• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dark Samus/Metroid Prime (creature) Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually were gonna look through that, but it uses the NTSC version iirc so idk how accurate thatd still be.

Funnily enough, the Artifact of Truth scan that shows up in the Trilogy and Remastered versions, first shows up in this guidebook.

You know what, that's fair. I don't really like using most guides but this is a Nintendo Power one so it's probably fine- I actually did go through it but must've missed that bit. Could I ask for a scan on imgur on whatever to put on the profile?
It should be on the old Metroid Database guide site. I can send it to you in a day (On mobile and already have to sleep for work tomorrow), if you don't want to check it first.

Just wanna say one more thing, this isn’t me trying to incite argument at all, I am definitely not gonna continue trying to push my point. I just wanted to state my own stance.

Spatial intangibility should stay, since DS’s echoes can’t be physically interacted with by Samus and show no sort of reaction to being shot at, so they aren’t any kind of physical gas or liquid intang like the Phaz-Ing, with the only other type of intang Phazon demonstrates being spatial.

Everything after high regen I’m fine with saying is debunked, I think you could make a complex chain to say DS has potential low godly but I admit I made a lot of assumptions with it.

Leviathan scaling I think should remain a possibly, at least for the Prime 3 leviathans, since Hypermode Samus can overpower and destroy leviathan cores, which survive containing enough energy that when they explode they take the leviathan shell with it (which survived its own collision).

Invulnerability I’m fine with removing, and the rest of the changes are fine with me.

Spatial intangibility should stay, since DS’s echoes can’t be physically interacted with by Samus and show no sort of reaction to being shot at, so they aren’t any kind of physical gas or liquid intang like the Phaz-Ing, with the only other type of intang Phazon demonstrates being spatial.
See here's the thing, Phazon Metroids do have a physical reaction to being shot through, there's some white particles effect.

Then I’d argue that Dark Samus’s is superior, but eh. At least in comparison to Chozo ghost spatial intang.

Last edited:
Didn't Spatial Intangibility also come from the Dark beings form MP2?

Yeah but you could argue that those are Ing-specific powers, like the Chozo Ghost intang is a ghost specific power. But DS’s intangibility is at least a level of intangibility that can’t be affected by those who can affect spatial intangibles.

But DS’s intangibility is at least a level of intangibility that can’t be affected by those who can affect spatial intangibles.
It wouldn't be unless confirmed it's the same type. Not all NPI is the same, being able to hit ghosts doesn't mean you can hit spatially intangible dudes, being able to hit spatially intangible dudes doesn't mean you can hit energy-based intangibility, and so on. Different mechanics call for different NPI.

Well the Dark Samus intangibility in 3 doesn't match the energy based stuff she had in the Prime 2 final battle, it doesn't interact with physical shots like a gas or a liquid, so it has to be either immaterial or spatial. As has been thoroughly established by now, Dark Samus seemingly cannot become a soul-based fighter, and she has nothing saying she vibrates her particles to achieve phasing. Spatial is the only one that really fits.

That or it's vague and unknown and "immaterial", doesn't need to be a soul, her body can become immaterial, as long as it's still her body.
Phazon can take many forms as it is, gaseous, solid, liquid, weird goopy one, goddamn DIGITAL under the right conditions.

There's so many forms it can take, atop of spatial, that we can't assume anything given her specific case doesn't even align with anything.

Tbh idk what to list it as either, just know she CAN do that.

On the topic, what does Samus' Interstellar scanning range come from? Profile doesn't say

er, given discussion has slowed down here i'll probably apply this tonight, if there's no problem, maybe if people want they can make a thread about the intangibility ig?

Wait, you’re just gonna delete the intangibility?
Even though we know it exists?

I’m gonna keep looking for the Samus interstellar range (apparently it’s in Prime 3), but for now DS should have interstellar range with Dream manipulation, seeing as she gave Samus the Dream in the Prime 3 intro presumably while on Phaaze, or some planet in another solar system.

And the Aurora Unit would be able to scan the entire universe in order to find every planet to send Leviathans to, so maybe a “uni range with scanning” for AU fused Dark Samus.

Edit: So far there’s this, not quite Samus on her own though.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna delete it, it's just intangibility for that specific kind of avatar

Yeah, couldn’t really find the interstellar scanning stuff (maybe SD knows?)

DS should have interstellar range with Dream manipulation, seeing as she gave Samus the Dream in the Prime 3 intro presumably while on Phaaze, or some planet in another solar system.

And the Aurora Unit would be able to scan the entire universe in order to find every planet to send Leviathans to, so maybe a “uni range with scanning” for AU fused Dark Samus.
Is this fine?

Is this fine?
dream manip yeah, dunno about AU, since idk if that's really how DS chooses its targets (worth noting the non-corrupted AUs being able to scan entire universes would probably break the plot a bit, given phaaze being unknown before a certain point of the story)

i'll see if i can find the scanning feat for samus and if not i'll tackle it when i revise her profile, worst case her range in that regard is still planetary (metroid radar in samus returns among other things)

I suppose DS could be using the AU’s Aurora Network connection to know about all the Federation space controlled planets, but the corruption would spread across the galaxy and the AUs are only in Federation Space (which doesn’t extend across the galaxy), plus there were leviathans hitting planets in adjacent galaxies to Elysia which “definitely” don’t have AUs.

So, idk.

yeah idk, to be fair i don't think it's unreasonable that the federation has data on the planets at least existing in other galaxies given we IRL do and we're way less advanced

Unfortunately the the DS dream manip is more likely just samus' chozo precog acting up than a dream.

As for the Interstellar / Cross Dimensional range for Samus, it mostly comes from the hint / objective systems in Prime 3 and 2

Last edited:
Unfortunately the the DS dream manip is more likely just samus' chozo precog acting up than a dream.
That was my gut reaction but idk, it says her vital signs are affected by it. Guess it could just be her being spooked enough that it wakes her up though, I dunno. I don't mind listing it either way
As for the Interstellar / Cross Dimensional range for Samus, it mostly comes from the hint / objective systems in Prime 3 and 2
I'll probably have to give that a look, but fair enough for now

Oh yeah, there is another feat for Samus’s precog in 3, she recognizes Gandrayda is about to attack from behind without the latter making a noise.

Oh yeah, there is another feat for Samus’s precog in 3, she recognizes Gandrayda is about to attack from behind without the latter making a noise.
1000% enhance senses, she has a fucktillion of them.

Alright fellas I'm just gonna try and get this done since I don't think we're going anywhere, please tell me if you have any serious issues with the following:
  1. I'm gonna be listing the dream stuff as clairvoyance (not precog since i think it's happening in real time, not that it matters much) for Samus, since we know she's got clairvoyance relating to people she's genetically linked to and that generally makes more sense than DS just going out of her way to show her what she's doing
  2. I'm gonna be keeping the scanning range as is (or rather add the interdimensional range since that's not on DS' profile rn), though i think it's worth noting that I don't actually think the scanning is very good, given Samus still needs to explore said planets to find stuff
Applying it this (european) evening, speak now or forever hold your peace or like ig make a thread later on

(Also I see the Gandrayda thing as ES yeah, though frankly it could also be IR or precog)

Yeah you're right. It's still not precog since it isn't the future but yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back