• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Etrigan should scale to Diana too, he pushed her back. Darkseid and Trigon did clash fists and they seemed comparable, even if Trigon was all around superior.

The film was definitely rushed, but most of these animated films are tbh. At least they did Darkseid more justice this time around.

To summurize things for me (i've already made a list of this for another thread) :

- Yep, Etrgan should definitely get an upgrade, as he's clearly way above the Parademons and Paradooms and fought on equal terms with WW so he should get 8-A. Same thing for Destiny in his first key since he easily defeated Etrigan.

- Now, for the big fight between Trigon and Darkseid (a shame we didn't see more). Darkseid fought more or less on equal terms with Trigon possessing Superman (although he was ultimately defeated) and was able to push Trigon back a little bit in his true form. However, it's clear that Trigon is way above him and was only playing around (like said above, he stopped in the middle of the fight to thank Raven for her "gift" and say goodbye and laugewhen he dragged Darkseid with him while the New God was angry and ultimately horrified). My idea is that Darkseid should get an upgrade like "At least Low 7-C, likely higher", with the justification being that he was somehow able to fend off Trigon but never really harmed him. Same tier for Superman and Trigon would get a new key with the same tier when he possesses Superman.

- Darkseid used his Omega Beams to trapp Trigon (albeit his diminushed version) so he would get Sealing.

- Constantine gets Invisiblity (for himself and others as he did when his team arrived on Apokolips), Telepathy (since he was able to witness Flash's memories about the Flashpoint), Astral Projection and limited Creation for being able to make objects appearing like what he did with the dagger he would use to kill Raven.

- Shazam would get Limited Creation (for being able to create a leg with lightning).

- Zatanna gets Resurrection for reviving Constantine.

- Same thing for Raven for reviving Damian.

And aside from that, i really liked the movie, although i agree that it was rushed. Many characters were made useless or mere casualties, including those who were never explored in the first place. From what i've heard, they stopped their shared universe because of the mixed or even bad reception of most of the movies and decided to focus on stand alone and elseworlds.

Yeah, a lot of them didn't have lines, just on screen and then dead. I also heard the same, focus on elsewords and one-offs instead of the shared universe.

How did everyone feel about this continuity/shared universe? What were the things you guys liked and didn't like about it?

Personnally, i think it was a good run, even with flaws and mistakes. one of my regret is that we didn't really focused on WW, mainly the mythological stuff. I would have loved to see the Greek Gods (Ares, Zeus, Hades, etc) in this continuity. Also, i might be one of the only person to think that here but i regret that we didn't have Batman stuff. And when i say Batman stuff, i mean true Batman stuff, not focused on his relationship with Damian and the concept of family. I wanted more movies solely focused on a Batman adventure, like Hush (not exactly a good one but not the worse though), with the Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, etc (especially the Joker actually). Seriously, Batman is almost in every movie, yet we have one movie focusing on a typical Batman adventure. About it, i really didn't Batman vs Robin because of what they did with the Court of Owls. And i would have loved to have more Justice League Dark and Constantine stuff. I mean, we had City of Demons and it was really good so i hoped we could have more of this (even, why not, introducing Lucifer).

Overall, i wasn't really disappointed in the long run, most movies were at least entertaining and even good (Justice League Dark and The Reign of Supermen notably...and Apokolips War), i liked the fact that it was really brutal and violent multiple times (yes, i prefer dark and violent rather than completely bright and colorful, although not totally bleak either) and the casting was actually very good, especially for Batman and Constantine (although, in France, they inverted the french voices of Batman and Superman and the result is....not good). But it also had flaws like some characters really useless, the animation isn't exactly really good, some of the stories were almost wasted i think (Throne of Atlantis is the worst of them to me) and it was rushed. But at least ,they did a complete animated universe with a proper ending and i really regret we couldn't have this on the big screen with the DCEU.

I think they did character interactions very well, and they most of the characters likeable, charming and unique. The fights were good but inconsistent. Creative directions + plot were often a letdown though. Using the Apokolips War film as an example (so spoilers), imagine if the first attack on Apokolips was fully animated instead of a couple of flashbacks, so we'd see each hero trying to fight their way against the innumerable odds, being picked off one by one, actually doing the characters justice instead of off-screen killing them.

Also, can we talk about Manhunter? The guy randomly shows up with a couple lines of dialogue, has a decent fight against Doomsday but gets lolfire'd, then gets turned into a cyborg and doesn't talk for the rest of the movie. Complete waste.

Yeah, Manhunter was almost useless. But Hawkman and Shazam to most of the time. Hell, many characters like Batgirl barely had a line.

I don't really love J'onn (i mean, i like him but that's all) but yeah, they need to make a movie for him. Maybe after A Death in the Family.

So about the upgrades and stuff ?

I'll have to watch the film to give my full thoughts but so far it seems fine

I do think the 8-As need downgrades since the feat they scalebyo is from the old KE rules they'd probably still be 8-C or so tho

Basically 8-A comes from Flash slamming a Mace at hypersonic speed

Which was deemed unacceptable by our newer standards

Nothing in particular though there's a ton of feats that give me that impression (like the one where Steel and Eradicator make a huge crater in their fight)

Not one that i can remember but i mostly focused on powers and strength feats and even then i missed many things.

Also, tanked? That KO'ed everyone but Superman and the Flash, who only withstood it because he hid behind Superman.

Qawsedf234 said:
Also, tanked? That KO'ed everyone but Superman and the Flash, who only withstood it because he hid behind Superman.
https://youtu.be/xyk7rXyQYuY?t=166 from this clip, Wonder Woman, Shazam and Cyborg are shown standing. The only one damaged is GL and that's due to the damage he sustained beforehand. Also we can assume that the timeframe between the Darkseid attack and the Flash returning to Justice League could be mere seconds due to Flash's and Superman speed being slowed down for cinematic timing.

Hellbeast1 I think he just wanted to say that this applies to the characters who are currently 8-A, not the feat itself.

Also, i remember in AW that Constantine punched a depowered Superman and harmed him (he harmed himself in the process) so i don't know if this can be used. Right after that Raven kicks Constantine and projects him against the bar. Constantine also uses magic (or an artifact, can't remember exactly) to petrify a Paradoom.

@Rana Still my point is that the 8-A characters probably shouldn't be 8-A given they were one shot by that casual blast

Shazam caused a decently large explosion when fighting off Paradooms. No other feats that I remember though.

He does this. He's chased by Paradooms and surrounded so he yells "Shazam!" a last time to destroy them wit ha lightning bolt that causes an explosion.

GyroNutz said:
Shazam caused a decently large explosion when fighting off Paradooms. No other feats that I remember though.
Does swampthing thing scale to anyone? Cause he was able to easily kill paradooms and destroy one of those drill things

ArkhamDC06 said:
To summurize things for me (i've already made a list of this for another thread) :
- Yep, Etrgan should definitely get an upgrade, as he's clearly way above the Parademons and Paradooms and fought on equal terms with WW so he should get 8-A. Same thing for Destiny in his first key since he easily defeated Etrigan.

- Now, for the big fight between Trigon and Darkseid (a shame we didn't see more). Darkseid fought more or less on equal terms with Trigon possessing Superman (although he was ultimately defeated) and was able to push Trigon back a little bit in his true form. However, it's clear that Trigon is way above him and was only playing around (like said above, he stopped in the middle of the fight to thank Raven for her "gift" and say goodbye and laugewhen he dragged Darkseid with him while the New God was angry and ultimately horrified). My idea is that Darkseid should get an upgrade like "At least Low 7-C, likely higher", with the justification being that he was somehow able to fend off Trigon but never really harmed him. Same tier for Superman and Trigon would get a new key with the same tier when he possesses Superman.

- Darkseid used his Omega Beams to trapp Trigon (albeit his diminushed version) so he would get Sealing.

- Constantine gets Invisiblity (for himself and others as he did when his team arrived on Apokolips), Telepathy (since he was able to witness Flash's memories about the Flashpoint), Astral Projection and limited Creation for being able to make objects appearing like what he did with the dagger he would use to kill Raven.

- Shazam would get Limited Creation (for being able to create a leg with lightning).

- Zatanna gets Resurrection for reviving Constantine.

- Same thing for Raven for reviving Damian.

And aside from that, i really liked the movie, although i agree that it was rushed. Many characters were made useless or mere casualties, including those who were never explored in the first place. From what i've heard, they stopped their shared universe because of the mixed or even bad reception of most of the movies and decided to focus on stand alone and elseworlds.
Would like to add on this.

- Raven while unrestricted easily tore through Lex's armor which withstood attack from Superman and Doomsday so 'Possibly Low 7-C' rating.

- All the Justice League/ Teen Titans members that got turned into Cyborgs were able to contend with Superman wearing Lex's strongest armor so they should get a 'likely higher' ratings.

- Cyborg should get a '5-B with prep time' rating for destroying Apokolips.

Also my thoughts on the ratings. I feel like the issue here is Trigon. His 5-C ratings comes from destroying a moon which we know he did in mere moments. Tho I feel like a calc could give a proper rating since it feels more like Multi-Continental since only a portion of the moon was destroyed.

Back to Trigon. I feel like he can simply choose to appear smaller since the only time he's in his actual size is only when he's on the verge of destroying a planet. This may give Darkseid and Superman an upgrade since no one from the Justice League scale to them.

@RanaProGamer I agree with Raven getting an upgrade and the JL/TT thing. Don't know about Cyborg being 5-B (mostly due to the circumstances that made capable of performing such a feat) but that could be done.

Also, i'm kind of fine with Trigon being High 6-A (or "At least High 6-A" (, likely higher) maybe ?) if it gets accepted.

What kind of upgrade do you think about ? Not scaling them to Trigon ?

No, cause it would mean Darkseid scale to Trigon. And it's not a possible option. In Justice League vs Teen Titans, Trigon completely wrecked the entire JL like if they were nothing, the maximum the League could do was to briefly phase him for a second. Yet Supe alone is able to harm Darkseid (hell, even WW can briefly stagger and harm him to some extent), so it isn't logical to say that they can scale. Trigon was obviously restraining here.

Back