• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Leviathan has a big wall of text with a bunch of hax. But I see no resistance to Reality Warping on Leviathan's profile. Also, how good is Leviathan's mind manipulation? Dark Samus's mind manipulation is wayyyyy above base planetary. Phazo also has impressive levels of power nullification. So not voting yet, but I'll wait for more clarification.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Energy Projection, Transmutation, Soul Manipulation, Data Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Absorption, Flight, Possible Precognition (Was able to plan out and predict everything over the course of the series, even to the point of knowing what his opponents would do before they attempted it), Immunity to Conventional Mind Manipulation (As an artificial intelligence, Leviathan should be immune to normal means of mind manipulation), Hacking, Existence Erasure, Petrification, Statistics Amplification, Memory Erasure, BFR, Pocket Reality Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation | All previous abilities amplified, Shapeshifting, Duplication (Can create perfect copies of his opponents and himself), Fire Manipulation, Can blend into any environment, Attack Reflection, Can identify his opponent's true form, Can raze with meteors, Resistance to Gravity Manipulation (Can defy Gravity completely), Weather Manipulation, Gravity Manipulation, Teleportation, BFR (Can make his opponents go "poof"), Illusion Creation, Magic, Flight, Technological Manipulation (Can bring out the absolute best in any vehicle.), Energy Manipulation, Forcefield Creation, Existence Erasure, Power Mimicry (Gains the abilities of those whose essence he absorbs), Can destroy and absorb his opponent's essence directly, Matter Manipulation

Well a lot of DS hax comes from Phazon, which is an all in one type of broken on top of being part of her most basic arsenal out of everything else she has.

To emphasize, Leviathan roars, the opponent has their entire essence disassembled and absorbed. She then gains the powers of those whose essence she absorbs. Or create an energy field that erases anything it comes into contact with.

Most of those abilities seem rather useless against DS then. DS should take this rather easily. Dark Samus seems to have everything similar to or even better than the abilities of Leviathan's 2nd key. Existence Erasure might be good, but Dark Samus might hax Lev with Phazon radiation before that.

How does she bypass that roar? I see no resistance to it getting its mind, body and soul (Entire Existence) being reduced to data and absorbed.

She can resist mind and soul hax, on top of being able to hax Leviathan first since anything she does has Phazon built into it.

Dark Samus can transform into pure energy naturally, and getting absorbed might only serve to infect Leviathan. Also, there's a chance Leviathan would absorb one of her clones first.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Dark Samus can transform into pure energy naturally, and getting absorbed might only serve to infect Leviathan. Also, there's a chance Leviathan would absorb one of her clones first.
You are not understanding how this works. She will literally gain the same properties as DS when she absorbs her. Also, transforming into pure energy won't save her whatsoever as she will simply be data to Leviathan. Once turned into data, the phazon will no longer have those properties as it will be nothing but bits of data at that point. Not to mention, this roar at least spans an entire city. So as long as the real deal is in the area, she and all her clones will be absorbed at once.

From one of our many blogs. The nature of data.

"everything that exists, from material things to abstract things, can be represented simply by data arrangements."

So even Phazon, will simply be another piece of data.

"As explained by Gennai in the scene that I used as the cover of this blog the data of the digital world act as the atoms and molecules of the Human World composing physical existence. According to Duftmon of the Royal Knights all matter and energy can be expressed via the codes 0s and 1s of the data."

Appmon is made up of basically the same data principals as Digimon. As such this would ring true to them as well.

Btw.

A picture of the leviathan key currently in use?

For the OP.

I mean, this just comes down to it being inconclusive, either DS phazon hax's Leviathan, or Leviathan roars.

So the Roar has around City range? I know you said at least spreads out through the city, but Dark Samus produces Phazon radiation throughout the entire planet everywhere she goes. So IMO, the Phazon radiation would most likely effect Leviathan before he roars. Additionally, she can leap or warp herself interstellar distances to avoid Leviathan's attacks.

Leviathan can also leap through worlds as she can go between the real world and the Net Ocean which is between the Real World and Digital World. I don't see phazon affecting Leviathan before she roars. Has Phazon ever affected AI? Also both likely have precog abilities as well so Leviathan will know about phazon. It will likely be sometime before the radiation gets to her. Enough time to roar. People need to realize that roaring is not that difficult of an action and can happen almost immediately.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Most of those abilities seem rather useless against DS then. DS should take this rather easily.
^This

This happens far too often and it's getting annoying.

People, please stop associating abilities with one another when they have nothing to do with eachother. And please make a CRT if you think she should have these resistances before getting accepted.

I've seen this gets stretched so far as Samus having 'resistance' to getting her heart crushed and having resistance to Durability negation.

Drawing a weapon and roaring are two different speeds and the lattr is faster

Assuming she or it leads with that in the first place.

Does Leviathan use the roar right off the bat in character? The profile gives the the impression of a schemer that's used to impersonally dealing with things way in advance, judging by the intelligence section, not a brutal force that goes straight for the throat (or at least yells from it) at the start of each fight. Just asking for confirmation here, not necessaily going to vote.

Of course, if we were to go with bloodlusted battle conditions, I guess this wouldn't mater. Unless one were to make the cheeky arguement that "roars are sonic and DS is faster than sound." That'd be... something.

yeah leviathan probably roars before DS can do anything.

that said, wouldnt converting her to data and absorbing dark samus corrupt the leviathan?

@Doc

Leviathan starts with roaring. Only time she didn't was against the God Appmons due to the fact fact that she had to specifically install them in a certain way.

@SD

No, because Leviathan would gain the abilities and properties of DS. As such the power to utilize phazon herself.

Yeah the hunters also gained power over phazon... that didnt stop any of the Hunters from being corrupted either.

SomebodyData said:
Yeah the hunters also gained power over phazon... that didnt stop any of the Hunters from being corrupted either.
Or being turned into Dark Samuses.

Yeah, but from what I see, DS is resistant to the phazon. As such Leviathan absorbing DS will make her resistant to said effects as DS will literally become apart of Leviathan's very existence.

So was Samus, DS's strain was almost able to corrupt her by blasting her with a stray shrapnel. in comparsion, the leviathan is taking the full thing.

now if this was echoes dark samus, it would be a different story, but the one being used here is phaaze dark samus

@Dragon - Thank you for the clarification about Leviathan's in-character strategies! Looks like the next thing that needs to be cleared up is if Phazon would mess up Leviathan's day. Namely, if Leviathan has the ability to absorb the Phazon in full instead of only being able to go halfway and end up getting converted. Do you happen to know off the top of your head to what level the one Digimon character without "-mon" in its name dissassemble things -- e.g. molecular, atomic, sub-atomic? Although I'm not sure that would resolve the matter since Phazon has properties that don't anchor it to a purely physical state, or even one in just a single universe, if Echoes was any indication. Count me inconclusive in the meantime.

Wait, I just realized.. SomebodyData = SD = DS backwards = Dark Samus backwards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back