• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Animated Movies Darkseid Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there is a profile of the DC Animated Movie's version of Darkseid in which Darkseid's tier is High 7-A scaling from Superman who's able to move an entire mountain. I have recently watched all the DC Animated Movie Universe movies and nowhere was it shown or even stated that Superman has done such a feat. Not forget to mention that there are no scans in the entire profile which backs up that Superman did such a feat. If anything, he should be put to 8-A due to being much stronger than Superman who shook the city of Metropolis in his fight with Doomsday. What do you guys think?

He should probably get his one explosive wave fest calculated, but otherwise I agree that he shouldn't be High 7-A.

Qawsedf234 is correct. A calculation is best. If nobody reacts within a few days, you can politely ask a few calc group members directly instead: VS Battles Staff

I've rewatched the movies and scenes and apart from the water monster, yeah i made a rather big mistake with this one. So i think it shoud be changed. Sorry for the lost of time to change it btw.

ArkhamDC06 said:
I've rewatched the movies and scenes and apart from the water monster, yeah i made a rather big mistake with this one. So i think it shoud be changed. Sorry for the lost of time to change it btw.
Oh it's ok, not a problem.

To ask, why should people scale to Flash? Like he doesn't always go 100% and it takes him extreme effort to go SoL/FTL. I know they should be at least MHS or MHS+ since you have stuff like Cyborg Superman casually flying into outerspace with a missile or the Flash running or raindrops.

They should at least have comparable reflexes and reactions, at least for the ones who are able to react to his strikes. Of course, there is the specific example of Thawne.

So what would be Darkseid's tier, 8-A (from what i can read on this thread) ? And to what tier should Metropolis correspond to you ?

I dunno though. Flash seems to have scaled reactions or at least he gets faster the more effort he puts into. Guess I'm just iffy on the Rel rating.

As for Darkseid he should probably be "At least 8-A".

Sounds right. He is basically the fastest character of the Animated Movies verse (along with Zoom) in termes of pure speed. Then again, it's normal that he gets faster the more efforts he makes. Though the time changing feat in Flashpoint Paradow isn't a regular one of course.

Wich should put Superman, Wonder Woman and comparable others to 8-A (should Flash be put to 8-A to ?). Doomsday is likely 8-A to or maybe slightly stronger than Supes.

Zoom and Flash being FTL/Rel is fine imo. I'm just iffy on scaling others to them. Although considering Flash was out of breath when he outran the Omega Beams I guess the Rel rating may be warrented. But we need a bit more for Flash imo.

I'm down for them being Rel (Flash was out of breath and genuinely viewed Darkseid as a threat to him speed wise)

Aside from Zoom naturally, other characters are not as fast as Flash. Omega Beams can be comparable to some extent but i agree that he's still faster than other ones, though some can have reactions that would allow them to somehow keep up with him.

Speedster's speed is also brought up by Deadshot in Hell to Pay when he says that it isn't normal for Zooom to not being able to kill them with extreme ease.

What are the good Flash feats? From memory

• Time travelling by going FTL (JL: Flashpoint Paradox)
  • Jumping on hail and viewing lightning in slow mo (JL vs TT)
  • Moving his hand fast enough to create a rasengan with static electricity and air pressure
Anything else? I think he has more. The second feat should be calced since that's a casual feat from him that should scale to others.

Qawsedf234 said:
What are the good Flash feats? From memory
  • Time travelling by going FTL (JL: Flashpoint Paradox)
  • Jumping on hail and viewing lightning in slow mo (JL vs TT)
  • Moving his hand fast enough to create a rasengan with static electricity and air pressure
Anything else? I think he has more. The second feat should be calced since that's a casual feat from him that should scale to others.
I agree that the second feat should be calced since speedsters who can view fired bullets as slow cap around MHS to MHS+

From memory, he managed to outrun Omega Beams and during Flashpoint Paradow, he and Zoom were fighting and running so fast everyone else around them (meaning Amazons, Atlanteans, Humans, etc) were...well, not motionless but almost.

Yeah that's right. That should be pretty solid due to the length of time they were frozen.

As an extra, what tier should the Parademons be? They sorta... vary by a lot. But they have some impressive showings here and there.

Qawsedf234 said:
As an extra, what tier should the Parademons be? They sorta... vary by a lot. But they have some impressive showings here and there.
Small Building Level easily, they survived being punched through a building and can hurt each other.

If they're 9-A then we should probably give Batman a 9-A key with explosives.

Qawsedf234 said:
If they're 9-A then we should probably give Batman a 9-A key with explosives.
Maybe, but I think 8-C makes a lot more sense since that was the AP required to kill them. Maybe 8-C and higher with self-destruct? And 8-C Batman with explosives as well as for Robin.

8-C? Where does that come from? We need a tier anyways for the buffers like Superboy or Steel.

I don't know about 8-C for base Parademons but it surely reaches that (at least) with self-destruction.

So that would give us Superman, WW, Shazam and Green Lantern (?)(and all the likes of them) = 8-A

Darkseid = At least 8-A (since he can take the entire JL alone)

Doomsday = 8-A or possibly higher ?

Parademons = At least 9-A, higher via Self-Destruction maybe ?

Superman, WW, Shazam, GL should be 8-A. Although on a lower level than Superman. Doomsday should be just straight 8-A or "8-A, possibly higher". Parademons, Superboy, and Batman's explosives might be 9-A.

ArkhamDC06 said:
I don't know about 8-C for base Parademons but it surely reaches that (at least) with self-destruction.
So that would give us Superman, WW, Shazam and Green Lantern (?)(and all the likes of them) = 8-A

Darkseid = At least 8-A (since he can take the entire JL alone)

Doomsday = 8-A or possibly higher ?

Parademons = At least 9-A, higher via Self-Destruction maybe ?
Seems about right, though Superman's best feat was around 8-B due to shaking Metropolis and for Darkseid to fight everyone could make him 8-A

"Superman's best feat was around 8-B due to shaking Metropolis ". About that, what would be Metropolis's size (in terms of tier i mean) ? I mean, i don't think it's as big as in the comics but i think we can say it's a pretty big city. At least 7-C or Low 7-B maybe ?

So the ending result would be :

- Superman and all the likes of him : 8-B or At least 8-B

- Darkseid : 8-A

- Doomsday : 8-B

Or are there any things that could make Supes and his likes 8-A ?

Extra thing : Terra in Judas Contract was able to destroy Borther Blood's fortress at the end of the movie. What could be her tier exactly ? High 8-C or 8-B ?

ArkhamDC06 said:
"Superman's best feat was around 8-B due to shaking Metropolis ". About that, what would be Metropolis's size (in terms of tier i mean) ? I mean, i don't think it's as big as in the comics but i think we can say it's a pretty big city. At least 7-C or Low 7-B maybe ?
True, it was stated it that Doomsday only goes to most populated regions, meaning Metropolis in that universe is the biggest city in the world, but Superman shook it without destroying any buildings.

My thing is that the Superman 8-B feat would've been preformed when he was near death and it was all of his left over energy. So its likely he would be 8-A at full power. As for Terra I would need to rewatch the movie, but if its an entire building probably 8-C.

Also to add. In my Reign of Supermen rewatch Superboy flew to the North Pole in about 6 minutes and 11 seconds. Which is about mach 41 if you assume that Metropolis is located roughly where NYC is.

"At least 8-B" can be good since apparently shaking Metropolis is his best feat and he can very likely destroy city blocks with a certain amount of his strength.

However, since Metropolis is likely the biggest city in the world (meaning even more than cities like New York or Los Angeles, wich can be considered as Low 7-B or 7-B), 8-A seems more accurate to me if he is able to shake the entire city. Plus, it should be noted that, even if they didn't harmed him that much, Superman's punches were able to cause the most important damages to Darkseid (it's without counting Diana's magic sword and Shazam's lightning that likely comes from Zeus).

ArkhamDC06 said:
"At least 8-B" can be good since apparently shaking Metropolis is his best feat and he can very likely destroy city blocks with a certain amount of his strength.
However, since Metropolis is likely the biggest city in the world (meaning even more than cities like New York or Los Angeles, wich can be considered as Low 7-B or 7-B), 8-A seems more accurate to me if he is able to shake the entire city. Plus, it should be noted that, even if they didn't harmed him that much, Superman's punches were able to cause the most important damages to Darkseid (it's without counting Diana's magic sword and Shazam's lightning that likely comes from Zeus).
Also ageed

Okay. Then 8-A ?

We'll likely have to calculate his speed but can Flash (and therefore Zoom since they're comparable) be considered as being at the same tier than Supes ?

* r < 60km: In this case the formula is (Magnitude at distance) + 0.0238*r = Richter Magnitude of Earthquake

• Assuming Metropolis covers the same area of NYC that's 319 miles or a radius of 16.21695420778079111 kilometers
  • 4.5 + 0.0238 * 16.21695420778079111 = 4.8859 Magnitude Earthquake at the origin which is equal to 1.345396e+12 joules or 8-A
I'll make a calc blog later and see if it gets accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back