• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Comics - Animal Man Cosmology Determination

Status
Not open for further replies.
We go with the most likely, hence why the "possibly" and "likely" affixes even exist.
Without evidence linking the concept of a dream directly to Buddy, I do not see why we'd add it to his profile.

By definition:

"a series of events or images that happen in your mind when you are sleeping:"
In real life, sure. That is not often the case in fiction, especially when we are referring to the creation of a universe.

I expect behaviour that is even and follows the behaviour you have set before, not to become soft-handed because it is said by the side you have thrown your weight behind is nothing short of shameful.
This is incoherent.

The Opposition has been absurdly vitriolic for no apparant cause.
the opposition has been uber toxic from the looks of it.
I'd love to see specific examples.

I don't think Animal Man is dreaming reality, merely that reality is a dream.
Then how is that relevant to Animal Man's profile? Reality being a dream is only relevant to tiering when we are able to contrast it against the dreamer.

While zooming in from the Universe to a Planet, the scan says: "Everywhere in the space of the Dream, worlds come to be without effort" as it's zooming in on a world.
I get that and I’m not disproving the space been a low 1-C space what I am saying is how does that fit into his whole cosmology

Anyway I will wait for him to reply me on my post above asking him to give relations between these said spaces

Without evidence linking the concept of a dream directly to Buddy, I do not see why we'd add it to his profile.
There is evidence, I'm not going ad nauseum with you when I've explained why. You're inability to comprehend what I've said is not my problem.
In real life, sure. That is not often the case in fiction, especially when we are referring to the creation of a universe.
What Universe is specifically a Dream without a Dreamer? Not an Illusion, or such, specifically just a Dream without a Dreamer.
This is incoherent.
Not my problem you don't know what precedent is.
Then how is that relevant to Animal Man's profile? Reality being a dream is only relevant to tiering when we are able to contrast it against the dreamer.
Because there exists a cosmology itself outside of Animal Man?

Like, just because it isn't Animal Man who is Low 1-C, doesn't mean it doesn't affect his higher tiers?

The thread has snowballed out of control and I do not have a lot of confidence that these arguments are going to get anywhere. Personally, I do not see adequate evidence for the key assertions that xearsay has used, and more importantly I don't even necessarily understand how or why he arrived at the tiers he did.

At the highest tiers, it largely becomes matter of transcendence, higher spatial dimensions, and qualitatively greater infinities.

I think pain_to12's suggestion is ideal. Xearsay needs to condense his CRT into a clear and concise assessment of tiers and transcendence as he sees it.

I mean actual things that I have said which you consider "absurdly vitriolic."

He has been quite aggressive and personal about Xearsay's alleged "wanking".
Again, I don't understand why "wanking" is in quotes when I never used that term.

I only addressed it when it was brought up in the thread, and aggressive seems like an overstatement. I gave my honest assessment that Xearsay has a known habit of overtiering DC characters. That's hardly vitriol.

He has been quite aggressive and personal about Xearsay's alleged "wanking".
That is a perfectly legitimate sentiment, given that Xearsay has a consistent history of this behaviour, and given that he is mostly repeating himself regarding arguments that were firmly rejected and debunked in other discussion threads.

Anyway, let's stop with the derailing please.

That is a perfectly legitimate sentiment, given that Xearsay has a consistent history of this behaviour, and given that he is mostly repeating himself regarding arguments that were firmly rejected and debunked in other discussion threads.
I'm sorry, but I disagree, his arguments are new, and have gathered a decent amount of support from people knowledgeable on dimensional tiering.

The thread has snowballed out of control and I do not have a lot of confidence that these arguments are going to get anywhere. Personally, I do not see adequate evidence for the key assertions that xearsay has used, and more importantly I don't even necessarily understand how or why he arrived at the tiers he did.

At the highest tiers, it largely becomes matter of transcendence, higher spatial dimensions, and qualitatively greater infinities.

I think pain_to12's suggestion is ideal. Xearsay needs to condense his CRT into a clear and concise assessment of tiers and transcendence as he sees it.
Yes, agreed.
I mean actual things that I have said which you consider "absurdly vitriolic."
That would be appreciated, yes.
Again, I don't understand why "wanking" is in quotes when I never used that term.

I only addressed it when it was brought up in the thread, and aggressive seems like an overstatement. I gave my honest assessment that Xearsay has a known habit of overtiering DC characters. That's hardly vitriol.
Also agreed.

There is evidence, I'm not going ad nauseum with you when I've explained why. You're inability to comprehend what I've said is not my problem.
If you have already provided reasoning, it would be trivial to copy and paste your explanation. The reality is you haven't actually explained why. If you are going to refuse to do so, that's your business.

What Universe is specifically a Dream without a Dreamer? Not an Illusion, or such, specifically just a Dream without a Dreamer.
Are you not asserting in this very thread that reality is a dream, but Buddy is not the dreamer? If not Buddy, then who?

Because there exists a cosmology itself outside of Animal Man?

Like, just because it isn't Animal Man who is Low 1-C, doesn't mean it doesn't affect his higher tiers?
Outside of the Animal Man story, the cosmology is dictated by different storylines. The main reason why we are tiering specifically from cosmology in the Animal Man storyline is because it is utterly incompatible with the mainstream DC cosmology.

I'm sorry, but I disagree, his arguments are new, and have gathered a decent amount of support from people knowledgeable on dimensional tiering.
I can't see the value of that support if none of them have explained how or why they agree with the tiering. Simply coming into a thread and saying "I agree" means very little if none of the main points of contention can be meaningfully addressed.

I think this debate might go on forever...
Three pages is hardly forever.

I can't see the value of that support if none of them have explained how or why they agree with the tiering. Simply coming into a thread and saying "I agree" means very little if none of the main points of contention can be meaningfully addressed.
Given that the contention is being debated against, it clearly means they agree with Xearsay's points more than yours, it's not like there's no rebuttals to your arguments actively going on.

I do not think they are, and the problem is that he seem to be misrepresenting the context of what he is claiming and does not provide adequate schematic reasoning for the ridiculously extreme tiers that he wants to impose.

I also do not know if the single person on his side who knows our tiering system reasonably well also knows DC Comics sufficiently well in combination.

OP hasn't made this stuff repeatedly, and most of his stuff got shot down because of cosmology split promise. In addition to, last time his Animal Man thread got closed before he could even reply, and this time, he is making better arguments than before and brought more/different scans from what I can remember. OP has generally made good threads and has acted in a good manner - at least from what I can remember from being present in a number of their threads.

I think this debate might go on forever...
What debate? Currently thIs has turned into one side trying to discredit Deagonx in a neverending series of ad hominem derailment posts, rather than focusing on receiving matter-of-fact evidence and schematic logical reasoning from Xearsay which can then be evaluated.

I do not think they are, and the problem is that he seem to be misrepresenting the context of what he is claiming and does not provide adequate schematic reasoning for the ridiculously extreme tiers that he wants to impose.
Ant.

The tier they're arguing about right now is Low 1-C.

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

What debate? Currently thIs has turned into one side trying to discredit Deagonx in a neverending series of ad hominem derailment posts, rather than focusing on receiving matter-of-fact evidence and schematic logical reasoning from Xearsay which can then be evaluated.
Ant. That's the biggest load of Cope and projection I've ever seen.

You went to TOPIC BAN Xearsay. You were one of the people trying to discredit him, not people discrediting Deagonx. No one has said anything about Deagonx.

Given that the contention is being debated against, it clearly means they agree with Xearsay's points more than yours, it's not like there's no rebuttals to your arguments actively going on.
Hey, can you please also try and give the OP an in depth read? And get the context

And also can everyone just try and calm down and well let the actual arguments continue

it's not like there's no rebuttals to your arguments actively going on.
I mean, my arguments are being replied to, certainly.

after all context is well presented and everything is sourced.
It's formatted in a clean way, and there are links to scans. However, his core arguments have not been justified or sourced. There is a lot, and I mean a lot of assumptions cooked into each of the arguments that don't seem to have clear support for them, and Xear has repeatedly refused to provide a clear explanation of how/why he arrived at the tiers he did.

Ant.

What? Xear is actively arguing for high 1-A for different aspects of the cosmology.

This thread seems to be more about Xearsay's and Deagon's character rn rather than Animal Man, it's getting badly derailed.

Ant.

It’s the whole thing above 1-C I’m discrediting
There is more than enough proof for low 1-C
Higher? Nothing much
And you really should not be accusing someone of not reading the whole thread, why are you acting like High 1-A is not been argued here?

This is not something you can use to ignore their opinions, though, after all context is well presented and everything is sourced.
DC Comics is a completely incoherent mess in terms of cohesive continuity and as can be readily seen in many respect threads for its characters, it is easy to misrepresent contexts, which often require reading the full stories to get a decent grasp of.

Xearsay litterally got threatened with a discussion ban which YOU seemed to side with, please don’t talk about discrediting arguments
I suppose that we might have to forbid Xearsay from ever trying to sneak in this revision yet again in any other discussion threads, if he just repeats the same rejected arguments over and over and hopes that nobody knowledgeable enough to debunk them will be available to do so the next time.

DC Comics is a completely incoherent mess in terms of cohesive continuity and as can be readily seen in many respect threads for its characters, it is easy to misrepresent contexts, which often require reading the full stories to get a decent grasp of.
None of which says that Xearsay hasn't done.

You're just assuming he hasn't because you personally didn't like him from past threads though. People very clearly do not agree with you, Ant.

We've gone through a rather roundabout way of getting there, but I think we are more or less at the same stopping point as his last thread: How exactly did Xear arrive at the tiering conclusions that he did? There needs to be an explanation specifically addressing the tiering criteria. Pain_to12 did a good job of explaining how it isn't there. There are multiple people who say they agree with Xear, but can any of them offer their own explanation as to why they think this cosmology reaches High 1-A, with reference to the criteria?

Thank you very much for helping out, Deagonx. The suggested tiering seems to have been rejected then, both here and in a previous thread.

I suppose that we might have to forbid Xearsay from ever trying to sneak in this revision yet again in any other discussion threads, if he just repeats the same rejected arguments over and over and hopes that nobody knowledgeable enough to debunk them will be available to do so the next time.
Tries to close the thread and end the argument straight away after the very start of the disagreements. Disingeniously claims that this is a malicious attempt to do an upgrade on what? The basis that he's "tried to do this before" micharacterizing his arguments as if there wasn't new evidence at play.
However, again, I am fine with allowing this discussion to continue for a while longer, but would much prefer some input from the members that I sent notifications to above.

Regardless, I am not going to change my mind about what I said above in this post, given my extensive previous experiences with Xearsay's general biased or possibly deliberately misleading approach to this verse, and I am too busy IRL and with other community tasks to argue with you further about the issue, so let's stop with the derailment please.
Keep in mind this is a thread that had new information with an ongoing discourse before. Ant is clearly trying to use his powers to shut down this discourse. Ive already seen him act this way before (2-A Superman removal).

I could go on and on about Ant's behaviour in this thread, but i won't. Its nothing short of embarrasing. More power to Xearsay cuz i swear to god if i put time and effort into making a thread and replying to comments disagreeing just to have a person trying to use their power to end the thread in its infancy, make snide and rude comments towards their intentions and their character i would not have been 1% as calm as he was.

I'm not going to waste anymore time derailing. Goku solos. Godspeed yall.

Ant.

Low 1-C would fit with other parts of the established Morrison cosmology, but as far as Xearsay told me earlier, he wants High 1-A for the greatest parts of the cosmology.
Ant. That's the biggest load of Cope and projection I've ever seen.

You went to TOPIC BAN Xearsay. You were one of the people trying to discredit him, not people discrediting Deagonx. No one has said anything about Deagonx.
I briefly asked about input regarding if it was a good idea, given that I have seen Xearsay relentlessly try to exaggerate DC Comics tiers in other threads, no matter how thoroughly his claims were disproven, but I admittedly do not always have a good sense of judgement regarding what I say, and given that I am in theory sort of in charge here (even though I almost always let others make the decisions), if I offhandedly say something ill-considered it tends to give rise to much greater overreactions than if somebody else does so.

Last edited:
Tries to close the thread and end the argument straight away after the very start of the disagreements.
Because this exact topic had already been discussed to satisfaction in another thread. It isn't as though Ant simply wanted to close it for no reason.

"tried to do this before" micharacterizing his arguments as if there wasn't new evidence at play.
There really isn't. It's repackaged from the last thread, in many cases almost verbatim.

I could go on and on about Ant's behaviour in this thread, but i won't. Its nothing short of embarrasing. More power to Xearsay cuz i swear to god if i put time and effort into making a thread and replying to comments disagreeing just to have a person trying to use their power to end the thread in its infancy, make snide and rude comments towards their intentions and their character i would not have been 1% as calm as he was.
I don't see anything improper about Ant's behavior in this thread. Suggesting that a thread might be closed is hardly some mortal sin, especially since Xear's last attempt at this was already closed several months ago. People are acting like he killed someone's first born son for asking a question.

Confluctor has already summed it up best

Nobody is getting topic banned, hell no. OP hasn't made this stuff repeatedly, and most of his stuff got shot down because of cosmology split promise. In addition to, last time his Animal Man thread got closed before he could even reply, and this time, he is making better arguments than before and brought more/different scans from what I can remember. OP has generally made good threads and has acted in a good manner - at least from what I can remember from being present in a number of their threads. Seems like the argument to topic ban him and to shoot down his CRT comes from a very bad faith - and some might even call it "bias".

Xearsay litterally got threatened with a discussion ban which YOU seemed to side with, please don’t talk about discrediting arguments
Okay, I agree that musing out loud in a stream of consciousness wasn't a good idea.

Low 1-C would fit with other parts of the established Morrison cosmology, but as far as Xearsay told me earlier, he wants High 1-A for the greatest parts of the cosmology.
...Then how is that misrepresenting anything and most of the argument has been for the Low 1-C part of the cosmology, Xearsay saying that they want High 1-A at the start of the thread is outdated in the extreme by the preceding arguments and events, he can't misrepresent anything for "extreme tiers" if everything has been focused on Low 1-C.

And who CARES if it gets High 1-A, the goal of indexing isn't to be this magical arbiter of what goes were. If it meets the requirements, it MEETS THE REQUIREMENTS and the goals stay where they were.

We are not the gatekeepers to the Higher tiers, and this attitude of "WAHHHHHHHH, TOO MANY HIGH TIERS, WAHHHHHHH" is the most little bitch behaviour there is.

I briefly asked about input regarding if it was a good idea, given that I have seen Xearsay relentlessly try to exaggerate DC Comics tiers in other threads
Disagreeing with you isn't exaggerating DC comic tiers.

no matter how thoroughly his claims were disproven
Presenting counter-arguments isn't a crime.

Because this exact topic had already been discussed to satisfaction in another thread. It isn't as though Ant simply wanted to close it for no reason.
That is correct, yes, but I sometimes get impatient due to repeatedly having to deal with similar arguments from the same people, in combination with quickly jumping between different tasks, which doesn't always end well if my attention is strained and I do not consider my responses well.
There really isn't. It's repackaged from the last thread, in many cases almost verbatim.

I don't see anything improper about Ant's behavior in this thread. Suggesting that a thread might be closed is hardly some mortal sin, especially since Xear's last attempt at this was already closed several months ago. People are acting like he killed someone's first born son for asking a question.
Thank you for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back