• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Ares scaling problems

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Matthew refuses to add a separate key for Ares, which creates a scaling problem, since awakened WW stomped Ares, Ares = Zeus, who is superior to Steppenwolf, but then Wolf overpowered WW

We have to discuss how to solve this.

Yes i dont know why its viewed as impossible. In JL Ares heavily wounded Steppenwolf who could take blows from WW and Aquaman with no real issue.

Compare this to WW where he gets absolutely wrecked by an Ascended Diana. Combine this with the fact Ares genuinely says he is FAR weaker then he was from back in the day (backed up by him not just wiping out mankind by himself like Enchantress tried to) and believing otherwise genuinely messes up scaling to a massive degree (Gets stomped by a 6-C likely 6-B foe and fights on par with two others in the form of Zeus and Wolf)

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Matthew refuses to add a separate key for Ares, which creates a scaling problem, since awakened WW stomped Ares, Ares = Zeus, who is superior to Steppenwolf, but then Wolf overpowered WW

We have to discuss how to solve this.
I already mentioned this.

I am not sure how to handle this without Matthew's approval. Sorry.

You can ask Matthew to comment here again, but I suppose that this seems to make sense.

I do not have the best judgement about the franchise though.

I still do not know how to properly handle this. My apologies.

Nothing is going to happen unless you get Matthew involved. Sorry.

Respectfully Ant is Matt the only one who can comment on these things? I'll invite him later today but I'll also add some others

You can ask some other administrators as well if you wish, but I do not think that they are as informed about the DCEU.

Zeus is not superior to Steppenwolf, stop this headcanon. Zeus, Ares, other Gods, and Green Lanterns were needed to defeat Steppenwolf.

Also, can we stop perpetuating this myth that Ares was weakened during Wonder Woman when:

A. This "weakening" happened like, five thousand years ago.

B. He says it in the past tense.

Well, if Matthew and The Everlasting disagree, perhaps we should close this?

Yeah I'm with Raven since Zeus heavily injured Wolf with a single bolt and yet WW (Who killed someone on par with Zeus in the form of Ares) wasn't enough to stop him. This also ignores their being no reason for Ares being back at his full strength when he was crushed by Awakened WW (who again couldn't beat Steppenwolf). As Spino mentioned the scaling currently in place doesn't make much sense in the scheme of things

Except we have no reason to assume Steppenwolf has gotten stronger in the time gap between his first and second invasion since we have no statements at all for his supposed increase in power. Secondly Stepp is consistently stronger then Diana (And Aquaman who should be on par with her) as well as most of the League with the exception of Supes who is flat out stronger then him.

The Everlasting said:
Also, can we stop perpetuating this myth that Ares was weakened during Wonder Woman when:

A. This "weakening" happened like, five thousand years ago.

B. He says it in the past tense.
My evidence for Ares being weakened is not that, don't comment if you do not know.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the evidence is that he empowered himself with war at those times? Anyway, even if he does get a key w/o war empowerment, he should still be far above most deities, particuarly obscure ones such as Incubus (In the DCAU he is), and at least somewhat comparable to Zeus level Olympic Gods sheerly due to his status, if not still superior.

Wonder Woman is on par with Ares, she one shot him after amping her bracelets with lightning from him. Zeus didn't heavily injure Stepp, he only staggered him, and then Stepp blocked the rest with his Electro Axe.

Ares during war against Apokalypse (that's apparently the DC Comics Spelling, idk) shouldn't be compared to his WWI self, the former was a war where intergalactic races, factions, and powerful terrestrial races fought against Apokalypse, and it gave him the power to wound Stepp, who is above Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Cyborg, whereas his WWI self was roughtly comparable to Wonder Woman. Ares also killed all the gods empowered by human fighting.

I think that all deities in DCEU should have the weakness that their power waxes and wanes based on the amount of worship or knowledge, iirc Enchantress and Incubus state this, and so does Ares.

Which part??? The first part? The last part? All of it? And i did provide evidence, and tried to do that with everything, but i can't find a video on the creation and origins of the amazon home (i forgot the name), so i'll continue to find and add some, but a lot of the unsourced stuff is already shown in the clips i provided, so i'll just add those pieces of evidence.

You're actually going to have to back up your claims here and also be specific.

@Matt and Everlasting suggesting Steppenwolf grew stronger isn't??

All up there has to have been a weakened Ares in WWI, ots the only real way to make sense of the tiering.

I'm going to rewatch Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Suicide Squad, i'll be back in a bit.

"When Zeus lead the gods to our defence, Ares killed them one by one, until only Zeus himself remained"
Screenshot (86)
Ares stomps almost the whole Pantheon at the same time (as shown by the pics), and then picks them off one by one. Ares was also empowering himself by making humans fight constantly.

"I was a younger man once, and had i been in better health, i'd like to think i'd do the same".

Ares heavily implies here that he's getting healthier due to the war, but take that with a grain of salt since he was pretending to be human.
Ares beating the Gods
"I was left too weak to stop them. All these years i have struggled alone with spreading ideas, ideas, inspiration for bombs, weapons, but i don't use thyem, they start these wars on their own, all i do is orchestrate things i know they cannot keep so they destroy themselves".

He implies that it amps him here.

"What happened?". "The Humans turned against us". "But they worshipped us?". "We were gods to them". "Now they worship Machines. So i will build a machine that will destroy them all". "Build your strength, feed on them, and wait for me to return".

Enchantress heavily implies, and basically even states they feed off worship.

There, i backed up my claims.

Back