• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Ares scaling problems

Okay. Perhaps we should close this then?

Couldn't sleep.

@Matthew I agree with most of what you said, like Zeus is not High 6-A, but the scaling problem still exists.

The Everlasting said:
Let me ask this.
What, in the actual movie, directly states/shows/strongly implies that Ares was weakened? No assumptions, no headcanon, just direct showings/statements.
Respectfully Ever but how many times do i need to link the statement from the man (God?) himself before it starts getting looked at.

As for the Motherbox point again no one is saying thats a valid feat (I dunno why its being brought up actually)

As for their being no evidence but Ares height in JL (Bad argument ill give you that) thats not strictly true as the scaling contradicts Ares power level being the same considerably (Again how could Wonder Woman fail to do anything to Wolf if she stomps Ares who heavily damaged Wolf?)

It's not a matter of PIS as Ares being weaker is stated (And he has the lasso so it's no deception). AND it's backed up by him needing Diana to wipe out humanity at all where before he could only manipulate their destruction.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This thread is going absolute nowhere, and once again I agree with the Everlasting. Spin's opinion is based on nothing but his headcanon, and re refuses to stop bringing it up. This is like, the 6th Ares thread he makes.

No evidence that Ares was weaker other than "he looks smaller". No evidence that Ares is empowered by war, that's a comic thing that was not brought up in the movies. No evidence that Zeus + Ares overpowered Steppenwolf. There was a whole pantheon ganging up on him and his forces, plus stuff like Green Lanterns as well (Who he stomped).

The "rationalization" is based on things that never even happened to begin with. Zeus splitting the Mother Boxes is an outlier. Period. Accept and move on.
"Headcanon" How many times do I and Hellbeast1 have to repeat? A million? A billion? A trillion?

"6th Ares thread" Actually, 4 (or 3?) even if you count those Wonder Woman threads that are only partially about Ares.

"No evidence than he looks smaller" I have admitted that it is a weak argument. Hellbeast1 already said that it isn't the only evidence, in fact it isn't even an evidence.

"No evidence Ares was empowered by war" I never said so, it was ByAsura who said that.

"No evidence that Zeus+Ares overpowered Steppenwolf" While they had a whole pantheon, Steppenwolf had too. Zeus and Ares are the only 6-Bs, the others are useless, just like Steppenwolf's Parademons are useless. Ares wounded Steppenwolf and Zeus blasted him with lightning. Btw, Zeus does not even have to be superior to Steppenwolf to muck up the scaling. He simply has to do slightly more damage to him than Wonder Woman, which is the case.

"Rationalization" Sry I don't know what you're talking about.

"Zeus outlier" Seriously can you stop bringing this up again?! I have clarified many times, I completely, 100% disagree with Zeus being High 6-A. Why are you always bringing it up? The funny thing is you criticize me for keep on bringing Ares being weakened up.

I do not know enough about this to be of much help. My apologies.

I've said this before but I agree with Spin. Also, do we know if the entire Pantheon of old gods were involved in the war? The only three that were physically onscreen were zeus, ares and artemis. Perhaps the other gods helped in less physical ways or didn't even bother to assist at all? Btw artemis has a decent showing in blowing up a spaceship with one arrow. If we scale the new gods ship to kryptonian ships (new gods should have better tech anyway), could we figure out her AP? The kryptonian ships could survive crash landing (through large buildings) at reentry speeds iirc.

So, Matt and Ever thinks Steppenwolf got stronger? I don't care whether it's headcanon or not, I just want to solve this scaling problem.

It seems like they have already made a decision about this subject. We should probably close this thread.

Well, I am neutral about this, but it seems that the movies were simply inconsistent in this area, so it is hard to find a perfect solution.

For all inconsistent stuff, we need to determine what is outlier. For example, Cap beating Hulk is outlier. But they're saying that they all scale to each other and "it is inconsistent" without saying which one is an outlier.

Well, that may be a problem. You can ask them to comment here again if you wish.

By reading the comments, i see what was regarded as inconsistent or not. I'm with Matthew and Everlasting.

The thing is that the Histpry lesson was supposed to be at least 9 Minutes long in the original Snyder version. Steppenwolf getting stronger is a claim with no proof in fact he may have gotten weaker because when he fought Zeus he was likely in his Prime and i once saw an article saying Steppenwolf is old and tired and the high 6A feat from Zeus was regarded as outlier cause steppenwolf's power was unknown when he fought Zeus and Ares could've been High 6A even Prime Wolf cause think about it.. prime Ares can tank a full power blast from Zeus but gets killed by his own which should be weaker,he also got owned by a half god and he confirmed it himself he got weaker. The only thing that can fix this problem is the Snyder cut

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
Matthew refuses to add a separate key for Ares, which creates a scaling problem, since awakened WW stomped Ares, Ares = Zeus, who is superior to Steppenwolf, but then Wolf overpowered WW
We have to discuss how to solve this.

Ares was mocking Wonder Woman all the time ! Watch the fight and how he attacks her, mockingly smiles to her and his comments like:

"oh my dear you have sssso much to learn"

"it is futile to imagine you can win Give up Diana"

"You will help me destroy them Diana or u will die"

"This all you have to offer"

You see that he was toying with her because he only wanted to convince her to destroy humanity

Back