• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the Low 7-C end is for high end destruction. I'm far more comfortable with the 8-A end as calculated by Aiden. It's more consistent, too.

Yes, and given that Spider-Man supporting a skyscraper was calculated at High 8-C, I would be perfectly fine with something similar for Cap and characters that scale from him. It is just that 8-A seems considerably too high in relation to the thousands of Marvel comics that I have read.

TeenAngel101 said:
I'm totally fine with them being 8-A. It's just that I believe more justification than Deadpool's Durability is required. Could someone calc the feats Dark mentioned? Like the skyscraper feat?
We definitely need more Calcs, yes. We don't just use Deadpool's either.

We currently have.

• Punisher being consistently Small Building level
  • Captain America's 8-C durability feat
  • Cap's 8-B to 8-A durability feat
  • Black Panther's 8-C durability feat
  • Wolverin's 8-C and 8-A durability feats
  • Deadpool's feat
  • Gambit one-shotting Sentinels and failing to even scratch Cap

Darkanine said:
Well, the Low 7-C end is for high end destruction. I'm far more comfortable with the 8-A end as calculated by Aiden. It's more consistent, too.
How many tons was it? I'm just saying because Spiderman is immensely superior to him.

There's a difference in the feats, though.

Spider-Man caught a calling skyscraper which generated Large Building level+ Kinetic Energy. Cap supported the entire thing from collapsing in general, which is more impressive.

LordXcano considered Aiden's calculation for destroying a skyscraper to likely be inaccurate, given that it takes high level nuclear explosions to reach that high.

Well, we seem to need a calculation of Cap preventing the skyscraper from collapsing.

Antvasima said:
LordXcano considered Aiden's calculation for destroying a skyscraper to likely be inaccurate, given that it takes high level nuclear explosions to reach that high.
You don't need to destroy a whole skyscrapper in real life to destroy it. Just affecing part of the building is enough to make it collapse by a chain reaction.

Aiden's calculation is for destroying the whole thing.

Well, I am not good enough with calculations nowadays to be able to properly evaluate it, but the results seemed suspiciously high.

I recently asked for an evaluation of the Batman and Katana feats, but have received no response yet.

If there is no preexisting calculation for the Cap feat, would you be willing to calculate it Darkanine?

Anyway, it seems like I have been outvoted on this topic, but the Marvel "street tier" profiles nevertheless need to be cleaned up so they turn far more coherent.

Yes. After it is done, it would also be useful if you write a Marvel scaling instructions page.

Okay. Should we close this thread while you are preparing a revision?

Also found a feat of Wolverine and Venom surviving a Small Town level nuke. Wolverine due to regen but might be legit scaling for Venom.

Although since were on the subject doesn't Hawkeye have a Mach 5000 feat could that be used for scaling or is it considered an outlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back