matthew Schroeder said:
We don't know, so that's why we use feats.

@Barry

Scientifically speaking, yes, but the movie treated the sun appearing in the Horizon as the first dosage of sunlight Supes received.
That cant be used as a valid argument. Science isn't so removed from these superhero movies that being in space directly in the sunlight despite the sun not being shown doesn't mean sunlight isn't hitting him. I could understand if he was in the moon's shadow but the moon isn't nowhere in sight.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He still had the scar on his cheek while in space, so no.
You can't just say that. I say maybe it's a mistake on their part but Supes was in Space directly in the sun light before getting blown up. And this was like what? 30+ minutes after their fight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back