• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Devil boi vs Fire boi

- Both Low 7-B

- Speed is Equalized

- Both are in-character

- Fight starts at 150 Meters away

Dante: 2 (Demon Takumo and DarkGrath)

Natsu: 0

Inconclusive: 0

MvC3Dante
Let's rock

Natsu in x792 Anime

I doubt this would be as much of a stomp as people are saying, but Dante's absurd Regenerationn along with abilities like Doppelganger (to duplicate himself) and Quicksilver (to slow down time) means he would surely be the winner of this matchup. Consider this +1 vote for Dante.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is really a stomp

Anyway, for now i'm counting the votes but if is really a stomp, then I'll close, it's open now for arguments

Dante has Low-Mid regen that works almost instantaneously. Natsu has no way to get pass that. Besides, look at Natsu's powers and abilities and then look at Dante's. Haxstomps are also a thing.

Natsu have nothing to stop his Regenerationn, or his quicksilver, niether his shadow clone justu(which only limited to 2) amd his other ability, which make impossible for natsh to counter, make it stomp

Dante Demon Killah said:
Hmm, I'm not sure if this is really a stomp

Anyway, for now i'm counting the votes but if is really a stomp, then I'll close, it's open now for arguments
Switch Natsu with Esdeath

What is the AP gap between the two? That's an important factor as to how this plays out.

Yes, Dante has regen, but it isn't infalliable, otherwise the DMC3 opening would have no significance.

Schnee One said:
That opening was Dante far before his prime though
Also Dante has the AP
This is DMC3 Dante we are talking about though, it's the one his Low 7-B statistic comes from.

Seems to me that they are pretty even, given that Natsu is stronger than Gray with his feat.

The opening scene you're referring to is his fight with Vergil, before his prime in DMC3, he didn't even have Devil Trigger then.

Dante is 6 Megatons, where's Gray again?

Yes, but even within the same game, it is made pretty clear that in the showdown between him and Vergil, that regen is taxing on them, otherwise Vergil wouldn't act stunted by having to regenerate his wounds.

Gray's was 4.3, but Natsu is stronger, meaning the gap shouldn't be too far apart.

Partially because Vergil has a space cutting blade, otherwise Dante would be dead by being impaled 4 times by scythes in the beginning

That said, Natsu gets beaten in almost every category

I said Vergil, not Dante.

Having a durability-negating weapon would have no impact on their regen, so I don't know what that point is coming from.

I'd hardly say Dante has the edge in close-quarters given Natsu's extensive hand-to-hand skill, and the fact that Natsu should have no problems dodging attacks because while he is tenacious, he's also agile.

Add onto this that Natsu has a clear superiority in lifting strength (Class 5 vs. Class 25), meaning if Natsu were to attempt to disarm Dante, he'd probably succeed.

Dante's saving grace is Quicksilver, and people seem to think he's always so trigger happy with it.

I'm not getting your first point, I mentioned both Vergil and Dante.

Though the rest doesn't seem incorrect.

Schnee One said:
I'm not getting your first point, I mentioned both Vergil and Dante.
Though the rest doesn't seem incorrect.
Yes, but your point about Vergil's weapon made no sense in context to my first point. Read it again.

Speed is equal here, both Dante and Natsu have the same speed

Anyway, Dante have Time Slow and Teleportation to avoid Natsu's attacks and Duplication to enhance his offense, can Natsu avoid 2 Dantes ? Devil Trigger also amplifies his speed

He also have a passive healing with Devil Trigger and with Royalguard Style, which can also reflect attacks

Schnee One said:
I'm still not getting it.
Doesn't really change it though, I said I agreed
Evilhug

Vergil wouldn't be affected by his own weapon because Dante doesn't have Yamato at that point (not that this matters), was my point.

I didn't say Vergil was affected by his own weapon I was saying Dante's regen didn't mean as much because unlike Natsu he's not getting diced by a spatial manipulation weapon

Dante Demon Killah said:
Speed is equal here, both Dante and Natsu have the same speed
Anyway, Dante have Time Slow and Teleportation to avoid Natsu's attacks and Duplication to enhance his offense, can Natsu avoid 2 Dantes ? Devil Trigger also amplifies his speed

He also have a passive healing with Devil Trigger and with Royalguard Style, which can also reflect attacks
I made no comment on speed.

Oh yes he does, but he can't use all of them at once, so is he going to use the Doppelganger style, or is he going to use Quicksilver? He can't use all these things at once, and to answer your point, I don't see why not, Natsu has fought multiple targets at once before.

But then he wouldn't be using Quicksilver, also I don't think Royalguard can reflect Natsu's fire magic, not that it would have impact on Natsu in any way.

I know, you said that he is "agile", maybe could be referring to a possible speed advantage, that's why I mentioned this

Anyway, he can use his abilities together, the style changer is a game mechanic only, some styles are even just for gameplay like Swordmaster and Gunslinger, the reason that we don't use them together is because wouldn't be interesting for the gameplay (we don't have enough buttons for them) and completely broken. And even then, only Quicksilver would be enough since Natsu would be far slower than Dante, without Regen and in AP disadvantge to tank his attacks

Royalguard can block Beowulf's light based attacks, Agni's fire attacks, Nevan's sound based attacks and even Vergil's Judment Cut from Yamato which cuts through space, it can block Natsu's fire and the reflection is using the attack energy only, not the attack itself, they fill the Royal Gauge, the energy restored from the attack can be used by Dante to attack the enemy or heal himself. Dante also have the AP advantage in base and even more on DT

@Abstractions

Natsu has fought multiple people at the same time before but they were fodders and not skilled fighters physically superior to him.

Dante Demon Killah said:
I know, you said that he is "agile", maybe could be referring to a possible speed advantage, that's why I mentioned this
Anyway, he can use his abilities together, the style changer is a game mechanic only, some styles are even just for gameplay like Swordmaster and Gunslinger, the reason that we don't use them together is because wouldn't be interesting for the gameplay (we don't have enough buttons for them) and completely broken

Royalguard can block Beowulf's light based attacks, Agni's fire attacks, Nevan's sound based attacks and even Vergil's Judment Cut from Yamato which cuts through space, it can block Natsu's fire and the reflection is using the attack energy only, not the attack itself, they fill the Royal Gauge, the energy restored from the attack can be used by Dante to attack the enemy or heal himself. Dante also have the AP advantage in base and even more on DT
Agile has more to do with being able to predict movement and attack patterns for dodging, which Natsu has been shown to do.

I'd like context from this in lore, because I don't think it is demonstrated that he can perform different styles at the same time.

Dante never uses Yamato in DMC3.

And using Royalguard would mean that he would be handicapping himself of the one thing that gave him a good edge over Natsu, good openings.

What ? Where did I say that Dante uses Yamato in DMC3 ? Lmao

Styles are natural abilities that Dante passively always have, see Swordmaster and Gunslinger for example, they are Sword and Gun moves but still separated by style, or are you going to tell me that Dante must choose if he needs to know how to use a Gun or a Sword ??? He already showed both of them at the same time in cutscenes and anime. They are separated for gameplay purposes, this includes others styles

Tho it's true that he only needs Quicksilver here

You guys think this is a stomp or not ? May I close the thread ?

Dante Demon Killah said:
What ? Where did I say that Dante uses Yamato in DMC3 ? Lmao
Styles are natural abilities that Dante passively always have, see Swordmaster and Gunslinger for example, they are Sword and Gun moves but still separated by style, or are you going to tell me that Dante must choose if he needs to know how to use a Gun or a Sword ??? He already showed both of them at the same time in cutscenes and anime. They are separated for gameplay purposes, this includes others styles

Tho it's true that he only needs Quicksilver here

You guys think this is a stomp or not ? May I close the thread ?
I misunderstood what you said with your post. Apologies.

I just don't think it's too pertinent to mention it deflecting Yamato, as that seems more of an anti-feat on the weapon's part.

Yes, but Quicksilver and Royalguard aren't weapo styles, they are abilities with vastly different functions, it makes sense that those are seperated by style.

You would have to show me him using them at the exact same time. Not just telling me.

AnonymousBlank said:
@Abstractions
Natsu has fought multiple people at the same time before but they were fodders and not skilled fighters physically superior to him.
I wouldn't consider both Sting and Rogue complete fodders or inferiors at the time it happened. It still shows his aptitude to handle multiple people simultaneously.

Back