• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Youmu Konpaku [CONCLUDED] (Duel of white-haired half-phantom, half humans!)

It is time.

Okay, so right off the bat, we have to talk about scaling. Danny seems to upscale from someone greater than Clockwork, who did his 36 universes feat. Meanwhile Youmu should upscale from Mokou and Kaguya, who heavily upscale from Doremy, a much weaker Youkai. Doremy's feat of dream creation was like 50+ universes last I saw, though I'm not sure if the upgrade of Gensokyo and The Netherworld being merged changes that. At the moment though, Youmu is considerably stronger to an unknown degree.

Both can reflect and block projectiles, and while Danny can duplicate himself way more than Youmu, her danmaku skill and duplication should easily outweigh that threat. Danny's biggest threat is his Ghostly Wail, but Youmu might be able to affect it by being able to cut sound? Not sure about that. Even then, Youmu's regen is mid-godly so I don't think anything but complete destruction would work.

The problems begin for Danny with two things: Spirit Manipulation and close-up fighting. If Youmu tags Danny with any attacks, he's having his emotions, mind, soul, stamina, and strength sapped or just straight-up absorbed. She can also amp her stats while lowering his own. Luckily for him, he resists the powernull (unless touhou has layered powernull), but everything else will snowball in Youmu's favor.

In a close-up fight, the speed equalization stops mattering, because Youmu's time slow aura will quickly make things detrimental for Danny. Not only can she land her sword strikes, aka her bread and butter, but she can also potentially BFR his ghost half to Nirvana. If she accomplishes that, it'll be leaving Danny human and practically helpless. On Danny's side, I don't even think the Fenton thermos would help, since Youmu can just recreate her phantom half at will. Not only that, but Touhou phantoms aren't exactly ghosts, but rather temperament/emotions iirc, so it might not even work to begin with.

For now, I'm voting for Youmu.

It is time.

Okay, so right off the bat, we have to talk about scaling. Danny seems to upscale from someone greater than Clockwork, who did his 36 universes feat. Meanwhile Youmu should upscale from Mokou and Kaguya, who heavily upscale from Doremy, a much weaker Youkai. Doremy's feat of dream creation was like 50+ universes last I saw, though I'm not sure if the upgrade of Gensokyo and The Netherworld being merged changes that. At the moment though, Youmu is considerably stronger to an unknown degree.

Both can reflect and block projectiles, and while Danny can duplicate himself way more than Youmu, her danmaku skill and duplication should easily outweigh that threat. Danny's biggest threat is his Ghostly Wail, but Youmu might be able to affect it by being able to cut sound? Not sure about that. Even then, Youmu's regen is mid-godly so I don't think anything but complete destruction would work.
Then I don't see how Danny can win.
The problems begin for Danny with two things: Spirit Manipulation and close-up fighting. If Youmu tags Danny with any attacks, he's having his emotions, mind, soul, stamina, and strength sapped or just straight-up absorbed. She can also amp her stats while lowering his own. Luckily for him, he resists the powernull (unless touhou has layered powernull), but everything else will snowball in Youmu's favor.
Danny has 4-D resistances and reactive evolution so his power null resistance can evolve.
In a close-up fight, the speed equalization stops mattering, because Youmu's time slow aura will quickly make things detrimental for Danny. Not only can she land her sword strikes, aka her bread and butter, but she can also potentially BFR his ghost half to Nirvana. If she accomplishes that, it'll be leaving Danny human and practically helpless. On Danny's side, I don't even think the Fenton thermos would help, since Youmu can just recreate her phantom half at will. Not only that, but Touhou phantoms aren't exactly ghosts, but rather temperament/emotions iirc, so it might not even work to begin with..
Ghosts are abstract beings of emotion as shown in the new novel which has been accepted so it would work most likely.

It is time.

Small correction, Doremy's dream creation is a little over 100 universes so it'd be about a 3x strength gap. That said, it seems like Danny has some pretty good AD/stat amping, so I wouldn't say this is an outright AP stomp.

That aside, this rundown is pretty accurate, and I will mention that Youmu tends to open with time slow + sound/perception hax, so Danny will be at a huge disadvantage right off the bat. While he can presumably kill Youmu with some of those 4D hax, Youmu has enough defensive tools (including some very good dodging, or just slicing through/reflecting any projectiles Danny throws her way) to stay in the game, and there's a good chance Youmu's phantom half will take a killing blow and not Youmu herself. In that case, Youmu can just make a new copy with minimal effort. That aside, Youmu can also just BFR Danny but cutting him, which he doesn't seem to have a counter to?

TL;DR: Danny can probably win if he targets Youmu's human half with some of his more dangerous hax, but Youmu has too many defensive tools that'll shut him down first, as well as a sizable AP gap and a fair number of hax that can easily end the fight before Danny can form a strategy to get past all that. It isn't a stomp IMO, but it's a pretty decisive Youmu W.

Y'all throwing my boy to the wolves...
Hey, Touhou was also a punching bag for a while after getting tier 2.

Ghosts are abstract beings of emotion as shown in the new novel which has been accepted so it would work most likely.
In that case all his hax should work on phantoms, they're not anything particularly special rn.

For now, I'm voting for Youmu.
Counted

Unrelated but I don't know who Danny is nor his abilities. I only know that he appeared in Death Battle and that he is half-human, half-ghost and blue haired just like Youmu. If this is a stomp, it's not intentional. Though this discussion seems close so far.

Youmu because she's cuter.

I don't think AP matters too much here, as I repeatedly see people mention how cracked Danny's AD is. But I also don't see him taking her down, especially when Youmu has a pretty solid regeneration and, I think, can just forcefully send his ghost half to nirvana which...would just leave human Danny. And I'm pretty sure that method relies on her sword which is her main weapon.

Small correction, Doremy's dream creation is a little over 100 universes so it'd be about a 3x strength gap. That said, it seems like Danny has some pretty good AD/stat amping, so I wouldn't say this is an outright AP stomp.

That aside, this rundown is pretty accurate, and I will mention that Youmu tends to open with time slow + sound/perception hax, so Danny will be at a huge disadvantage right off the bat. While he can presumably kill Youmu with some of those 4D hax, Youmu has enough defensive tools (including some very good dodging, or just slicing through/reflecting any projectiles Danny throws her way) to stay in the game, and there's a good chance Youmu's phantom half will take a killing blow and not Youmu herself. In that case, Youmu can just make a new copy with minimal effort. That aside, Youmu can also just BFR Danny but cutting him, which he doesn't seem to have a counter to?

TL;DR: Danny can probably win if he targets Youmu's human half with some of his more dangerous hax, but Youmu has too many defensive tools that'll shut him down first, as well as a sizable AP gap and a fair number of hax that can easily end the fight before Danny can form a strategy to get past all that. It isn't a stomp IMO, but it's a pretty decisive Youmu W.
Ok after reading through the conversation. This ^ has me going with Youmu and I see no arguments for Danny that are as good nor do I remember anything about the show that makes me disagree with Mad's assessment. SOOOOO

Female Danny exorcises Male Youmu FRA

Huh, does the number of Universes affecting AP changed or something? Since IIRC just scaling to one more universe was an AP stomp.

Huh, does the number of Universes affecting AP changed or something? Since IIRC just scaling to one more universe was an AP stomp.
Pretty sure they haven't. Not yet anyway.

Having one more universe than the opposition will still mean that the person with higher number of universes will one-shot as the distances between universes is unquantifiable, but not infinite.

Y'all throwing my boy to the wolves...
Bro, this is literally the only thematic MU for both of them in Death Battle, as Danny is now stomp most of his opponents wherehas Youmu doesn't have any of good MU (there are few of them that good but said that opponents have an better opponents they're already reserved to)

Bro, this is literally the only thematic MU for both of them in Death Battle, as Danny is now stomp most of his opponents wherehas Youmu doesn't have any of good MU (there are few of them that good but said that opponents have an better opponents they're already reserved to)
I wouldn’t exactly call this MU thematic, and Youmu has other cosmic characters on her tier that seem closer like Blades and Vergil imho.

I wouldn’t exactly call this MU thematic, and Youmu has other cosmic characters on her tier that seem closer like Blades and Vergil imho.
That's basically what i'm saying on "Youmu opponents has a reserved MU that has a better opponents than her" lel
Rintaro/Blades need an exposure other than being a legendary matches in bsbw

He has wincons, it's just that it's very in-character for Youmu to open up with things that put him at too big a disadvantage to pull them off before losing.
What are the wincons?

Everything he has is either matched or surpassed and/or countered, not to mention since he only has 36 universes and she has 50, she one-shots due to our garbage 2-C gap rules.

Back