• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBZ Speed CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, honestly I recommend that we stick with the virtually accepted scaling for up to Frieza saga like we were origionaly going to do, which everybody had no problem with, even AKM was only stuck on one point of contention with it, which was relatively minor in the grand scheme amounting to only a 2.5x difference on his own scaling. I can simply put in the notes that those equal or above Namek SSJ Goku level become much faster in the mftl+ category, which would be accurate, without applying more specific numbers that would grow increasingly larger, which some people get triggered over, due to it being a progressively larger scaling chain.

Would that be agreeable for everybody? We can wrap this up, keep it accurate, and I feel everybody can be satisfied with this.

At this point, honestly I recommend that we stick with the virtually accepted scaling for up to Frieza saga like we were origionaly going to do, which everybody had no problem with, even AKM was only stuck on one point of contention with it, which was relatively minor in the grand scheme amounting to only a 2.5x difference on his own scaling. I can simply put in the notes that those equal or above Namek SSJ Goku level become much faster in the mftl+ category, which would be accurate, without applying more specific numbers that would grow increasingly larger, which some people get triggered over, due to it being a progressively larger scaling chain.

Would that be agreeable for everybody? We can wrap this up, keep it accurate, and I feel everybody can be satisfied with this.
I can agree with that

Actually, we agreed in another thread that it wasn't actually light.

If we agree it's light again, this is a very good feat, though. Ginyu's body was heavily wounded.

It's weird, though, because Vegeta had far surpassed Jeice, and he barely moved compared to the beam.

What's the current count on the staff approval regarding the speed scaling up to the Frieza saga?

At this point, honestly I recommend that we stick with the virtually accepted scaling for up to Frieza saga like we were origionaly going to do, which everybody had no problem with, even AKM was only stuck on one point of contention with it, which was relatively minor in the grand scheme amounting to only a 2.5x difference on his own scaling.
Agree, it would probably be better if we deal with the speed scaling from Saiyan Saga to Frieza Saga, as its the one everyone agree on.

The speed scaling from Android Saga to Buu Saga could be posticipate in another CRT, so that we don't waste any more time.

Last edited:
@Stefano There's a more accurate translation somewhere. I'll try to find it.

Edit: This is the translation. It's also supported by the Kanzenshuu manga guide, which has the original scans and works off highly accurate translations, IIRC.
  • Trunks: “…I think I’m strong enough to beat the Androids now. We don’t have to go study them in the past!”
  • Future Bulma: “You’re too naïve. It’s true that you’ve gotten astoundingly strong, but have you forgotten how Gohan was killed 3 years ago? I don’t think you’re that amazingly different than Gohan back then…”
We're supposed to assume Bulma's right (she probably is, because he was beaten by the Androids), so Trunks is in a similar league to Gohan.

Last edited:
Didn't Future Bulma stated to Future Trunks that he was only as strong as Future Gohan was when he go back in the past to kill Frieza and warn Goku?
She implied that he was roughly equal to Gohan before he died. But he trained for multiple years between Android 17 destroying his arm and actually killing himm

Honestly, I'd say anything that goes past FTL+ and reaches MFTL territory with only relativistic feats would require some sort of supporting evidence given the magnitude of jump.

Honestly, I'd say anything that goes past FTL+ and reaches MFTL territory with only relativistic feats would require some sort of supporting evidence given the magnitude of jump.
Sounds fairly reasonable to me.

The best speed feat in Z was from the Buu saga.

images

@AKM sama @Damage3245
Arbitrarily choosing a magnitude that explicit multipliers get ignored at is unreasonable and head canon. We either accept explicit multipliers or we don't. That's not to say we assume all power multipliers = speed multipliers, but if it explicitly includes speed at that magnitude it should be applied as long as it's not directly contradictory. We already literally accept multipliers that move characters up 250,000 fold without a feat of the same magnitude.

We already literally accept multipliers that move characters up 250,000 fold without a feat of the same magnitude.

A huge multiplier like that requires a significant amount of evidence to support it though. I assume that case does have a large amount of evidence?

We already show all the supporting evidence behind the scaling between statements, accepted multipliers and guidebooks.

You cannot deny all of that just because characters never explicitly show to travel to other planets.

By the same logic then anything above High 5-A should be dropped since nobody in DBZ have explicitly show to destroy stars or solar systems.

Even 3-A/Low 2-C and Massively FTL+ for DBS as well since Goku and Beerus never explicitly show to destroy or fly across any universes.

Yet we still accepted all of that via a combination of statements and guidebooks.

Last edited:
rip Dragon Ball, relying on scaling to show growth rather than feats.

Yeah, I'll be honest, the downplay feels a bit meh, but not much I can really do about it. Oh well.

Last edited:

Small Correction not though it Matters much but the feat is Relativistic+ not only Relativistic & shopping only at FTL+ feels like an assumption & headcanon anyone could say they feels like shopping at only FTL or shopping MFTL feels better like that

I still believe the best solution is to simply use the agreed upon numbers up to the Frieza saga, which everybody was OK with aside from one minor gripe on one point, and then simply include a note that says those who scale to or above 100% Frieza and SSJ Goku are at a higher level of mftl+ speed. This is in the interest of recognizing the official explicit speed multipliers, and the very core of the DB narrative itself, which is to increase your own power and speed to break your limits, without adding in an overly long scaling chain into the Cell and Buu arcs, that will trigger some people, even if its accurate and logical. This way we can keep everything factual, wrap up the thread that could have ended a while ago, and I believe that based on feedback through the thread everybody can leave without a feeling that DBZ was vastly underestimated or overestimated.

Can somebody summarise the arguments and conclusions here? Which staff members agree to what?

It's not "Conservative Speed Scaling", you are bumping their speed around 1000x from a single feat.
Anything that goes past FTL solely on multipliers without a single feat is simply wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back