• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a thought, wouldn't this all mean that Dante's win over Goku is a stomp cuz fear hax and starting 10 meters apart?

C2 of Omegon said:
I just had a thought, wouldn't this all mean that Dante's win over Goku is a stomp cuz fear hax and starting 10 meters apart?
I had forgotten they had a matchup. It was likely before fearhax revisions.

I don't get why Beerus striking first is a stomp, as that's literally all of Dante's matches.

Schnee One said:
I don't get why Beerus striking first is a stomp, as that's literally all of Dante's matches.
Because in the case where they start out of range of eachother, Dante literally cannot do anything. He has no wincon.

Except 90% of Dante's wins start at that distance, 4KM doesn't mean shit to a dude with a 10x speed amp at MFTL Speeds.

Schnee One said:
Except 90% of Dante's wins start at that distance, 4KM doesn't mean shit to a dude with a 10x speed amp at MFTL Speeds.
Except it kinda does matter considering Beerus is also that speed thus rendering that point null considering Dante has to move his ass whilst Beerus can remain stationary and wave his hand for his instant wincon?

Schnee One said:
Dante starts with DT and can activate with a thought, not sure why that's a problem.
If you wanna go down that route, I guess Dante DTs in an instant faster than Beerus can wave his hand, gets a 10x boost and blitzes his head off?

Can't Dante just dodge the hakai? dodging a projectile coming from 4km away shouldn't be a problem in a speed equal match. And also, if Dante can sense Beerus from that distance and know he is dangerous what's stoping him from using timestop and then whatever gets him the win?

Blitzing from 4KM distance is especially difficult, not sure who wins that draw.

@Gabriel Time Stop doesn't work 4KM away

Gabriel 00 said:
Can't Dante just dodge the hakai? dodging a projectile coming from 4km away shouldn't be a problem in a speed equal match. And also, if Dante can sense Beerus from that distance and know he is dangerous what's stoping him from using timestop and then whatever gets him the win?
Im a bit iffy on the projectile thing since in multiple cases Beerus has been just to just wave his hand and erase his opponent without need to shoot an orb.

Also im pretty sure Beerus no sells timestop?

Schnee One said:
Blitzing from 4KM distance is especially difficult, not sure who wins that draw.
@Gabriel Time Stop doesn't work 4KM away
Okay so first you say "Dante can just speed amp and run up on him" and then you say "Well actually that'd be difficult"?

You understand the difference between "Can" and "Will" right?

Having the possibility does not mean it will happen, as I am stating one wincon out of literally dozens that Dante has while Beerus has one.

BTW Beerus has zero resistance to time Stop

Schnee One said:
You understand the difference between "Can" and "Will" right?
Having the possibility does not mean it will happen, as I am stating one wincon out of literally dozens that Dante has while Beerus has one.
Well you just earlier said he starts in Dt so in fact he would get a x10 speed amp which is enough to blitz

And since speed is equalized is to the quadrillions of times speed, plus Dante being 10x that, he gets there and dices Beerus up waaaay faster than he can react.

@AogiriKira Beerus profile doesn't listen resistance to time stop, if i remember correctly the only time hakai was used like that was when Beerus was very close to the oponent, even Goku in the manga had to get relly close to Zamasu to use hakai and Toppo used it as a projectile.

Gabriel 00 said:
@AogiriKira Beerus profile doesn't listen resistance to time stop, if i remember correctly the only time hakai was used like that was when Beerus was very close to the oponent, even Goku in the manga had to get relly close to Zamasu to use hakai and Toppo used it as a projectile.
If thats the case Beerus wouldnt even land his Hakai seeing as Dante can just Teleport out it's trajectory.

10x is enough to blitz depending on the distance, much smaller is necessary to blitz at short ranges. But thinking crossing 4KM and swinging is much slower then the action if just raising your hand so again, it's up in the air who strikes first.

...I have no idea what you just said right there, both are Equalized to the same speed, whether they were Equalized to Quadrillioms of times SoL or Supersonic Speed doesn't make any difference.

Dienomite22 said:
Dante doesn't get to boost his speed as he is the slower character without speed equalization
No he does, it just can't be added if it's an Incon or a win in his favor because of it.

Schnee One said:
10x is enough to blitz depending on the distance, much smaller is necessary to blitz at short ranges. But thinking crossing 4KM and swinging is much slower then the action if just raising your hand so again, it's up in the air who strikes first.
...I have no idea what you just said right there, both are Equalized to the same speed, whether they were Equalized to Quadrillioms of times SoL or Supersonic Speed doesn't make any difference.
Im saying they are equalized at the quadrillions of times speed because than that means 4km distance means basically **** all.

"10x is enough to blitz depending on the distance much smaller is necessary to blitz at short ranges. But thinking crossing 4KM and swinging is much slower then the action if just raising your hand so again, it's up in the air who strikes first"

Well he's 10x faster than Beerus, so he'd be basically standing still in Dante's eyes by the time he moved up to him. Distance means jackshit considering their movement / reaction speed, and the fact Dante amps up even higher than Beerus.

@Aogiri That doesn't really change anything, they can be Equalized to subsonic and the difference between then does not matter, just that the fight ends quicker.

@Dienomite But it is valid to argue.

Sure, a fight can't be added if the slower character ties or gets an inconclusive with the faster character by using a speed amp. That does not discount the Amp in battle

If Dante gets an Incon or a win then the fight can't be added, but that doesn't remove the fact that it's a win condition.

Last time I checked time stop and abilities like that had universal range by default unless it was stated otherwise in verse

Didnt that get rejected? I recall that CRT was never concluded

Schnee One said:
@Aogiri That doesn't really change anything, they can be Equalized to subsonic and the difference between then does not matter, just that the fight ends quicker.
@Dienomite But it is valid to argue.

Sure, a fight can't be added if the slower character ties or gets an inconclusive with the faster character by using a speed amp. That does not discount the Amp in battle

If Dante gets an Incon or a win then the fight can't be added, but that doesn't remove the fact that it's a win condition.
Their speed does matter given the distance between them?

It does matter, just not as much the further the distance.

Anyway, I gotta sleep, I have classes tomorrow and a Quantitative reasoning project (never take this class)

@Schnee

That doesn't sound correct as it seems that the character just isn't allowed to win or get inconclusive. It doesn't make sense that a person can argue that a speed boost is a win condition for a character thus not making it a stomp but at the same time the character with the speed boost can't win via that win condition. It makes far more sense to make the slower character not be able to use the speed boost rather than block the character's win condition while simultaneously using it as a reason for the match not being a stomp.

Anyway, Beerus FRA

Edit: The rules state the technique itself isn't allowed if the character wins via a speed blitz because of the amp. Inconclusives and wins via the amp are technically allowed unless it is a speed blitz.

During a match where speed is equalized, speed amplification techniques are allowed, unless they lead to a victory via Speed Blitz in favor of the slower character.

Schnee One said:
Didnt that get rejected? I recall that CRT was never concluded
Note:

"Unless users are shown or stated to have limits in terms of range, or that their ranges extend to areas beyond the universe, then they are assumed to be universal or higher by the virtue of affecting the very flow of time itself, thus all of time in the universe."

-Time stop page

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back