• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Remove "possibly" for the Darkest Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.

characters fighting and nuking universes supposed to be plot manip?
Because they aren't just nuking universes? They were nuking stories.
Referring to lower D as stories
Not sure why you think it's referring to lower dimensions, the Chronicler explicitly stated that the stories of the Multiverse was different from the rest of the Multiverses of the Omniverse, and that he wrote the destruction of previous stories in his book. How can he write lower dimensions in his book?
This may be nitpicking, but a villain saying he is going to change the story so there is no more happy ending and the good will never win, can be easily metaphors.
I mean thats the tone i got from it
1: You didn't address my first scan

2: What would the metaphor mean in this context? Plus Robin King mentions how these kind of stories would have never been allowed in the Multiverse before, how would your interpretation make sense with this?

This would still not be plot manipulation. Destroying stories can be the same as the entirety of a universe
Scan mentions how The Hands would have destroyed the characters and their stories. Are you saying each character had a universe to their own?

"All history. All stories will be remembered........."

That's not plot manip
The Hands were restoring them, meaning they were literally remaking them. How is that not Plot Manip? The second scan is even more blatant, mentioning how the Multiverse was destroyed and then remade.

Let's say it is not a plot manipulation; what do you call it? You can't say it is not Plot manipulation, but not calling alternative.
And you also can't ignore the ability, that's literally one of his abilities (I think it is main as it is presented in comics)

Referring to living beings as living out their personal stories does usually not mean genuine plot manipulation though.

Because they aren't just nuking universes? They were nuking stories.
Which can be easily said to mean worlds/universes especially since he said they were been destroyed instead of reaching their natural conclusion
Not sure why you think it's referring to lower dimensions, the Chronicler explicitly stated that the stories of the Multiverse was different from the rest of the Multiverses of the Omniverse, and that he wrote the destruction of previous stories in his book. How can he write lower dimensions in his book?
If he is capable of writing stories or calling things stories, he sees them as lower D
1: You didn't address my first scan
It is as metaphorical as it gets :let robin king introduce you to some stories in which things went wrong.

Thats is not plot manip
2: What would the metaphor mean in this context? Plus Robin King mentions how these kind of stories would have never been allowed in the Multiverse before, how would your interpretation make sense with this?
Never been allowed before him, do you see him writing a story here or just doing evil things?
Scan mentions how The Hands would have destroyed the characters and their stories. Are you saying each character had a universe to their own?
Destroying someone and their stories in EE, high godly EE.
Destroying someone across all of history.
The Hands were restoring them, meaning they were literally remaking them. How is that not Plot Manip? The second scan is even more blatant, mentioning how the Multiverse was destroyed and then remade.
Meaning capable of high godly regen and reality warping
Also to add on to the Chronicler point, they were going to end the grand story of creation
This means nothing, "the great story unfinished and the mystery unsolved"
It means he died before he could fulfil what he wanted not because he is writing a story and he did not finish it.

How is it reality warping?
There is a "/" meaning possibly, depending on what you are bring back.
Certainly bringing back the clothes you wore or the things you created e.t.c. should fall under reality warping, I may be wrong tho as HGR may comprise of all that

There is a "/" meaning possibly, depending on what you are bring back.
Certainly bringing back the clothes you wore or the things you created e.t.c. should fall under reality warping, I may be wrong tho as HGR may comprise of all that
Ya, it is reality warping. Bringing something to reality is the literal definition of reality warping.
Got another question, destroying stories that present universes/multiverses and have been shown affects reality. Which ability is that?

Which can be easily said to mean worlds/universes especially since he said they were been destroyed instead of reaching their natural conclusion
Wouldn't make sense considering Chronicler earlier used stories to refer to the stories of the Multiverse's beings.
If he is capable of writing stories or calling things stories, he sees them as lower D
See above
It is as metaphorical as it gets :let robin king introduce you to some stories in which things went wrong.

Thats is not plot manip
Never been allowed before him, do you see him writing a story here or just doing evil things?
The latter wouldn't apply here considering what Mandrakk and Darkseid did in Final Crisis.
Destroying someone and their stories in EE, high godly EE.
Destroying someone across all of history.
Meaning capable of high godly regen and reality warping
I am okay with applying these abilities instead of Plot Manip.

This means nothing, "the great story unfinished and the mystery unsolved"
It means he died before he could fulfil what he wanted not because he is writing a story and he did not finish it
Are you saying here that Metron was writing a story or that he wasn't writing one?

destroying stories that present universes/multiverses and have been shown affects reality. Which ability is that?
Can you rephrase this better.

Do you mean destroying stories in a way that it affected all other universes/multiverses?
Which is why I said destroying stories should be EE
The latter wouldn't apply here considering what Mandrakk and Darkseid did in Final Crisis.

I am okay with applying these abilities instead of Plot Manip.
That is a better alternative to plot manip and a more accurate one
Are you saying here that Metron was writing a story or that he wasn't writing one?
I am saying he himself is inside a story but could not see it to the end

Why High-Godly regeneration? It sees exaggerated based on how Perpetua and The Darkest Knight were killed.

It sees exaggerated based on how Perpetua and The Darkest Knight were killed.
TDK was killed by WW pushing him into the Death Sun, which is the End of all Things including stories.

Perpetua was killed when she lost access to her power supply and the source wall fragments were also used. TDK did say the fragments weren't necessary for him, but this would make sense since he himself has High Godly abilities.

Okay, but if they had High-Godly Regeneration they should probably have been able to recover from that, and what is the evidence for such a very extreme ability in the first place?

Okay, but if they had High-Godly Regeneration they should probably have been able to recover from that
No.

1: TDK was killed in the Death Sun which destroyed stories, which is High Godly EE as Pain explained above. I am not arguing for TDK having high godly regen anyway, just high godly EE.

2: Perpetua was mostly depowered, so she didn't have access to most of her powers, and the ones she did have access to, were more limited

and what is the evidence for such a very extreme ability in the first place?
Meaning capable of high godly regen

Okay, but if they had High-Godly Regeneration they should probably have been able to recover from that, and what is the evidence for such a very extreme ability in the first place?
The problem was the Death Sun is the rest of everything including the Greater Omniverse. Nothing of what we seen can suggest anything could survive as Diana herself did die. It was the end for everything like Anti-Crisis(Selflesness - Past and Future ) and Crisis(Selfishness - Present), Stroies, and etc...... Diana ascended to a place without definition or context with one of the Hands that exist beyond logically coherent understanding of reality.

I guess it does underlay there regen may not be infinite but the problem is even the person witnessing the event would probably not even survive it. Scott writing then was a bit uncanny but I think Mid-Tier could due with the possibility of High-Tier Godly Regen.

No.

1: TDK was killed in the Death Sun which destroyed stories, which is High Godly EE as Pain explained above. I am not arguing for TDK having high godly regen anyway, just high godly EE.

2: Perpetua was mostly depowered, so she didn't have access to most of her powers, and the ones she did have access to, were more limited

Okay, but what are the reasons for High-Godly regeneration in the first place?

I think what I said was high godly EE not regen for them that can erase stories. And also high godly healing and reality warping for anyone who can bring them back.
I don't see any of the characters themselves having high godly regen,
@Transcending or do you have something that you think can qualify let me look at it

If you put it that way I also don’t see it as well but for the most part writing is always inconsistent.

Logically speaking DK was a able to tank Superboy Prime hit that defeated himself.

Also survive against Perpetua which no matter how low se was on Crisis Energy still speak volume.

At full power, without bad writing trope I can see a “possibility” for it but other than that I guess we use more presumption than anything concise evidence. That's just how comics are written because at full-power they could literally be indestructible and in another get defeated by lesser beings.

I think what I said was high godly EE not regen for them that can erase stories. And also high godly healing and reality warping for anyone who can bring them back.
@Transcending or do you have something that you think can qualify let me look at it
I don't have anything that shows TDK, The Hands, or Perpetua regenerating from their fundamental aspects getting destroyed, just them restoring and regenerating the stories of other beings.

So High Godly healing instead of regen?

I never knew of smth called High Godly EE tbh

Regeneration*, there is no high Godly healing
There is actually

I never knew of smth called High Godly EE tbh
I don't think that's something we include in the profile, but EE has different potencies so High Godly EE is just a way of saying that its potency is on the level of High Godly.

In the profile, we would just write:

Existence Erasure(Was destroying stories, fundamental aspects of the beings of the Multiverse)

Hmm, I have a question, should we fix the statistics of Superboy-Prime in his last key as Unknown? when he fought The Darkest Knight at that time TDK power level was not full power or normal, like when he fought perpetua and kill her, as Note stated.
  • Despite Superboy-Prime defeating the Darkest Knight, it should be noted that the latter's connection with Earth-0, which allowed him to tap more Crisis Energy from it, was temporally severed by the combined efforts of the heroes and the villains, greatly weakening him. Because of this, do not try to scale Superboy-Prime to the Darkest Knight at full power.
and we don't even know what the TDK power level was at the time. So I think his last key should be edited to Unknown.

Last edited:
Not just that, but TDK was also holding back and SPB killed himself punching him. Considering this TDK didn't have his crisis energies and was weakened by Perpetua beforehand as well, I am fine with Unknown.

The profile also states that TDK admitted he couldn't beat SPB, but looking at the context of the story, it's pretty clear that this was part of his manipulation.

One thing SPB did do however, is destroy the Last 52 which contains 52 universes, so a Low Multiversal feat. We could also use this to scale TDK's Pre-Crisis energy key

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back