• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Remove "possibly" for the Darkest Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not just that, but TDK was also holding back and SPB killed himself punching him. Considering this TDK didn't have his crisis energies and was weakened by Perpetua beforehand as well, I am fine with Unknown.

The profile also states that TDK admitted he couldn't beat SPB, but looking at the context of the story, it's pretty clear that this was part of his manipulation.

One thing SPB did do however, is destroy the Last 52 which contains 52 universes, so a Low Multiversal feat. We could also use this to scale TDK's Pre-Crisis energy key
at least Low Multiversal, safest for him. Lol

In conclusion. which characters will be fixed?

Pain makes sense.

But to make it clear if this comes up again, the reasoning for the rejection isn't "it's not metafictional enough", it's that destroying lower-D worlds isn't actually manipulating a plot, it's just AP, and the other stuff sounds like metaphors, rather than literal alterations of stories underlying reality.

Literally, the stories he destroyed effect reality. Which ability do you call that?

If by "effect reality", you mean "destroying lower worlds makes those worlds no longer exist", then no ability would be granted, because that's just a natural effect of such a destruction feat.

If you mean "this character can tear up a piece of paper with a drawing of a person on it, resulting in that person standing next to them being torn to pieces", then it'd be Damage Transferal I guess.

High-Godly Healing seems fine to me, and Power Absorption for TDK as well.

I will unlock The Hands (DC Comics), Perpetua, and The Batman Who Laughs. Do you need any other pages unlocked as well?

High-Godly Healing seems fine to me, and Power Absorption for TDK as well.

I will unlock The Hands (DC Comics), Perpetua, and The Batman Who Laughs. Do you need any other pages unlocked as well?
Also what do you think about Superboy-Prime? Should we downgrade him to Low Multi?

Well, a 1-A statistic seems like a massive outlier, but please elaborate/give further context please.

Well, a 1-A statistic seems like a massive outlier, but please elaborate/give further context please.
Basically, he's Low Complex right now because he could fight a weakened TDK. TDK being weakened is stated in the profile itself, but, the way TDK was weakened is that he lost his access to Crisis Energy. We rate TDK without Crisis Energy currently as Unknown, so the Low Complex logic doesn't hold.

Along with that, TDK was also holding back and him saying he couldn't kill SPB was simply a part of his manipulation which is clear when you read the story. TDK was trying to recruit SPB into his army. And this is not even mentioning the fact that all of SPB's punches, except his last one, didn't seem to affect TDK much, and that last one was SPB overexerting himself to the point the power of the punch killed himself.

So SPB explicitly doesn't scale to TDK, however, in the story he managed to destroy TDK's Multiverse which consists of 52 universes so that's a Low Multi feat. And considering the TDK he fought didn't have his crisis energy, we can scale TDK's first key to Low Multi as well.

In Conclusion, I believe SPB should neither be 1-A nor Low 1-C but just 2-C. TDK's first key should scale to SPB so that should be upgraded from Unknown to 2-C

Thank you for the explanation.

However, wouldn't it work better if we simply change Prime's Death Metal event tier from Low 1-C to Unknown instead then? 2-C seems too low for somebody with Doctor Manhattan's powers.

Wally West with the Mobius chair/anti-crisis energy should be a 1-A since the one who laughs wanted his energy to kill Perpetua.

Also Doctor Manhattan should be a 1-A FRA.

And Superboy Prime in Death Metal matched the Darkest Knight sooooo...

Last edited:
Wally West with the Mobius chair/anti-crisis energy should be a 1-A since the one who laughs wanted his energy to kill Perpetua.
I disagree, he could only flee TDK (before crisis energy) and that's not his achievement but of TDK, Anti-crisis energy + TDK (before crisis energy) > Perpetua. TDK not wally

Last edited:
And Superboy Prime in Death Metal matched the Darkest Knight sooooo.
That wouldn't work due to the context I explained above

Basically, he's Low Complex right now because he could fight a weakened TDK. TDK being weakened is stated in the profile itself, but, the way TDK was weakened is that he lost his access to Crisis Energy. We rate TDK without Crisis Energy currently as Unknown, so the Low Complex logic doesn't hold.

Along with that, TDK was also holding back and him saying he couldn't kill SPB was simply a part of his manipulation which is clear when you read the story. TDK was trying to recruit SPB into his army. And this is not even mentioning the fact that all of SPB's punches, except his last one, didn't seem to affect TDK much, and that last one was SPB overexerting himself to the point the power of the punch killed himself.

So SPB explicitly doesn't scale to TDK, however, in the story he managed to destroy TDK's Multiverse which consists of 52 universes so that's a Low Multi feat. And considering the TDK he fought didn't have his crisis energy, we can scale TDK's first key to Low Multi as well.

In Conclusion, I believe SPB should neither be 1-A nor Low 1-C but just 2-C. TDK's first key should scale to SPB so that should be upgraded from Unknown to 2-C

Since TDK without Crisis Energy+Wally's energy= 1-A(scaling to Perpetua), and we know Wally<TDK, wouldn't TDK without Crisis Energy need to be 1-A as well? After all, any lower tier added twice wouldn't reach 1-A, like Low 1-A+Low 1-A=Low 1-A, not 1-A.

So the only way TDK(without CE)+Wally>1-A(Perpetua) can happen is if TDK himself was 1-A.

I definitely disagree with SPB getting to 1-A though. Even if this feat is 1-A for him, it would be an unimaginably big outlier.

Since TDK without Crisis Energy+Wally's energy= 1-A(scaling to Perpetua), and we know Wally<TDK, wouldn't TDK without Crisis Energy need to be 1-A as well? After all, any lower tier added twice wouldn't reach 1-A, like Low 1-A+Low 1-A=Low 1-A, not 1-A.

So the only way TDK(without CE)+Wally>1-A(Perpetua) can happen is if TDK himself was 1-A.

I definitely disagree with SPB getting to 1-A though. Even if this feat is 1-A for him, it would be an unimaginably big outlier.
Agree with you

If he gets infinitely stronger feats in death metal, then he's just infinitely stronger than his past self. You'd need evidence of it being an outlier
Then if Batman was to potentially one shot Superman in a new comic, would you say Batman should be upgraded to 4-B?

An Outlier is a feat that is completely inconsistent with how a character is normally portrayed. A single instance of him fighting TDK is completely inconsistent with how he is normally portrayed.

Then if Batman was to potentially one shot Superman in a new comic, would you say Batman should be upgraded to 4-B?
By default yes, just that it would usually be contradicted in a later issue so the chances of it happening are slim

A single instance of him fighting TDK is completely inconsistent with how he is normally portrayed.

SBP could have easily changed over the years dude, Kryptonians grow stronger at different rates

By default yes, just that it would usually be contradicted in a later issue so the chances of it happening are slim
No it wouldn't. The definition of an outlier is not a feat that is shown inconsistent in future instances. It's just a feat being inconsistent with other consistent feats. Whether the other feats happen in the future or the past doesn't matter.

Copying from the wiki page-
An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power
Normal displayed level of power, not future displayed level of power.

SBP could have easily changed over the years dude, Kryptonians grow stronger at different rates
Even if he could, using that as evidence would be an Appeal to Possibility. There's no canon statement that he got infinitely stronger, just a single feat.

Additionally, as stated in the third guideline for Outliers-
3) Is the event unexplained and unjustified? If an extreme incident is not accompanied by any kind of explanation that justifies it, it is probably an outlier.
The second guideline is also important-
2) Is it a unique or exceptional incident? If incidents of a similar level are repeated consistently over time, they are unlikely to be outliers. Usually, from the third incident onwards.
Third incident, not the first.

Of course, the first guideline is the most important.
1) Is it a big jump or drop in power?
Going from Tier 2-Low Tier 1 to 1-A is certainly a big jump in power.

Here’s what I don’t get. We allow SBP to get low 1-C for fighting TDK just fine, but all of a sudden because TDK gets an upgrade, SBP’s feat becomes somehow invalid, like the jump from tier 2 to low 1-C is any less ridiculous than the jump between tier 2 and 1-A.

what I further don’t get, is why we’re treating the “1-A” as a big no, when we all know it’s likely gonna be high 1-C after the cosmology split.

so pretending “1-A is too high” is just silly.

I feel like I’m ranting and I am behind on this thread so I could just be rambling about nonsense, but in general, we shouldn’t be talking about 1-A anything. For all intents and purposes this is a scaling thread, and the tiers are placeholders for the most part.

Also, might I add, I think we should take into consideration who wrote this fight and compare it to who wrote his last appearance. I don’t think it’s fair that we only split the cosmology by author, character powers and feats likely also fluctuate with authors.

No it wouldn't. The definition of an outlier is not a feat that is shown inconsistent in future instances. It's just a feat being inconsistent with other consistent feats. Whether the other feats happen in the future or the past doesn't matter.

Copying from the wiki page-

Normal displayed level of power, not future displayed level of power.

Even if he could, using that as evidence would be an Appeal to Possibility. There's no canon statement that he got infinitely stronger, just a single feat.

Additionally, as stated in the third guideline for Outliers-

The second guideline is also important-

Third incident, not the first.

Of course, the first guideline is the most important.

Going from Tier 2-Low Tier 1 to 1-A is certainly a big jump in power.
This is like using Saiyan Saga anti feats to say Goku is weaker than Frieza in the Buu Saga or something. You can't use old feats as anti feats. His "normal" display of power is from his past self

There's no canon statement that its an outlier either

3) Is the event unexplained and unjustified? If an extreme incident is not accompanied by any kind of explanation that justifies it, it is probably an outlier.

Not every single thing needs an explanation. Superboy Prime could have just either trained or gained power from sunlight to grow stronger, like how kryptonians such as Superman can go from surviving 4-B attacks to surviving the death of all creation in where is thy sting, or shattering Neron's infinite realities when he was amped by his love. So Kryptonians getting infinitely stronger isn't something new

1) Is it a big jump or drop in power?

Appeal to incredulity. SBP has 4-B to tier 2 feats in post crisis, and years later, is stronger than ever so he should just be tier 1.

There is also people like Hal Jordan jumping from 2-C likely 2-A all the way to 4-B after the crisis even though no explanation was given for his big drop in power

This is like using Saiyan Saga anti feats to say Goku is weaker than Frieza in the Buu Saga or something. You can't use old feats as anti feats. His "normal" display of power is from his past self

Not every single thing needs an explanation. Superboy Prime could have just either trained or gained power from sunlight to grow stronger, like how kryptonians such as Superman can go from surviving 4-B attacks to surviving the death of all creation in where is thy sting, or shattering Neron's infinite realities when he was amped by his love. So Kryptonians getting infinitely stronger isn't something new

Appeal to incredulity. SBP has 4-B to tier 2 feats in post crisis, and years later, is stronger than ever so he should just be tier 1.

There is also people like Hal Jordan jumping from 2-C likely 2-A all the way to 4-B after the crisis even though no explanation was given for his big drop in power
when was SBP's last appearance published?

You can use old anti-feats if his new feats aren't consistent. You need 3+ feats on the same level at the very least to prove consistency.
Why would there need to be? The person making the positive claim here(SPB is 1-A) is still you, you will need to provide all your evidences. I simply need to prove your evidences aren't solid.
Not every single thing needs an explanation.
I am aware, which is why the page says "probably" and not "definitely", meaning the chance of it being an outlier is high but not complete. To make it complete is why I provided two more guidelines.
Superboy Prime could have just either trained or gained power from sunlight to grow stronger
This would be an Appeal to Possibility, you will need to show some solid proof he did these.
like how kryptonians such as Superman can go from surviving 4-B attacks to surviving the death of all creation in where is thy sting, or shattering Neron's infinite realities when he was amped by his love. So Kryptonians getting infinitely stronger isn't something new
The wiki considers the former feat to be a dream and the latter feat to be an illusion. I personally disagree with the wiki on this but unless you can change how the wiki views these feats, they wouldn't be valid in our argument.
1: Was he stated canonically to be stronger than ever?

2: He could be Tier 1, but we aren't talking just Tier 1. We are talking 1-A. Going from Tier 2 to Tier 1 requires just one qualitative superiority, going from Tier 2 to 1-A requires Aleph 2 amount of qualitative superiorities. That certainly needs lots more evidence.
1: Never said an explanation needs to be given. It can still happen without an explanation, just that you would need more proof to counter the corresponding guideline.

2: They mention "raw willpower" as a reason.

Would you be willing to update our SBP page to what I accepted earlier, Transcending?

Oh thank god since a 1-A Super boy would be ridiculous,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back