• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if you use Boomtube size difference then the result won't change, because these planets are this big in the Fourth World dimension. If you want i can calculate Boomtube size difference but it won't change anything.

Well, it was stated that these planets are larger than the largest star in the Fourth World dimension, and Earth was only as big as Superman's eyes in New Genesis (these two showings don't contradict each other). "Larger than the largest star" statement is from Jack Kirby's Fourth World #1, "Earth is as big as Superman's eyes" showing is from New Gods Vol 4 #10 (Jack Kirby's Fourth World is direct continuation of New Gods Vol 4). I don't see any problem here.

• New Gods Vol 4 #10 August 1996 by Rachel Pollack
    • "All mortal universes exist inside bubbles inside the one reality of New Genesis."
    • To New Gods, Earth is "a speck in an air pocket."
  • Jack Kirby's Fourth World Vol 1 #1 March 1997 by John Byrne
    • The narrator describes to the reader that the planet of the old gods was "larger than the largest star."
    • This is in relation to real-world stars, not Fourth World stars.

Last edited:
"Earth is a speck in air pocket" is a hyperbole because it was clearly shown that they weren't that small.

No, this statement was made in Fourth World, so he / she (narrator) should talk about stars in Fourth World.

Last edited:
I trust Firestorm808's sense of judgement. Given that PrinceOfTheMorning, ClassicNESfan, and Sandman31 are missing, he is likely our best bet to get these types of feats properly evaluated.

POTM realised that our DC Comics profiles were so thoroughly unreliable that it would have taken him hundreds of hours of work to fix them, and did not have the energy, so he left.

ClassicNESfan was feeling tired and overworked from arguing with Kepekley23 and his followers who wanted a 1-A Thor the last I heard from him.

And I do not know what happened to Sandman31. He has not been missing for nearly as long.

I wish that they could all come back. I am very ashamed of the extremely unreliable and exaggerated statistics for our Marvel and DC Comics cosmic entities.

Last edited:
Yeah, I also miss a lot of those people too. And in addition to them, Matt has also be exhausted with the topics and various U-turns taking place. And there's another user who had to leave for other reasons, but has worked extensively hard as well on the scaling.

I think upgrading Superman and other JL members to a "higher level of 4-B" is silly when you got shit like the Infinite Mass Punch being basically a hard-cap on Superman and the Flash's strength.

Well, Superman not necessarily but it's definitely something that is portrayed as a trump card whenever used.

Also I'm pretty sure Amelia wants to downgrade a ton of DC characters to Tier 5 (Mostly Teen Heroes) because they really don't scale to Superman at all.

I think upgrading Superman and other JL members to a "higher level of 4-B" is silly when you got shit like the Infinite Mass Punch being basically a hard-cap on Superman and the Flash's strength.

Well, Superman not necessarily but it's definitely something that is portrayed as a trump card whenever used.

Also I'm pretty sure Amelia wants to downgrade a ton of DC characters to Tier 5 (Mostly Teen Heroes) because they really don't scale to Superman at all.
Just that IMP was calculated at 1 kilofoe doesn't mean nothing can be stronger.

@Da_Lunge_Fish iirc, If IMP was any higher than that 1 Kilofoe calculation, we'd be inflating the speed to get FTL kinetic energy which is unquantifiable by our system. Though, there was the 609 Kilofoe high end, but that was rejected with further evaluation; has something to do with a practice that would highball the density iirc. But I think Spinosaurus was the one who knows details.

@Da_Lunge_Fish iirc, If IMP was any higher than that 1 Kilofoe calculation, we'd be inflating the speed to get FTL kinetic energy which is unquantifiable by our system. Though, there was the 609 Kilofoe high end, but that was rejected with further evaluation; has something to do with a practice that would highball the density iirc. But I think Spinosaurus was the one who knows details.
It's not about the feat being possibly higher or anything, I just think that the fact that IMP is 1 kilofoe doesn't automatically reject any higher feats, even if they are more casual.

@Joemungousaur The High 3-A thing comes from a what if which I'm not sure we can actually use. And if we're going to use it, we'd also have to label it as a suicide attack that pretty much kills everyone including Wally West himself. Also, it's more like Relativistic Mass Punch that's often confused with IMP which is what the 1 Kilofoe feat that's seen as a cap for Superman and pretty much every other Justice League member. Although, Green Lanterns have survived hits from it, it's still something that knocks them out regularly. And it's also the same attack Captain Zoom uses, and Wonder Woman described it as a punch that hurts a lot more than Superman's.

Superman's IML knocked him out from the whiplash and it was only 5-A to High 5-A. Which is what I thought Matt was referring to.

▪ "Lay waste" doesn't exactly mean destroying the surface of the planet, also we don't know exact timeframe for this.

▪ "Larger than the largest star" statement is in relation to the real universe stars, because we know that Apokolips is only Earth-sized in the real universe.

So this feat is barely High 6-A, because they were going to destroy the surface of an Earth-sized planet in unknown timeframe.

▪ Lightray's feat is from Pre-Crisis (1971 iirc), so it shouldn't scale to Post-Crisis characters.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clarifications. They are very appreciated.

I am not certain.

Are there any other suggested feats that you haven't commented about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back