• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Animated Movies Darkseid Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he? Like from memory I don't think he's ever been shown to be in the same physical tier as Superman in the DCAMU. Even in their JL vs TT fight Superman tanked all of his blows and casually broke his leg didn't he?

Ionliosite said:
Should we make a verse page for the DCAMU? Because they're clearly not in the same universe as Timm's DCAU.
Yeah we should

Also on my rewatch Superman while weakened by Kryptonite made like a 20 foot deep impact crater and got up without issue.

I agree with the creation page. We could also create a general category for "DC Animated like the "Marvel Animated" category".

Maybe in terms of pure energy like for the DCAU version ? Of course, the speed must be calculated to be sure.

See I dunno about that. Because I cannot remember Flash ever damaging the environment like DCAU Flash did when going all out which he would need to do in order to get a KE figure. He scales up to the parademons, but he can't scale to Superman since he just outright failed to damage him.

Sounds right because i don't know if we can count the amount of energy needed to alter time as a comparable feat. Though i remember he fought Aquaman alonside Cyborg and Batman in Flashpoint Paradox and managed to harm him rather seriously on his own..

I would much prefer if the shaking Metropolis feat was calculated.

I'll make a calc blog when I get the chance. I wasn't going to make a change without getting anything accepted.

Depends of Superman's tier for shaking Metropolis i think. Since it is the biggest city in the world (wich should put it at Low 7-B or 7-B at least), if Supes is considered 8-A, then he should be At least 8-A. And if Supes is stated to be At least 8-B, then 8-A for Dark.

The thing is that shaking a city without damaging said city just doesn't yield super good results.

Would it be right to consider he actually can cause such damages but controls himself ? Because i'm pretty sure he can damage Metropolis in that way. Even while fighting Doomsday, he is always controlling himself to an extent, delivering his most powerful punches for him only.

The following calcs will likely result in the usable tiers

• Superman stopping Thawne's bombs in Flashpoint (may not be usable due to the retcon though)
  • Superman's crater when Damien stabbed him in JLvTT
  • The Doomsday shockwave
I'll try and make them when I have the free time tomorrow. But overall I wouldn't be shocked if they stayed in 8-C or 8-B. We also need filler tiers for Flash, Cyborg, Superboy, Aquaman, and possibly Wonder Woman. Even Cyborg Superman and Eradicator may need other tiers considering that a full powered Superman curbstomped CS.

Basically everyone will need two keys at least. Wonder Woman might be an exception since for now, she hasn't been seen weakened of stripped of her powers, she's always in her regular level of power. Maybe the next WW movie will change it though.

Superboy isn't comparable to Superman isn't he ?

ArkhamDC06 said:
Would it be right to consider he actually can cause such damages but controls himself ? Because i'm pretty sure he can damage Metropolis in that way. Even while fighting Doomsday, he is always controlling himself to an extent, delivering his most powerful punches for him only.
Diana told Clark not to hold back since Batman stated that most parts of the city has been evacuated, the only time Clark held back was in the bridge, if anything, the bridge was crowded due to the evacuation and he held back after realizing that Lois was still around. So his final punch which killed Doomsday and shook the city was his most strongest strike since none of his previous punches did the same amount of damage to him.

Superboy got smashed by Eradicator and got wrecked by two parademons. For Steel he also got wrecked by Eradicator, someone who matched Cyborg Superman. That sounds solid, until Superman returns to full power at the end of the movie where he: Casually melts Cyborg Superman's arm, dodges all of his attacks, and its stated by CS that Superman would be capable of killing him if he stopped holding back.

So in my view its like:

• God Tier: Trigon (6-A to 5-C)
  • Top Tiers: Darkseid, Superman, Doomsday, Wonder Woman's Sword
  • High Tiers: Wonder Woman, Shazam, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Eradicator, Cyborg Superman
  • Mid Tiers: Beast Boy, Starfire, Blue Beetle, Cyborg, high end Parademons, Superboy
  • Low Tiers: Damien, Batman, Low End Parademons

Ok i remember now. Basically he is the weakest "Superman" (maybe with Steel). And Superman is the strongest of course.

Trigon is 5-B for being able to destroy worlds with ease. What's left of Azarath is basically pieces of it and it's stated he destroyed other worlds before (it's not clear if he did so after he took Raven with him in his realm since she said he destroyed worlds but she apparently managed to defeat him shortly after that). Though a little downgrade can be made as "At least High 6-A, likely 5-B" to me.

Basically :

Top Tiers are likely at least 8-B (possibly 8-A for Darkseid).

High Tiers would be...lower 8-B maybe.

Mid Tiers are 8-C or High 8-C maybe ?

Low Tiers are 9 (9-B to 9-A).

Raven is likely a particular case i think. She is likely at leats Mid Tier regulary but she tapes into God Tiers at full power (since she imprisonned Trigon twice).

If Terra counts, she is likely High 8-C or something comparable for destroying Brother Blood's fortress at the end of The Judas Contract.

I think the High Tiers should be comparable to the Top Tiers, its just on a lower scale. Like Darkseid one shot Diana and GL, Superman rather easily restrained Wonder Woman and cut off Aquaman's arm, and Doomsday wrecked the majority of the league without issue.

So while they're capable of damaging/staggering the Top Tiers (especially with weapons), they're much weaker physically. For Terra I think her earth manipulation is above her standard physicals.

I think so. For Superman cutting off Aquaman's arm, it's in the Flashpoint timeline right ? Can we consider they're the same as their "main" or "new" counterpart ? In general, they're weaker, i only remember that WW was the only member of the JL who managed to harm Doomsday and put up the best fight against him aside Superman. And got wrecked anyway.

Yeah, i agree. I have to rewatch the movie but i think Terra is likely 9-C or possibly 9-B physically (assuming there is a moment where takes down guards without her powers).

I don't really know if they're weaker after Flashpoint, just that in this particular universe Superman is much stronger than his teammates.

You can politely ask a few calc group members to help out with calculating Superman shaking Metropolis and other useful feats.

If we're going to make profiles for Flashpoint counterparts and even without it actually, it should be noted that Flashpoint Superman is perhaps at his weakest peak when attacks Aquaman due to being imprisonned for so many years and even in that state, he is way more powerful than other characters. And even in the main universe, he's still stronger of course.

Guess we should get a thread option. Besides Flash and Reverse Flash who obviously keep their stuff, should the other characters still keep scaling from the Flashpoint Paradox? I'm for it, but others might not be.

Yeah its not only super deep but there's no rubble left from the impact.

Qawsedf234 For the Flashpoint thing, aside for Cyborg maybe, i don't think so. Diana and Aquaman seem to be more powerful than their main counterpart (or at least they're far more violent and don't hold back) and Superman is very different to. Though we can still talk about this. Not even talking about Batman of course.

From what i can see here, the 8-B seems to be more and more confirmed. Or least 8-B.

Btw guys, I noticed that Flash actually hid behind Superman before the destructive wave feat of Darkseid, this could mean that Flash's Durability is below 8-C, maybe 9-A. And upon that he's shown to be able to easily beat Parademons who have 9-A durability, so 9-A Flash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back