• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the OP Dante doesn't have the Bangle of Time, only Quicksilver, so time stop isn't happening. Not sure if Yamato would kill her due to her regen...

WeeklyBattles said:
According to the OP Dante doesn't have the Bangle of Time, only Quicksilver, so time stop isn't happening. Not sure if Yamato would kill her due to her regen...
I'm not voting because I have zero interest in this thread but no. High-Mid Regenerationn countering spatial manipulation makes no sense.

I'm not voting either, but I think Weekly was saying even if Dante can use spatial manipulating dura negation to put cuts on Ryuko's body, she can regenerate those wounds. Not that Ryuko somehow resists spatial manipulation cause of her Regenerationn.

However I don't know the extent of Yamato or how it works. High enough spacial manipulation can of course easily negate Ryuko's regen, but if it's just slicing her or cutting her limbs off, she can regenerate from that.

Bypass =/= Nullify though. Yamato would still hurt her but unless it nullifies Regenerationn as well it wouldnt do any lasting damage

Hey uh just curious, where does Ryuko regenerate from in the anime? I'm just wondering, wanna see it again.

Anyway if it's spatial cutting + Quicksilver it should be enough to really harass Ryuko. It's cutting through molecules and atoms if it's cutting through space. So if it's spammed it may be enough. And I doubt she can adapt to time slowing down.

Edit - From the looks of it, can't Dante try to steal her weapon? And also thinking about it that weapon of hers is able to cut through and seriously harm her so it might be bond based. From the way I see it something that can cut through space should be enough to actually severe the bonds completely. I doubt she ever dealt with spatial cutting either.

No lasting damage but still damage. If shes hit hard enough and fast she could be killed or put down in some other fashion like sealing or have dante use quicksilver to make himself faster and slow her down and wail on her.But Im kinda wondering if she would be able to do any damage to Dante because idk how much damage Dante's royal guard can take because level 1 royal guard blocks everything including the yamato dimension slash and dreadnaught form makes him impervious to damage so its hard form me to gauge just how much damage he would take(if any) against Ryuko's attacks.Hopefully someone can help me out with this.

@COB She regenerated from being bisected by base Ragyo and torn apart by Shinra Koketsu Ragyo, and Ragyo herself was decapitated and acted like nothing happened, and was cut to pieces by Ryuko and Satsuki and regenerated.

Wasnt this the exact same problem people had on the Ragyo vs Dante thread?

Not likely considering she keeps it connected to herself at all times with a tether made of Life Fibers. What do you mean by 'bond based'?

I remember the first, not the last.

What I mean is that a weapon can be adjusted so that it permanently cuts life fibers.

Also to clarify, in the end Ryuko's strongest form started giving out if I recall. Or at least when they started descending from space or prior to that.

Which one/ones?

...Still not sure what you mean. No weapon in KLK was able to permanently sever Life Fibers unless it was used in a scissor-like motion (ie. the Scissor Blades and Bakuzan Gako/Koryu).

It started giving out because Senketsu absorbed an immense amount of energy, more than he could safely handle, from Shinra Koketsu, which destroyed him. It didnt run out at all.

Yamato may or may not be able to negate Regenerationn (although it is like to be able to since Dante almost died from being run through with it in DMC3 when he had taken many more such blows from normal blades simulaneously in the intro). What's really nifty about Yamato is that its Dimension Slash technique applies dozens upon dozens of strikes simultaneously in a given area, so that makes all but the mostly fast-acting and potent of regenation abilities useless. Add in the likely Regenerationn negation and Dante likely emerges victorious in this one. Then again, Ryuko surely has some great regen, but I think it'll get negated.

Say, since the OP had to eliminate most of Dante's arsenal and abilities anyway, why don't we change it from Dante to Vergil here? It wouldn't look very good on Ryuko's page to have a loss to a heavily nerfed opponent, and Vergil has everything we've been considering here, anyway.

@Weekly

Hey, you may like this!

WeeklyBattles said:
Which one/ones?
...Still not sure what you mean. No weapon in KLK was able to permanently sever Life Fibers unless it was used in a scissor-like motion (ie. the Scissor Blades and Bakuzan Gako/Koryu).
This weakness still takes absurd precision to pull off too. Ragyo knew the weakness and how to exploit it, used it on Ryuko yet it still didn't work.

Also again not voting, just pointing out for reference the "from both sides" weakness is pretty much nonexistent in Ryuko's High 6-A form. She got stabbed hundreds of not thousands of times in the same place by Ragyo from both sides, who again knows the weakness, yet she instantly recovered.

It's not like Yamato is the only thing Dante has. I give this to him because of sealing, ability to destroy souls (not sure how that works) and maybe Yamato.

Since DMC3, as shown in the manga when he destroyed a possessed human using Rebellion, the human was fine (Alice I think) the demon died.

Also what in the OP says he doesn't have the bangle of time?

Wouldnt that have also killed Alice's soul though?

And no, he doesnt have the Bangle of Time as per the OP's specifications

"Has all abilities up to this point"-The OP. Please specify.

No. The human was fine while the demon died.

At this point it's clear Dante just stops time and proceeds to atomize her.

He's talking about every ability from DMC1, 4, and the anime

That's not Soul Manipulation then...

He doesnt have the ability to stop time without the Bangle of Time and in order to atomize her he'd have to be somewhere in tier 5

Bangle of time is in DMC1.... It was in secret mission 21

Fair enough.

Huh? No I mean just slice her into bits. Teresa from Claymore did that and she's 7C

Bangle of Time is a weapon, Dante doesnt have any other weapons other than Rebellion, Yamato, and his pistols

You do know that slicing to bits =/= atomization right?

????What?! How is it weapon? It's an ability Dante acquired, so what separates it from a style?

If Ryoko can regenerate from bits. This isn't a match.

Youre thinking of Quicksilver, Bangle of Time is the weapon and it stops time, Quicksilver is the ability and it slows time

Ryuko's regen is High-Mid, as she's able to regen from being blown/cut into pieces

Okay, please tell me why Bangle of Time is a weapon and not an ability please? You just said it was a weapon and gave no evidence or reasons why. no offense

So this isn't even a fight.

Mostly because included on his page under Weapons and Equipment instead of his Notable Attacks and Techniques and its classification as a Key Item instead of a Technique

Dante does have soul manipulation, but that one scene is unclear. There are better examples to be had. Oh, and Yamato may ignore durablilty, but it won't matter to one with a healing factor as potent as Ryuko, who gives Dante a run for his (meager amount of) money in that regard. And Bangle of Time is an item, too, so it's not here.

I still vote Dante in a really close one due to Time Slow and Duplication being deadly in tandem with Soul Manipulation or Sealing. Really close one, though, since he doesn't have Gilgamesh to negate healing. Ryuko's healing is not to be underestimated, so BFR/ complete durability negation is the only way here. Soul manipulation may or may not even work since Ryuko's dealt with that sort of thing before.

I'm actually a little iffy about Soul Manipulation.

Sure, he can harm ghosts, but the only other instance is his ability to create Devil Arms out of fallen enemies. He has never attacked their souls and he can only create Devil Arms after he has beaten the bosses.

@Repp

It's mainly by imbuing his normal attacks with the ability to harm souls, instead of using a specific technique to manipulate souls. There are some flavor text quotes supproting this as well, such as an obstacle in DMC1 that states that it requires magically imbued attacks to be harmed. The vanilla Force Edge can't do it, but magically charged shots from firearms (even some shotgun just lying around) can do the job. And yes, it is stated that the energy surrounding the weapons in question is "magic" and capable of harming "spectral" entities. He's no Ragyo, though, at least when it comes to mindhax.

@Doctor

There's a difference between being able to harm ghosts and being able to deal damage to the soul. Any exorcist character worth their salt can harm a ghost, but not all of them can damage or purge a ghost's soul.

TBH I wouldn't take those statements seriously. Otherwise Vergil and 3 Dante are star level because beuwolf his with the force of a supernova.

Naw, it fits fine in context, he kills them. And that supernova statement gets taken out of context. But we're derailing the thread here, that matter isn't all that relevant to the debate since Ryuko can take mindhax attacks from Ragyo and live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back