• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Planet level/Large Planet level Upgrades!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Yup, it's true. A planet level feat has surfaced...

The Feat

I did a recalc of Dorathea's cloud formation split feat and the results reached 5-B (70.48183556405354 Zettatons Planet level). Now, the reasoning for the distance of the cloud formation is in the calc but I want to go over counter arguments that I remember when death battle brought up this feat, and I'll be debunking them.

1. The cloud formation wasn't that big.

This argument is just straight up false, and comes from this image showing the light green cloud over the floating island. But I honestly am baffled that I even half to explain why this just doesn't make any sense but to just debunk this and get it over with, I'll just say this...

If the cloud formation was that small, where is the light from the sun! We literally see that the cloud formation is blocking out the light from the sun but if it wasn't that big, we'd see light all around that tiny cloud formation but that isn't the case so I'm not sure how people came to this conclusion. We also clearly see the cloud formation is various shades of green and when Danny and Tucker enter the realm, you clearly see clouds before they even reached that island, so I don't see where others got this argument that the cloud formation is tiny other than an attempt to downplay this feat, that light green above the island is just a lighter color of cloud that's closer.

The second part of the argument was since the Specter Speeder didn't get disabled until after a few seconds when it entered the realm, that means time only stands still in that portion and not the entire realm...

Again, this argument is taking a leap and trying to downplay using headcannon. For one, this completely goes against Dorathea's statements as she told Sam and I quote "Not here. In this realm, all time stands still.", and right before she preforms the feat she states and I quote "I think it's time, we took this realm out of the dark ages.". It's straight up stated all time stands still in the entire realm, not a small portion, not a single section. The Specter Speeder not disabling for a few seconds only means that it takes a short time for the effects of the realm to kick in, which is supported when Dorathea preforms the feat and the split starts happening, it takes a short time before Sam's watch starts working again so the effects aren't instant. Dorathea has also lived in this realm for 1,600 years so she's a credible source of information, so this argument (if you can call it that) has been debunked.

2. The sun isn't real and or that big.

This is the only real argument I see that's actually worth discussion but I believe the burden of proof falls on the opposition to prove it isn't a real sun. However, if it falls on me to prove it is real then I'll say my thoughts. The fact that we visually see the sun and see that it produces light pretty much tells us it's legit. Plus, the Ghost Zone is a flip side of our reality and we see they have planets within the Ghost Zone and there is literally no indication that they are miniature in size and I doubt the writers were like, "let's make tiny planets and tiny suns".

So I believe the opposition needs to provide evidence that suggests it isn't a real sun or a super small one. But that's all the arguments and I don't think they hold up so the cloud formation being that big is legit and by extension so is the feat. However, now we need to address the real problem... Is it an outlier?

Is it an Outlier?

I actually don't have a 100% stance on this but I'll give some thoughts but will let you decide for yourselves. First, what is an outlier? Our outlier page states...

"An Outlier is an event or incident that is considered to be completely and irreconcilably inconsistent with a character, entity, group, or series' normal displayed level of power."

I also want to point out that is says this as well...

"Outliers are often regarded as unusable in forums debates. However, efforts should be made to try to reconcile outliers with other canon information, and only very extreme examples should be classed as completely unusable. There are often disagreement regarding exactly what constitutes an outlier, and things that are considered as outliers by some might not be considered as such by everyone. Careful judgement should be used in all cases."

So now that we have an understanding on what an outlier is, let's discuss Dorathea's feat.

Is it an outlier?

I'm going to say, not really. Yes, Dorathea's 5-B feat is much higher than other characters feats, with the next highest being Vortex's 6-C feat which is low balled but the point is there. However, I don't think this is enough to just call it an outlier unless the characters comparable to her struggle with less, because if we used the above logic, Vortex's feat would be an outlier because it's much higher than the next best feat and so on.

From my understanding, there are no feats the characters struggle with in terms of Attack Power. Danny's attacks only covering a small range like these feats aren't evidence against him being 5-B because that's just his range/area of effect or more commonly known as Destructive Capacity, which isn't the same as Attack Potency. If we used this logic, his current rating (7-A) would also be an outlier because he doesn't have the range to destroy a mountain, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have mountain level Attack Potency.

Another potential problem would be if it breaks the narrative of the show? Honestly, it doesn't. For example, some humans would scale but I've proven multiple times that the humans in Danny Phantom aren't "normal human" like us, they have multiple feats showing they are superhuman and have direct scaling to ghosts and not everything is catalogued in that blog, but you can check the pages like Jazz Fenton or Valerie Gray to see more. So the argument that humans can't be that strong is irrelevant because their shown to not be ordinary humans. Finally, the verse has things like the Soul Shredder which was going to cause a planetary storm, and the The Reality Gauntlet which warped the surface of the planet and warped the sky. So planetary stuff has happened in Danny Phantom, and while it isn't scalable in certain ways it shows that things on that scale can and have happened. Vortex made a planetary storm by basically disrupting weather patterns across the globe and Undergrowth was going to spread his plants across the entire planet so in context, planetary stuff doesn't break the narrative of Danny Phantom because the verse has done things on that scale.

So no, I honestly don't think it's an outlier but I understand if others do because it's a big feat.

Edit: I also want to point out that the ghosts not being able to destroy the Disasteroid in the final episode of the series is not an argument against 5-B. That meteor was literally made of Ecto-Ranium (an anti-ghost material) that basically made it so no ghost could touch or effect it. And Vlad not knowing that but attempting to go for turning it intangible instead of destroying isn't an argument either because his attacks don't have that level of range. Spreading his energy through it is different from creating a blast of that size, as seen when Danny's energy beams received a massive area of effect boost when his power got multiplied in "Reign Storm" and as I pointed out already, Destructive Capacity isn't the same as Attack Potency. That meteor was also so bug that it was going to shatter the Earth on impact so he was lacking in destructive range so opted for the easier method.

Scaling

If this is accepted and not considered an outlier, the scaling would look something like this...

5-B Scaling

Princess Dorathea and Prince Aragon would be 5-B since Dorathea preformed the feat and they are stated to be equal in power. Aragon could also tank Dorathea's fire breath without noticable harm. And yes, the fire breath is shown to have force behind it when it hit Aragon.

70.48183556405354 Zettaons (Planet level)

Danny Phantom and those who scale to him will also be 5-B. As while he may be portrayed as weaker than the dragons, it's not a massive gap. We still see him being able to knock back Dorathea and effect Aragon with his attack. He's also capable of surviving their attacks and while he may get knocked down breifly, he gets back up soon after.

70.48183556405354 Zettaons (Planet level)

Multipliers

The Ecto-Skeleton at 100% has an accepted multiplier of a hundred fold. So Ecto-Skeleton Danny and those who scale will be 100 times Dorathea's AP.

7.0481835564 Yottatons (Large Planet level)

Pariah Dark in base forced 10% Ecto-Skeleton Danny to struggle so he's 10 times Dorathea's AP.

704.81835564 Zettatons (Planet level)

Ghostly Wail

Danny's Ghostly Wail can harm Dan who scales to ghosts that are 100 times stronger than base Danny so it's going to be rated up to 100 times his AP rating.

7.0481835564 Yottatons (Large Planet level)

Dan's Ghostly Wail is the exact same as Danny's since he's just a buffed up version of Danny so his Ghostly Wail will be up to 100 times his AP rating.

704.81835564 Yottatons (Large Planet level)

But if this is deemed an outlier, we should write a note on the verse page stating it as such. So thoughts?

Last edited:
Bump. This should have enough support to be applied but I'm going to give it some time before I start editing the profiles, at least to give others a chance to comment, if they do that is.

Alright, im going to go and edit the profiles which is going to take forever!

When I get out from Class I'll help.
Thanks.

Since everyone has a description scaling to Danny in the first part of their description, just remove this portion from the profiles that have it...

"who is exactly 100 times weaker than when he wore the Ecto-Skeleton which is stated to multiple the users natural abilities by a hundredfold[3], allowing him to fight Pariah Dark at his strongest, who is superior to Vortex, who created a storm of this level[5]"

And change to...

"who is powerful enough to contend with people empowered by Princess Dorathea's amulet which allowed her to preform this feat"

I'll add the references.

There’s been enough approvals given, but I also agree with this. Very odd to see Tier 5 Danny Phantom, but I have no quarrel with these ratings

There’s been enough approvals given, but I also agree with this. Very odd to see Tier 5 Danny Phantom, but I have no quarrel with these ratings
It's more odd that it's from a legitimate feat that's been in my face and I just never had the time to truly pursue it until now.

Meh, this verse has reached 4-A and even Low 2-C before, let's hope these ratings don't get downgraded this time.
Unless a legitimate argument comes fourth, I don't see why It would.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back