• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Combat and Reaction Speed Upgrade (Lightning and Ghost Ray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
This thread, as the title says, is going to focus on upgrading majority of the Danny Phantom characters speed. For reference, the characters were downgraded from their Sub-Relativistic/FTL rating because of our revised standards on how we treat flight speed in relation to combat and reaction speed. Here is the thread that downgraded the characters, you can look at it if you want but it doesn't have any bearing on this upgrade.

Current Speed

Just for reference, the current speed for majority of the characters is Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed. This comes from Danny reacting to and dodging one of Valerie's lasers, which are shown speeding past the X-23 Booster Rocket, which in turn is directly stated to be capable of sending a single person into space in less than 2 minutes.

This was calculated at Mach 17. However it should be noted that it only takes the X-23 Booster Rocket around 40 seconds to reach space as I explained when the feat was recalculated and got Sub-Relativistic results but I decided to use the low end to not avoid problems. However I think they can be scaled higher.

Massively Hypersonic Feats

1. Danny reacts to Vortex's lightning

In Season 3, Ep. Torrent of Terror, Danny reacts to Vortex's lighting and puts up a shield.

This feat was calculated and the results are Massively Hypersonic.

2. Danny reacts to and avoids Reality Gauntlet beam.

In Season 2, Ep. Reality Trip, Danny reacts to Freakshow's energy blast from the Reality Gauntlet.

The same beam could spread itself out as waves of energy that covered the planet in seconds and was calculated at Massively Hypersonic+ by me.

The beam should be no slower than the waves because said beam is the waves just now moving in a different direction (omnidirectional)

3. Vlad reacts to lightning

In Season 1, Ep. Bitter Reunions, Danny used the Fenton Ghost Assault Vehicle to attack Vlad and the second weapon to fire was lightning, and after it was fired, Vlad could take a different stance and turn intangible before it hit him.

While this hasn't been calculated, it's consistent with the fact that Danny can react to lightning and would likely yield High Hypersonic/Massively Hypersonic results. Also, Fenton Works have already been shown created futuristic technology and weapons that give off electricity (not lighting but you get the idea) so to say they couldn't create a weapon that fires lighting is pretty laughable.

4. Fright Knight moves as a bolt of lightning

In Season 1, Ep. Fright Night, the Fright Knight is shown coming down as a bolt of lightning and forming back into his normal self.

It's shown that he can cause weather effects upon his release such as a storm cloud so it should be considered actual lighting. While it's not something that can be scaled normally, it's still consistent with Massively Hypersonic stuff.

Light Speed Ghost Ray

Oh that's right, I didn't forget about this one. For reference, here is the thread where I once again attempted to get the Ghost Ray accepted but I stepped away from the thread because i was just tired of debating it at that time though only one staff members disagreed while majority were in favor of it. Here is the original downgrade thread.

Why should we consider the Ghost Ray is light speed/real laser?

To get straight to the point and not beat around the bush, I'll provide the evidence below and I suggest anyone reading this should first check out our requirements for getting lasers accepted as legitimate.

Anyway, let's get started.

1. The Ghost Ray called light.

In Season 1, Ep "13" (the episode is actually called 13), we are introduced to Johnny 13 and his Shadow. When Danny battles Shadow, he fires two ghost rays from his hand and blows Shadow into pieces, when Shadow reforms, it shakes it's head to get rid of the daze effect and Danny then looks back at his hand and states "So bright light effects it".

This is Danny literally calling his ghost ray light, and to prove his theory was correct, Danny has Shadow chase him into a movie theater and as soon as the light from the projector hits Shadow, he cries out in pain and gets torn to pieces.This once again proves light is Shadow's weakness and that Danny's ghost ray would have had to be light in order to effect him in that manner.

2. The Ghost Ray is reflective.

In Season 1, Ep. Lucky in Love, Danny battles Shadow again and uses a magnifying glass to shine his ghost ray through it. This caused it to expand and effect Shadow as light would do.

In Season 2, Ep. The Fenton Menace, Danny fires a ghost ray and it reflects off a mirror.

In Season 3, Ep. Boxed Up Fury, Danny battles a Cyclops and fires a ghost ray at it's eye. When the Cyclops runs of scared, Danny states that he should get some sunglasses... this is him literally saying that if it was wearing sunglasses, his ghost ray would have not worked the way it did as sunglasses are designed to block light.

These feats are blatant proof of it's a beam of light.

3. The creator of the show believes it's actually light and light speed.

To prove this is backed up not only by feats but by author intent, here is a video of Butch Hartman reacting to the Danny Phantom vs Jake Long Death Battle.

In the video above at 5:48 to 6:08, Death Battle talks about Danny's Ghost Rays and how they are portrayed as actual lasers and have a similar make up to light and should be as fast. Butch himself didn't disagree with the Ghost Ray being a legit laser and agreed that their showings and the fact that they would be lightspeed.

I already know some people would try and argue that Butch is simply being biased and favoring Danny Phantom but this is not the case as in that very video, Butch Hartman admits he didn't know Danny destroying the golf course would yield that level of power and states that it was done because it "looked cool", so the argument that he only agreed with lightspeed Ghost Rays due to being biased is completely false as he has no problem admitting when he doesn't know how strong Danny is. So it's clear the Ghost Ray being lightspeed was the intention going off his reaction.

This is actually supported in a previous video Butch Hartman did in the past before the Death Battle was even announced. In this video (1:35), Butch Hartman talks about a new power he thought of for Danny called the Void. He explained that instead of Danny using the glow from his hands to create light, he would reverse it. While the Void move is not canon, Butch's statement about Danny using his energy to create light is valid as it fits the Ghost Ray and other showings of Danny creating light.

So going off all the evidence above, the ghost ray fits 3 out of five requirements for lightspeed.

The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.

* Check, I've proved this above with the magnifying glass feat, the mirror feat, and Danny's statement about sunglasses.

The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.

* Check, Butch Hartman (the creator of the series) outright agrees with them being the same as light and lightspeed in his reaction video and as I've proved, he's not being biased and even before the death battle was announced he made a video that states Danny is creating light which is backed up in verse so it's a legitimate statement.

It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.

* Check, Danny calls it light and I proved that it would need to be light in order to harm Shadow in the way it did.

All the evidence above supports my claim and it meets multiple requirements.

Scaling/Multiplier

Option 1

If accepted, everyone who scales to Danny Phantom's combat and reaction speed will be upgraded FTL (Scaling to Danny moving faster than a ghost ray calc) the other feats will be added as supporting evidence to the profiles as well.

Using the Ecto-Skeleton's accepted 100 times multiplier to Massively FTL (Using the multiplier for Danny moving faster than the ghost ray calc)

Option 2

If the lightspeed ghost ray isn't accepted, we scale the characters to Massively Hypersonic+ combat and reaction speed for Danny reacting to the Reality Gauntlet beam and support by the lightning reaction feats.

Using the Ecto-Skeleton's accepted 100 times multiplier to Relativistic (Using the multiplier for Danny reacting to the Reality Gauntlet beam)

Note: Several members, including staff already agreed with the ghost ray being light/lightspeed but I will ask them to comment again as their opinion could have changed.

Other thread: Remove their FTL
LordGriffin: MFTL time

All jokes aside, the Ghost Ray being lightspeed seems very solid from what I've seen.

The MHS feats seem very solid as well.

Both options seem fine, I'd be fine with Option 2, but I personally favor option 1, so unless Ghost Ray isn't accepted as LS, option 1 makes sense.

Ah no **** my bad, I actually meant Option 1 because I believed Option 2 was the Ghost Ray scaling, shit.
That would be my mistake. The thread discusses the Massively Hypersonic feats, then the Ghost Ray stuff but the option 1 is ghost ray accepted while option 2 is Massively Hypersonic accepted. My bad...

I thought Butch's reaction to the DB confirmed lightspeed years ago. Didn't know there was any controversy.
It's mainly do to how we treat WoG on this site. Without supporting evidence in verse (which there is in this case) we don't really use author statements.

Ok. So just for reference, the FTL scaling applies to each season and obviously I'll explain why.

Danny preformed the feat in season 3, so all characters comparable to him in that season scale. Prince Aragon (who's profile still needs to be revised) could keep up with season 3 Danny in combat and his power/speed comes from a specific item so his statistics don't change which means he's just as fast as he is in season 2 and he's capable of reacting to ghost rays. Princess Dorathea is Aragon's equal as her power/speed comes from the same item so Danny keeping up with her in season 1 proves the characters aren't different in terms of speed throughout each season, at least not by some noticeable margin.

There are a few other characters who support this scaling chain in speed as well. I will also update the ghost ray blog and add it to the verse page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back