• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Burning Full Fingers said:
Wait, Ragyō has Soul Manipulation? And Ryüko dealt with it, when?
No, no and never.

But I thought Ragyo had Mind Manipulation. I haven't seen the end of the series yet, but I heard from someone I know that Ryuko could tank the Mind Manipulation. I must have inferred incorrectly. My mistake!

Yes Ragyo does have Mind Manipulation and Ryuko can resist it. But Mind Manipulation and Soul Manipulation are two completely different powers.

Ryuko has never dealth with Soul Manip but Dante doesnt have anything that gives him Soul Manip in this fight

Okey doke, I see the two abilities aren't as interchangible as I thought. Dante does have decent soul manipulation but I don't think it'll be enough of a factor here since Ryuko probably has the staying power she needs not to make it much of an issue. Anyway, my vote still stays even though I was mixed up about Ryuko. My apologies for that, again.

Ryuko has soul resistance?

Also I've been watching the stuff about the Ryuko adaptation thing and I'm starting to think it might just be applicable to stuff that are just LIfe Fiber based.

No, Ryuko does not have soul manipulation resistance, not that that matters here as Dante has nothing with soul manipulation in this fight

Huh? Whadya mean...?

Well Weekly. In all cases that Ryuko has 'adapted' was against life fiber users. Which is the same type as her body. Either by mimicking their skills (flight) or by shifting to.. Well a logical counterattack (how to deal with an invisible guy? literally just use an aoe attack). It's something I've been thinking of. Kinda like how Alex Mercer can only logically mimic abilities possible for his biological composition.

And thanks on the soul thing. Was just confused by it

You do realize that Life Fibers' evolutionary ability is what caused humans to evolve from apes in KLK right? As in they just evolved in general, they didn't evolve to mimic or counter other Life Fibers. Ryuko Reactive Evolution is certainly not limited to only countering other Life Fibers threats.

Of course but it didn't jumpstart cavemen to becoming fancy-clad gentlemen in the span of a day.

Well, there's nothing specifically saying that but nothing is also specifying that it can do more than just adapt to other Life Fiber threats. It's just something I noticed. In any case without that or not Ryuko has no way of surviving spatial slashes and Dante has no means of permanently cutting down Ryuko unless he steals Ryuko's scissor blades so yeah gonna go with a tie, leaning on Dante.

There is nothing to suggest that Ryuko's can only evolve when fighting Life Fiber users just because the people she fights use Life Fibers. By that logic any hax in Dragon Ball only exclusively works if a user has ki.

And so what if it didn't "jumpstart them in a day"? The fact that Life Fibers' evolution and adaptability powers can transform apes to humans disproves your headcanon that it only works when fighting someone else using Life Fibers.

That said I don't like using her evolution too much for an argument (except for typically at most, her adapting to someone's new fighting style) since Reactive Evolution is often prone to over extraploation and NLF. And the best thing Ryuko's ever resisted she already was naturally resistant towards, so I wouldn't assume she'll resist a new hax she's never encountered before.

And vice versa.

Fair, though I won't call it just my headcanon if others have agreed on it.

Well that's my only true disagreement really. The part on your last statements. That's really my only issue with it. But anyway I won't pull it off topic anymore

Multiple people can agree upon or have the same headcanon. And I'm not calling something your headcanon to talk badly about it. I'm referring to it as something like a "theory." But those semantics don't matter as I won't pull it off topic.

I think Dante has soul manipulation on his own when he has fought demons who have possessed humans his attacks separate them and just the demon dies

Ok then I see but I still think Dante would win Dante has faced demons with high mid and low high Regenerationn in the past and he could just seal ryuko with jackpot

From Dante's Page:

"Jackpot!: Uses this technique to seal demons away. Notably used against Mundus, Arkham and The Despair Embodied."

Sparda 20000000 said:
Ok then I see but I still think Dante would win Dante has faced demons with high mid and low high Regenerationn in the past and he could just seal ryuko with jackpot
So your voting for Dante?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back